Can we have a new rule in the for sale

Submit your suggestions for our board. Talk to moderators about issues or posts
Rodville

Post by Rodville »

I think that it should be made part of the board rules that if you list an item for sale it must have a picture of the actual item. Too often someone lists an item and then says "sorry I don't own a camera" Ok don't list the item until you have have someone take at least a camera phone pic. Too many times I have read threads about someone buying an item and never getting it. and 9 out of 10 times this happens there was not a picture if the item in question. I myself have been burned not once but TWICE.

I asked someone to post a picture of an item I am interested in. and the response was "Why? it's like new." And I am suppose to just take your word for it. I am going to buy something not even knowing if it is the correct part I need? I don't think so. That is like going to the grocery store and buying dinner and not even look at the food im buying. Yes mister butcher sir I want a steak. What? No I don't need to see it I trust you. And him giving me one that was on the floor all day and eveone has been walking on it.

[/rant] Sorry but that comment just cheesed me off.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Just let the forsale ad not get any attention. If there are no pics, then they must not want to sell it anytime soon. Let them learn the hard way of sitting on the item until they get the hint. Just like anything being sold these days (even by some companies) it's buyer beware. It's sad, I know.

Some listings however have a few (more than one) items forsale, which it can sometimes be difficult to post a few details pics of EACH item.  One pic of the main forsale item(s) (or general pic) in question would be nice, I wouldn't expect a person to take 3-5 pics of each item (say they have 5 items or more) until it's requested by a potential buyer.

_________
-------------
Rodville

Post by Rodville »

TTT

rweatherford

Post by rweatherford »

I don't think having a picture will change if you get your parts.  I don't feel it is a requirement.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

scott91gtz

Post by scott91gtz »

i dont think its necessary either. if you are the buyer then u can ask for pictures, and if the seller isn't going to give u any then forget atbout buying from them.

91 gtz -  quad 4 - 5 speed
89 gt - 3.1 - auto
93 gt - 3.1 - auto