what happened

Submit your suggestions for our board. Talk to moderators about issues or posts
MY91GT(Z)

what happened

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

what happened to the featured cars and other topics being updated somethings it has been couple years for some topics seems like this site is just for some research and not whats been done to berettas anymore kinda sux if u ask me..

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
rweatherford

what happened

Post by rweatherford »

No one has volunteered to take over....  You ready?

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

MY91GT(Z)

what happened

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

if i knew how to do it i would cause i know their would be alot of good canindates for featured car especially the ones doin big swaps and the ones that r converting their car to make it look like something else, so i hope some1 that knows more than what im doin on this site can bring it back to life.

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
cramez

what happened

Post by cramez »

I gladly would but I don't know much about java/html/all that garbage.  I learned everything about Berettas and cars in general by finding beretta.net 7 years ago, I'd hate to see it just die off for lack of people caring anymore.  

There are still people that want to see it back, tell me how and I'm on it.  Seriously.

2002 Monte Carlo SS - Daily Driver
1984 Z28 - 355/5-speed
1978 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade
1955 house - sucks up all the car money

Ebay Beretta Parts (changes weekly): http://motors.shop.ebay.com/cramez/m.html?...from=&_ipg=
weba

what happened

Post by weba »

I could help also, i know about creating websites and etc,  but i mostly did those in 1999-2003.. but i'm sure not a newbie on that.

Someone has to start organizing people and ideas to fresh up the bnet.  

I fill up for $130. Also Beretta owner since 2004
heavywoody
Global Moderator

what happened

Post by heavywoody »

I think the reigns need to be handed down in order for anything to get done... no offense Frenchy!

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
blindmandesigns

what happened

Post by blindmandesigns »

I work full time as a web designer building sites from a look in photoshop to a full website with lots of goodies included...

I'd be happy to lend a hand.

I could even give the website (not forum board) a new fresh look and add some style to pages and get rid of the very basic and, no offense, boring look. (page has looked the same for years)

Rex.  Are you looking for someone to take OVER the site as in host it on their own server? or someone to just go in and edit things?  either way I could arrange for both.  If you would like some examples of my work and the ideas I have just drop me a PM and let me know what you want for something to happen with this site.

Thanks.

oldadmin

what happened

Post by oldadmin »

(heavywoody @ Sep. 19 2006,20:23)Q
U
O
T
EI think the reigns need to be handed down in order for anything to get done... no offense Frenchy!
I am ready to step out of the way, we need to figure out a way to hand over the reigns. There are multiple parts of the site at one time we had an editor for each individual section. I would be looking for someone to take over all of the admin duties as well as people to work as editors of the individual sections. (I would be willing to hang around and help with the transition for the new people)

Does anybody have any ideas on a fair way to do this so that anyone that is qualified has an equal chance to get a position. I don't want to be accused of playing favorites.

spacecadetz26

what happened

Post by spacecadetz26 »

I would say cramerz would make a good admin, i see him on here all the time. and he is always willing to help out.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

what happened

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Bryan,

I know we have talked about this in the past..  I feel that the best way is for you to set up a list of qualifications that a person must possess to apply for the job.  Then interested parties should "apply" for the job, and you/we could interview them.  I am VERY interested in helping institute a new admin.  I would love to do it myself, but I am website stupid and far too busy.  I would like, however, to be an integral part of this.  I feel that it is time for a fresh breath of air to be breathed into this site, and I'm sure there is a very motivated hard working candidate out there.  In the end, it is your job to give away so it should be of your design how it is done.  If you want, email me or PM me and we caould talk some details.

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
blindmandesigns

what happened

I am talking with Rex right now to do a complete redesign on beretta.net and give it an awesome fresh look.  If you want any examples of my work PM me and I will be more then happy to show you websites I have done.

rweatherford

what happened

Post by rweatherford »

I'll get the time to work on this in about a month.  Until then I am working 80+ hours a week on harvest.  After that is finished I'll try to get with Todd and set something up if he approves.

Rex Weatherford

blindmandesigns

what happened

sounds great.  

You can take your time with this.  my main took a turn for the worst a little bit ago and getting this quazar GTZ on the road is a bigger priority due to winter approaching and not liking working in the cold on a car, outside atleast...   so once my play money goes into that to get it fully legit for the road I will be picking up a new tower that can handle the design programs (this windows 98 beast isn't cutting it haha.

With the way things are winding down to the end of the year, if this site does get a redesign I think it would make a nice christmas gift to the community making the new design go live @midnight on the 25th  

Just one of many ideas.  Just give me a shout once some direction is established!

Thanks Rex and Mike, and to the others in power I have not chat with yet.

Michael

quad4berettagtz
Administrator

what happened

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Anything new here?

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
rweatherford

what happened

Post by rweatherford »

Still working.....  I was out the door this morning at 7:00 am and it is now 11:22 PM.  

Rex Weatherford