Reply not working?

Submit your suggestions for our board. Talk to moderators about issues or posts
Money pit Beretta

Reply not working?

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I have had some trouble posting a reply sometimes. I don't type very fast and I have to try twice to get the reply to post if I sit there too long.

keep'em flying!
diedemus

Re: Reply not working?

Post by diedemus »

I will increase the session time in a couple of days, I want to make sure every ones cookies have reset before then so they can log in correctly. Plus there have been some issues with the database today, so I need to get that straightened out first. Hopefully by monday I will have the board in its more or less final state and have some of the new content up, just keep checking and let me know if any new issues creep up.

:runsies:

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

be sure to clear your cookies, I had problems on bstuff, bnet and 60* till I cleared out all of those cookies, Now I stay logged in if I check off the remember me box.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

I have kept my cookies and so far it's working ok. I did see that you were doing some work Will because the site went down. I just wanted to check on this problem and make sure that you knew about it. Once again thanks for all the hard work.

Oops, it went down again and I had to wait for 10min to get back on.

keep'em flying!
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

From my perspective it appears that the forum is causing massive database errors and is hanging the database server, I am going to attempt to convert the database to a different setup and see if that is more stable, again, and I hate to sound like a broken record, this is a work in progress at this point and is really not a live setup... I appreciate everyone testing it out and their feedback on it though.

--Will

Money pit Beretta

I did see that after a reply it takes a little time for it to reset. The old set up had the reply box always there and just put the new post above that. I have no idea how this stuff works by the way, so don't think I'm putting you down(or that I think that it's easy to do all this).

keep'em flying!
Money pit Beretta

I could be wrong, but I think the Smilies are slowing it down or loading them is screwing it up. :unknown:
That's just what it looks like.
Something that may be more useful: the error I get on the page.
Line:739
Char:2
Error:Unterminated string constant
Code:0
URL:http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 91&p=30842
Also a Line:216 with the same error and this, URL:http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic. ... =2&p=30842

keep'em flying!
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

That is a javascript error from the quick reply box including the bbcode strings, I am going to switch the quickreply to a different format, I will not have time to do it today though so you will have to bare with posting replies the long way.

:runsies: