Suggestion

Submit your suggestions for our board. Talk to moderators about issues or posts
1988GTU

Re: Suggestion

Post by 1988GTU »

Might be best to not implement a chatbox. Chats are hard to keep information tractable, and a lot of times when someone uses the chat feature on a forum it can be about some in-depth stuff that should be in a thread for future uses.

_________
-------------
Beretta1234567

Post by Beretta1234567 »

1988GTU wrote:Might be best to not implement a chatbox. Chats are hard to keep information tractable, and a lot of times when someone uses the chat feature on a forum it can be about some in-depth stuff that should be in a thread for future uses.
This is true, didnt think of that.

But wouldnt users tell the person looking for tech help to post it instead?

this forum has a chat function like I was talking about:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/

Kinda neat, they still post stuff, I noticed its mostly used for casual chatting, sometimes someone asks a tech question, usualy they get a post it on the forums, sometimes they get ignored. Kinda rude imo, but their system works.

I figured if they can do it and use it every day normally and still have functioning forums, then we can to. :)

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

GHOSTOWLGRID wrote:
1988GTU wrote:Might be best to not implement a chatbox. Chats are hard to keep information tractable, and a lot of times when someone uses the chat feature on a forum it can be about some in-depth stuff that should be in a thread for future uses.
This is true, didnt think of that.

But wouldnt users tell the person looking for tech help to post it instead?
I wouldnt rely on that. Use facebook as a prime example... :(
Every forum is unique in how people treat others.

_________
-------------