We need more stickies

Submit your suggestions for our board. Talk to moderators about issues or posts
ChevyBerettaGT

We need more stickies

Post by ChevyBerettaGT »

Folding at home?
A closed registration for a Bfest thats already happened? ( no new posts in 2+ months)
Planning for already completed Bfest drag racing? ( no new posts in 2+ months)
Donation link for someone who wasnt a member on bnet, for christmas, 2011. ( no new in 8+ months)
Bnet email? Not sure how many people have bought email adresses, but I do know no one has posted in the thread in 2 YEARS.
A sticky explaining the donate button, added 3+ yrs ago.

And thats just this particulur sub forum of the board. Noticing the majority of the sections have stickies with no activity in years.

And if youre worried about a post being missed..... threads with no new posts in 3 weeks are still on page 1.... I think youll be ok.

edited for typos

snowblindburd
Administrator

Re: We need more stickies

Post by snowblindburd »

I agree, I think the outdated announcements could be taken off. The donation button one is probably the only pertinent one up there now.

It is rather annoying to go to the appearance, etc. forums and having to scroll halfway down the topic list for a new topic. They could probably be in the archive or rather a How-To forum. However the last thing we need is more sub forums lol. I'll admit that I have this same problem on my own website (too many subforums, not enough activity to warrant them).

BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

Yeah, I agree. The majority of the members who are active are regulars who don't ever read that stuff. It could all be moved into its own section so newbies can read through it or something.

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

BerettaLove32 wrote:Yeah, I agree. The majority of the members who are active are regulars who don't ever read that stuff. It could all be moved into its own section so newbies can read through it or something.

Wishful thinking, but newbies don't read stickies or rules! It's fairly evident in the for sale section. :o

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

ChevyBerettaGT wrote:Folding at home?
A closed registration for a Bfest thats already happened? ( no new posts in 2+ months)
Planning for already completed Bfest drag racing? ( no new posts in 2+ months)
Donation link for someone who wasnt a member on bnet, for christmas, 2011. ( no new in 8+ months)
Bnet email? Not sure how many people have bought email adresses, but I do know no one has posted in the thread in 2 YEARS.
A sticky explaining the donate button, added 3+ yrs ago.

And thats just this particulur sub forum of the board. Noticing the majority of the sections have stickies with no activity in years.

And if youre worried about a post being missed..... threads with no new posts in 3 weeks are still on page 1.... I think youll be ok.

edited for typos
Ok I'll just change everything to standard topics so everyone re-posts all the time...

Sorry but some things are stickies for a reason and NOT because they get posted in often.

Also if you don't like scrolling down half a page to see new posts then use the "View new posts" link rather than searching each section one by one.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

I do use the view new posts button all of the time. Sometimes I'm just interested in surfing a particular forum.

Honestly, the majority of those how-to's could be made into a how-to section for the actual website and all be in one location. Right now we have some on the home page and the rest scattered around the forums. And before someone says it, yes, I know how the search button works.

This post is in the wrong forum, btw.

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

I think that we can do something to edit out/down the large number of stickies. I too feel that they are "in the way" of the rest of the board. But to 3X00's point, they are necessary to avoid new member, or even current member posts asking for some of the same information over and over.

Perhaps a section of the board with all of them in it? I think the FAQ section would suffice. Or some way to remove them from the top of each page and into their own sub-section? What if we were able to place them into a small sub-set that can be collapsed and expanded as needed? I do not know the intricacies of the board and what the limits are for usability as such.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

Thanks for cleaning it up a bit!

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

View active topics works the best. That keeps up up to date on everything going on.
I agree on some of the stickys, events that is. Boys and girls this site has very few stickys. I've seen a few sites that take forever to pan down past all of them and that's using the slider.

keep'em flying!