Iowa Junkyards

North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and Texas
Scanman88GT

Iowa Junkyards

Post by Scanman88GT »

For any of you in Iowa, there's a great junkyard on the east side of Des Moines called Wrench and Go. You pull your own parts, and pay them a buck to get in. It's at 4100 Vandalia Road, just a mile or two off Exit # 77 of Highway 65.

I saw 3 or 4 GT's there that still had alot of good parts on them, as well as a couple that didn't look like they belonged in the junkyard at all. They've also got a '94 Beretta with a HO Quad4 that doesn't look like it's been picked apart too badly. The front bumper is trash, but the side skirts look decent.It has the Z-26 wheels, but they look like they've got quite a bit of road rash on them. I saw a couple of sets of decent looking cross-lace rims as well.

I just thought I'd let those of you from Iowa know about this place,in case you hadn't heard of it. They're also open 8-5, seven days a week. That alone is worth the trip. I'm so used to places closing at 1:00 on Saturdays, and not being open on Sundays.

Happy Hunting!

Scanman88GT

Luckymc420

Iowa Junkyards

Post by Luckymc420 »

Yes it is a good place to go to get parts.  I am heading there sometime to get parts.  Only bad thing is mud like any junk yard.

Project B!

1991 5-Speed Beretta with a 2002 3400 OBDII In progress.....