Spotted in Columbus Ohio today license plate "NO PINK"

Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, & Vermont
SuzukiGhostRider

Re: Spotted in Columbus Ohio today license plate "NO PINK"

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

3X00-Modified wrote:
SuzukiGhostRider wrote:Jon's car is N/A , it's just bottle fed.
Nitrous is a classification of forced induction, it does not fall under the N/A category. That's why every year im competing with Patrick with the rex 2.0 turbo quad.
Gee really? I know what the NHRA classes it as. To ME though forced induction is TC or SC period. Not NAWWWZZZ!

scannerman

Post by scannerman »

That's a nice looking supra.

2009 Cobalt SS LNF
1995 Z26 3100 auto <--- Totalled
1989 base 2.8 auto <-- Sold
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

So, beyond the the turbo seals leaking, and it being a Toyota, anything else wrong with the car?

I've got a buddy with that gen supra, license plate says Supramn. Im not a fan of the car, (i think they are one of the fugliest cars around) but your mod list is impressive and I appreciate your Quad love. I'd be curious to see your slips. You mention traction issues. What's your 60' time?

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
Mjrsplat

Post by Mjrsplat »

Chad91GTZ wrote:So, beyond the the turbo seals leaking, and it being a Toyota, anything else wrong with the car?

I've got a buddy with that gen supra, license plate says Supramn. Im not a fan of the car, (i think they are one of the fugliest cars around) but your mod list is impressive and I appreciate your Quad love. I'd be curious to see your slips. You mention traction issues. What's your 60' time?
I used to think they were ugly too, they grew on me. As far as issues, just the turbo seal, along with a targa seal that leaks intermittently.

A stock beretta probably has a better 60' time than me in my supra. I don't have a current slip to post, I'm not good at hanging onto those things anyway. Next time out to the track I'll post up a slip.. My buddy is going to let me borrow his dr's for the day.

As far as quad love, I cut teeth wrenching on quad4 cars, my first car was my cutlass, and I've owned probably a dozen other quad4 /twin cam cars.
Last edited by Mjrsplat on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mjrsplat

Post by Mjrsplat »

2.2H8TA wrote:I meant the toyota 6's, my bad, I was just thinking about nissan cause I was checkin out your wheels. Can you drop an older supra body on a newer chassis to address the traction issue they have, because I've seen newer ones run high 9's.?
To answer your question, the cars are unibody. I'm not sure if you could squeeze a mk4 subframe in the rear of a mk3, I haven't heard of it being done though..

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:
3X00-Modified wrote:
SuzukiGhostRider wrote:Jon's car is N/A , it's just bottle fed.
Nitrous is a classification of forced induction, it does not fall under the N/A category. That's why every year im competing with Patrick with the rex 2.0 turbo quad.
Gee really? I know what the NHRA classes it as. To ME though forced induction is TC or SC period. Not NAWWWZZZ!
I would have thought so too, but then again I see why they'd classify as forced induction. It's more like, temporary, instant, Forced induction. :lol:

beretta

Post by beretta »

my friends 87 was that style i think, but was N/A pretty dam quick though at least a ton of torque, it would be sideways through 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th and let off and hammer it again and still go out sideways was fun to ride around in it he traded it for some piece of crap 4 runner though i have no idea why.

same friend traded his piece of crap boat for a late 80's early 90's celica last summer, it had all kinds of goodies, had brand new new lowering struts and springs, new brakes all the way around, stand alone fuel system bunch of other stuff, huge turbo, was boosting 30 psi on the highway buddie was scared to pass us on the way home when he picked it up, doing like 60 mph in 5th gear and boosting 30 psi it was spinning when he got on it. it smoked like crazy though, the ECM was probably never tuned to handle that much boost and needed some serious tuning done, it stunk so bad inside the car you would think it was leaking gas but was just the exhaust lol. he sold it for 2500 bucks withing 1 week of having it.
The rims from it are on my 88 beretta.

I always had a thing for the older toyota's if i ever come across a good deal on a celica or supra id take it.

Mikey Morris

Post by Mikey Morris »

I have a 88 7MSupra that runs low 11s with stock bottom end. So much for a"junk motor that blows headgaskets and eats rod bolts.." Make sure the head is not warped,run arps and don't run low on oil.

A 12 second 1JZ single turbo is terrible. I have gone mid 12s with stock turbo 1JZs with bolt ons and a Y pipe. Be thankful you are not local or I would have MR Pink drive my Supra and you would realize its you that needs more mods lol.

Old page-now runs a JT62 and meth

www.mk3.us/mike