Re: The New Aqua 94 Z

Post by woody90gtz »

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

Holy #%#$%@! those are expensive. I couldn't see in the pics where they were gold plated...???

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

No crap, right? I got mine on ebay used.

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Got this beast inspected yesterday. New cheapo muffler that looks like crap. AP Brand, base model muffler. Too small, too quiet. Not hanging in the right spot. Overall just looks stupid, I did manage to have the stock tips reused however, so thats a plus. The tips do nothing for sound as I was hoping. Oh well. It's a temparary thing most likely, I priced one of them dynomax VT's, and I'm gonna get one soon. Also got 2 new tires, and alignment. YAY!
Now my car sounds like every other 3100 car... not what I was looking for, but at least it's leagal now, and like I said, the cheapo muffler is temporary.

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Since my car is quiet now, I have been able to hear some things while driving. First off, when I accelerate I can hear something that sounds like water sloshing around in the middle of the passenger compartment of my car. Yes the carpet does get wet on the drivers side front, and the passenger side rear, but it dosen't pool up or anything that would cause this noise. Sometimes it sounds like it's coming from in between the front seats, and other times it sounds like it's closer to the firewall, still in the center of the car however. Any Ideas? Also there is no water in my spare tire compartment, so rule that out. (I've seen that happen before.)
On another note, I checked my trans fluid the other day, and it was barely registering anything on the dipstick, but it still shifts fine with no odd noises or anything. (I checked it exactly how it describes in the owners manual.) I have an appointment for Friday to have the transmission serviced because of this. I just want to be safe. I will also be getting a motor mount put in it, as I found that it is shot. I will also be getting the oil changed and having a new oil pan gasket put on.

All in all the car is still running good, and is serving it's purpose for me. Just wanted to let everyone know what's going on, and see if anyone has any feedback on the water sloshing around noise that I have been hearing.

1994 AQUA ZED
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

sounds like air in the system so your hearing the water slosh around in the heater core when the pump is spinning faster. Check your coolant level. And you could have just topped off the trans and not bring it somewhere to be serviced but whatever.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

So what can I have done to fix that? Will it cause any problems being like this, other than it being annoying? It's got good heat and all that.

1994 AQUA ZED
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

get the air out... Purge it, burp it, check the level... standard maintenance stuff.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Ok, thanks for the help, and sorry if I may have sounded dumb by asking these questions. I'll have it checked out when it goes in the shop on Friday.

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Got the car back today, after a week in the shop. Had valve cover gaskets replaced, transmission serviced, and trans cooler lines replaced. It was not leaking oil from the pan gasket, as I assumed. It was the rear valve cover gasket, so they just went ahead and did both. The motor mount I'm waiting on from the dealer, because all that is available from parts stores is the insert. The whole upper right mount assembly is shot, so it's a $170 dealer part, or nothing. Thats the price with a good $50 discount too! I'm also finding that this part may be a 94 only thing, as I purchased a complete mount assembly from autozone (duralast brand) and it would not work on the 94, but was correct for the 96 I belive. I had them get the air out of the cooling system also, but I'm still having the sloshing water sound coming from the same area. When I take it back next week when the motor mount gets here, I'll have him look into this issue further.

1994 AQUA ZED
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Man that rear valve cover gasket must have split or something. Never heard of one that was that bad.

keep'em flying!
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I think all the 92+ upper engine mounts are interchangeable, even though they are different style. Can anyone confirm?

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

The first time I got the car in the air, I noticed alot of oil build up underneath the front end of the car. It was definitely leaking pretty good, I just couldn't tell where it was coming from.
I got that same information on the motor mount from multiple different dealers. To be exact, I was told...
93-96 Beretta/Corsica
92-98 Grand Am
92-98 Achieva
Now I got that info from 3 different dealers, and the fourth dealer I called told me it was only listed for 1994. Also I can tell you that the motor mount in the 94 is definitely different than the one in the 96. Like I said before too, the motor mount I picked up from autozone would not work on the 94, but appeared to be correct for the 96.
Weird stuff, we'll see what the part I ordered looks like, I hope it's right

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Motor mount is in!

1994 AQUA ZED
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

So there is a 92-94 only?

keep'em flying!