Just another Turbo 95'

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
MY91GT(Z)

Re: Just another Turbo 95'

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Who ended up buying the headers after u put the turbo in???? Or do u still have them???

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Pending purchase...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

they dont look to different then a set of S&S design but i woullike to have a nice looking set in my car as mine dont look all that great

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

they are 1.5" primaries vs 1 5/8" as well. SS had larger diameter pipe and I'm wondering if smaller pipe will help me with torque.

What doesn't look great about your's that can't be fixed?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Shane doesn't your car have the S&S? The coating on mine sucked, but a blast and powdercoat fixed that issue and they look about brand new.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

Sorry Shane, I sent you a pm on 60* and asked you if you wanted them a couple months ago and you didn't respond.. so I assumed you didn't want them anymore. Mine don't look super great either. Could go for a new ceramic coat for sure.

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

Slight random update for the car. I installed the blazer fog lights as recommended by woody a few months ago. I didn't have the stock brackets to install them with, so I had to drill a hole in the bumper support and use the bracket that came with the light. As you can imagine, I couldn't get a drill in there so I just used a plazma cutter to make the small hole for it. It's a stud system with a nut on the bottom. It worked well and they look good.

I upgraded to a 2-bar map sensor. The same used on the Cobalt SS. I initially tried to use one from a 6.5 Turbo diesel but it wasn't very accurate. I found that after changing the tune in the PCM to register the boost, a tech2 scan tool wouldn't read the MAP parameters correctly, but the dhp tuner does. I imagine that if I checked the data display for a 3.8 SC engine it would read, but I didn't try.

The car runs and drives great, except a ton of false KR. I imagine it has something to do with my exhaust. And yes, i'm fairly confident it is false and not real KR because I got upset, unplugged the KS and tried to break the engine. Alas, it stayed intact. (that is after numerous attempts to validate if it was false or real). I guess I won't be upgrading to a 3500 just yet ;). This last week I moved from Utah to Indiana to start my new career. I left the Beretta in Utah for now, but will have it shipped out to me in a couple months. I'm currently renting a friends guest house until I find a house that I want to buy with a nice garage I can play in. So until then, the Beretta will stay in my dad's shop next to my 79 Camaro and dragster. I will likely pay to have the Beretta painted in Utah and have some other appearance modifications take place before I have it shipped. I will keep everyone updated. And yes, I know, without pictures none of this happened. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it ;).

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Sounds sweet. Looking forward to some PROOF via pictures. haha

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Best way to validate false KR is to up the octane your running, or pull a ton of timing from that area and see if it comes back just as bad... Mine will sometimes pull over 25* cruising on the highway at a certain speed... I know for certain that is false since its only running at part throttle.. no way an engine can have that much knock at those conditions.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

That's what I did to validate that it was false. I changed my spark maps to be a bit more conservative (got the #s from TGP on 60*). I was running premium then I added octane booster with no change. Basically whenever I had the throttle open, I would get KR.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

If you havent yet, try wrapping the sensor with butyl rope, That helped mine a lot. And I think my most recent issue with false KR might have been from the timing chain I had go bad on me. It was hitting block bosses and also rubbing against the timing cover quite a bit so that would induce some noises for it to pickup.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"