1994 3500 6 Speed ZR6

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: 1994 3500 6 Speed ZR6

Post by 3X00-Modified »

That's nuts but then again the pump was changed on the side of the road so something may be a miss in there emphasizing that issue.

My bucket was cut open and I could run it down to an 1/8th with no issues... I also have a stock tank with stock baffles.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

I have always had issues with my fuel pump and tank setup, first I tried to run the walbro 255 in the stock bucket in an aftermarket tank, that was a bad idea, I realized enough fuel could not get into the bucket so I drop the tank again, i then cut the bucket and still had leaning issues at wide open throttle, so I drop the tank again, I removed the one bean bag on the outside of the bucket and cut the hell out of the bucket since the pump has a built on bean bag of course, I was still having lean issues at wide open throttle when I was at a half a tank, I realize that the aftermarket tank I put in did not have baffling to the ceiling of the inside of the tank so all the gas even with the bucket completely cut out was just washing to the back of the tank when I hit the gas, I drop the tank again and put in an OEM ACDelco tank with baffling to the top of the tank and it's somewhat okay now, if I do pulls I still have to have between a quarter and a half of tank of gas or it will go lean, I could never find a way around it, I know with my supercharger I can pretty much watch the gas gauge go down when I'm in boost but I didn't think it would be this bad..

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

SummitBalt08 wrote:Bad news is upon installing the passenger side axle seems the axle itself is a little short.
While tightening down the axle nut it looked as if it were pulling the axle back a bit off the jackshaft.
I will probably get a new axle made this winter.
Shoot CVSource and email or Call him... They made my axles in 2 days after receiving them... They were made to fit my width as well as input and output specs for the 4t60e-HD diff.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

3X00-Modified wrote: They were made to fit my width as well as input and output specs for the 4t60e-HD diff.
Did you supply any measurements ?

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yes I supplied measurements from the trans case to the bearing mating surface as he asked for... At ride height.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

3X00-Modified wrote:That's nuts but then again the pump was changed on the side of the road so something may be a miss in there emphasizing that issue.

My bucket was cut open and I could run it down to an 1/8th with no issues... I also have a stock tank with stock baffles.

The pump itself was changed in a parking lot but the bucket wasn't cut.

The following weekend after Bfest last year.. James took the tank out and went through everything. He used your pics for reference to cut the pump bucket. My tank had a leak so we ended up using the tank out of my parts car. (all this is in this thread)

I'm probably going to go back to the stock pump bucket this winter.
Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Slinky wrote:I have always had issues with my fuel pump and tank setup, first I tried to run the walbro 255 in the stock bucket in an aftermarket tank, that was a bad idea, I realized enough fuel could not get into the bucket so I drop the tank again, i then cut the bucket and still had leaning issues at wide open throttle, so I drop the tank again, I removed the one bean bag on the outside of the bucket and cut the hell out of the bucket since the pump has a built on bean bag of course, I was still having lean issues at wide open throttle when I was at a half a tank, I realize that the aftermarket tank I put in did not have baffling to the ceiling of the inside of the tank so all the gas even with the bucket completely cut out was just washing to the back of the tank when I hit the gas, I drop the tank again and put in an OEM ACDelco tank with baffling to the top of the tank and it's somewhat okay now, if I do pulls I still have to have between a quarter and a half of tank of gas or it will go lean, I could never find a way around it, I know with my supercharger I can pretty much watch the gas gauge go down when I'm in boost but I didn't think it would be this bad..
mine cuts out during hard turns and hard acceleration still using a stock tank from my 93 parts car.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

3X00-Modified wrote:
SummitBalt08 wrote:Bad news is upon installing the passenger side axle seems the axle itself is a little short.
While tightening down the axle nut it looked as if it were pulling the axle back a bit off the jackshaft.
I will probably get a new axle made this winter.
Shoot CVSource and email or Call him... They made my axles in 2 days after receiving them... They were made to fit my width as well as input and output specs for the 4t60e-HD diff.
I will probably do that sometime this winter also. I'm pretty sure I won't go back to RCV. Hopefully CVSource isn't more expensive than what RCV was. I do only need one axle shaft made though so probably won't be too bad.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I paid $265 for both of my axles to be made/rebuilt... He's VERY reasonable.

And I'm very baffled that both of you have fuel delivery issues yet my setup was quite reliable and the only concern I had was the exposure of the pump when the tank was low and that resulting in excess heat and short life of the pump. Honestly I went back to a stock bucket this year with a stock looking Walbro pump, the one I ran in the red car, and I have my old setup as the backup just in-case that can't keep up and scavenges the bucket dry.

Inside of a 93 tank and 95 or 96 tank is no where near the same... just a fyi...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

3X00-Modified wrote:I paid $265 for both of my axles to be made/rebuilt... He's VERY reasonable.

And I'm very baffled that both of you have fuel delivery issues yet my setup was quite reliable and the only concern I had was the exposure of the pump when the tank was low and that resulting in excess heat and short life of the pump. Honestly I went back to a stock bucket this year with a stock looking Walbro pump, the one I ran in the red car, and I have my old setup as the backup just in-case that can't keep up and scavenges the bucket dry.

Inside of a 93 tank and 95 or 96 tank is no where near the same... just a fyi...
I still have the Walbro I got from Slinky last year. Might put that back in with a stock pump bucket. I don't want to deal with only having a 8 gallon range

My stock tank is a 94 so only went a year back. I dont know if they are the same on the inside or not.
Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

I feel like I wasted my time and parts having James cut the pump bucket. Now I have to get one from a junkyard Ugh.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, IF it's executed correctly the cut up bucket is NOT your issue. I had no issues with mine and could almost run the tank dry... Even at 1/4 it wouldn't go lean or cut out.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

You must have super powers or something. Everything works out for you Lol.

James used your pics for reference and did what you said.

It probably just comes down to being my luck.

Its not the worst thing in the world compared to what all I have dealt with owning this car. It will get figured out and fixed.

I feel bad for not going through you for tuning.. but that laptop I bought for tuning only ended sucking badly not powerful enough to handle the tuning stuff and shipping ecms back and forth is silly/not worth it.

Got a mystery problem with high idle and falling flat after giving it gas right now. Seems like the easiest most effective route is to just let Milzys finish up the loose ends and get it over with since they are local.
Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I just can't get my head around all these issues with fuel pumps, buckets, tanks etc.

I ran my 3500 with a stock 120,000 mile pump in the stock tank to mid 13's and NEVER had a fuel issue.

Very hard acceleration (1.87 60' times).

100+ MPH trap times and I very seldom had more than 1/4 tank of fuel at the track.

Sometimes you may need to stop over-thinking things and just leave well enough alone until it proves to be insufficient.

Just my .02

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Me and Tyler are expecting a bit more from our setups... I will agree with you when it comes to Shawn though... I feel you could get away with a factory style setup as long as its a good quality pump.

Regarding tuning... I take no offense because it's very hard to tune through the net and not be hands on with the car... never mind not building it so you honestly don't know what your starting with. It's easy for me to work with Tyler because I know how that is put together...

BUT having Milzy do the tuning... I wish you luck and hope to god it works out.... I have not heard good things come from his shop so I just hope you don't walk into another situation that will just bring this car down even more.
SummitBalt08 wrote:You must have super powers or something. Everything works out for you Lol.
It's called attention to detail and execution... ;)

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"