1994 3500 6 Speed ZR6

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
SummitBalt08

Re: The trip into the "big leagues" ..running and driving!

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Also got my C6 Corvette ZR1 Suede with red stitching e brake handle/boot installed

Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Also got my C6 Corvette ZR1 Suede with red stitching e brake handle/boot installed

Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

About time to get a cover for that pretty car. All Vetts have one as you know.

keep'em flying!
weba

Post by weba »

Looks great.

SummitBalt08

Re: The trip into the

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Just thought I would update about the Z.

I have drove it quite a bit .. but the noise it had in the front end that started at Bfest this year is getting worse. I am looking into that soon.

I have decided that in the future I am swapping to the 06 F40. The highway gearing of this 07 is annoying as hell.

The plan this winter was for James and I to pull everything out of the engine bay.. then reseal the firewall and repaint the engine bay. After that he wanted to change the mounts to a better setup .

Also was planning on fixing the slight rust in the rockers before it got bad.

Other than that.. I was going to locate a nice set of fenders and a good hood. Due to the heat at Bfest and here since.. Bondo is popping out on the hood and fenders.. then repainting the car since the body shop I took it to did a horrible job.

Bad news is James is no longer around. I will never see him again as he is put away for a long time do to his own stupidity. Guess I never had a friend all along.

I have chrome door handles from an early Beretta to swap in and still want to get the shift plate and radio/hvac/vent surround piece done in Carbon Fiber but that is in the distant future plans now.

Now not sure what will happen. Alex is talking about helping me with the engine bay stuff but will have to see what money will allow. Next year I am fixing the house up so I am probably going to take a break from the Beretta since I am not going to Bfest next year anyways.
Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Life sentence?

_________
-------------
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Yep. He really does deserve it for what he did but I'm not going to post it here.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

SummitBalt08 wrote:Yep. He really does deserve it for what he did but I'm not going to post it here.
wow!
Post it in the OT section!

_________
-------------
Money pit Beretta

Glazing putty? Try All Metal if you can't find the hood and fenders.

What noise? Control arm busings? Rock Auto has the whole arms for a good price. That covers bushings and ball joints. GM stuff too!

keep'em flying!
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

1988GTU wrote:
SummitBalt08 wrote:Yep. He really does deserve it for what he did but I'm not going to post it here.
wow!
Post it in the OT section!
Here's you OT! :runsies:

It's none of our damn business!!

And I am guessing Shawn already regrets posting alittle too much information.

Life goes on!

:beer:
Last edited by Asylum on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Now it's gotta be known!!!!!! I would have never cared much to know more now than ever since Eric brought it back up!!!

_________
-------------
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

Is the interior leaking? Why do you want to reseal the firewall?

What mounds did he want to change to? If the engine and transmission are in - why do you to start changing things?

I know you dumped a bunch of money into the car - and from the pictures it looks like the guys that worked on it did a good job.

I know we haven't met - so don't take this as a personal attack on you - but is there a reason you don't work on the car yourself?

A Haynes/Chiltons manual aren't that expensive - and decent a set of sockets/wrenches from Sears are like $150.

If you start off with the simple repairs, after time - you will eventually gain enough knowledge to do almost any repair yourself.

Do you have any of the old engines that where in the car? Best thing to do would be to get a set of sockets - and tear apart the motor - bolt by bolt, piece by piece. You will learn how things are bolted/assembled together - and the best thing is if you break something who cares - its a scrap motor anyways.

You will also learn what you don't want to do. In my case - I will never do body work.

It sounds like the initial heavy fabrication - motor mounts/trans mounts/welding are already done.

If you need to take the motor out - a cherry picker from Harbor Freight is pretty cheap. Disconnect the motor mounts/wiring/hoses - and drop it out the bottom.

I know that sounds like a lot of work - but if you organize yourself and make a list of jobs that need to be done it will make it a lot easier.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

As far as tools and stuff goes I have pretty much everything.. this Blue Point General Service kit from the Snap On truck is the best thing I ever bought lol

This is the best toolbox to take to the junkyard. I also have a standup toolbox with a bunch of tools also

Also the garage and engine hoist in the pics in the beginning of this thread is mine.

I can do alot of stuff. Just not the internal motor and "custom" stuff quite yet.

With the mount for the trans setup the way they are.. the engine moves alot when you let out of the clutch too fast. James had a plan of using the Grand Am 6 speed swap mount from Milzy Motorsports to possibly fix that issues and get rid of the dogbone mount on my radiator support.

The car does have a slight water leak to the interior and the strut towers are banged up a little from the Quad 4. I was going to re seal the firewall and re paint the engine bay while everything was out to do the mounts and such. Also have a little wiring that needs gone through.
Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
Money pit Beretta

Don't forget the cowl area, a good quality seam sealer will help there and the firewall.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

The cowl seam does not lead into the car... I've stated that multiple times but no one listens... The leaks come from the fresh air vent, and the seams ON the firewall that are fixed easiest when the motor is out. brake booster mount area and the edges where the firewall meets the fender wells and the firewall and floorpan joint... they all let water in and rust in those areas.

Notice Part 41 and 3... 3 is the complete firewall, where the rack mounts and you can see the hole for the fresh air vent... 41 is then spot welded where it bends back into the car FORMING the cowl area, but that seal does not lead into the interior compartment.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"