1994 3500 6 Speed ZR6

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
woody90gtz

Re: The trip into the "big leagues"

Post by woody90gtz »

I have a whole factory service manual for them too...but the file is huge. Maybe I can email it to you.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

woody90gtz wrote:I have a whole factory service manual for them too...but the file is huge. Maybe I can email it to you.
I would be VERY interested in that too, if you don't mind... There was an ebay seller who used to sell a rebuild kit -basically synchros and a few bearings for ~$80, IIRC. I think I'll check into that again... I'll probably want to pick your brain about LSD's too. :)

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Yeah I think that is mantrans on ebay. I got the kit from them and they are actually Midwest Transmission in MN that I sent mine to for a rebuild.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

I need to start updating this thread again..

Decided that since the car has nothing of a Z26 anymore, its going to be a ZR6.

I drew it out on paper to see how it would look before asking somebody to get it digitally designed..

Turned out good.. Woody did an awesome job on the design and sent it to Jon to get factory style decals made

Just for fun lol

I got all the powdercoat parts back from Alex but was busy and forgot to get pics of everything.. so heres the front brakes so far..

12 inch rotors..

Then C6 calipers! Love this look!

Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

whats up with the zr6?

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

bonecrrusher wrote:whats up with the zr6?
You are good at reading posts completely right? Lol

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
bagged_and_loud

Post by bagged_and_loud »

Summit Balt,

This while thread is just amazing. From finding the car for 475, hauling it home a good ways, getting dogged on, and them keeping faith and seeing it through. My hats off to you sir. :beer:

I had a black z26 once. Had it oh, 2 months, and it got totalled, behind any hope of saving it totaled. At least for my wallet. So fat I've had a 96,95 and currently a 94 z26. although all have been v6. Once I had a 91 GT and plan on buying it back. As said many times, it takes a special person to love berettas, but those of us who do, love what we have.

I plan someday, if the planets line up just perfect, to use the 5 speed out of the mentioned gt, and basically have an exact clone of your car. Currently y 94 is purple haze but they look so much better in black. My black z is the favorite of all the cars I've owned. I'd love to build a tribute to it, better then it ever was. I hope since were both in Ohio, we can meet up one day.

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

I still don't get the ZR6 either! I'm also intrested in the placement of the decals, as I see you have 1 extra door decal, and 1 extra bumper decal. Is this just incase? I'll wait...

1994 AQUA ZED
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

bagged_and_loud wrote:Summit Balt,

This while thread is just amazing. From finding the car for 475, hauling it home a good ways, getting dogged on, and them keeping faith and seeing it through. My hats off to you sir. :beer:

I had a black z26 once. Had it oh, 2 months, and it got totalled, behind any hope of saving it totaled. At least for my wallet. So fat I've had a 96,95 and currently a 94 z26. although all have been v6. Once I had a 91 GT and plan on buying it back. As said many times, it takes a special person to love berettas, but those of us who do, love what we have.

I plan someday, if the planets line up just perfect, to use the 5 speed out of the mentioned gt, and basically have an exact clone of your car. Currently y 94 is purple haze but they look so much better in black. My black z is the favorite of all the cars I've owned. I'd love to build a tribute to it, better then it ever was. I hope since were both in Ohio, we can meet up one day.
Thanks for the kind words! I went through more trouble for this car than anybody should for any car.. it took 6 months just to get the title in my name and the car was in my garage the whole time. I love the car though.

Where you located in Ohio? There are quite a few in Ohio and a fall meet would be awesome! James here in town (Sidney), Patrick about 20 minutes from me, Tyler in Pitsburg, theres a couple Berettas in Cleveland I believe and I know I am forgetting a couple.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

This weekend we should make alot of progress on the car. I have close to everything I need to get the car done.

About the ZR6.. give me a week or two.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
bagged_and_loud

Post by bagged_and_loud »

SummitBalt08 wrote:
bagged_and_loud wrote:Summit Balt,

Thanks for the kind words! I went through more trouble for this car than anybody should for any car.. it took 6 months just to get the title in my name and the car was in my garage the whole time. I love the car though.

Where you located in Ohio? There are quite a few in Ohio and a fall meet would be awesome! James here in town (Sidney), Patrick about 20 minutes from me, Tyler in Pitsburg, theres a couple Berettas in Cleveland I believe and I know I am forgetting a couple.
i live 3 hours away from you. my beretta and my wallet isn't ready for a fall meet. unemployed puts a big damper on things. I did get it back from the shop today. but then found out it needs a front right caliper. but, it stops well enough to drive in town. also gotta figure out whats wrong with why the drivers side window don't work, and why the audio is all messed up. hopefully next spring, we can make a mini bfest ohio and surrounding areas. also, I decided my air ride suspension needs to go. waaaay too much body roll. and hopefully, come spring, I could bring two depending on if/when/where we decide on a location. my 94 z26, and a 91 gt 5 speed I plan to buy around tax time. this is about the color of my car now

SummitBalt08

Re: The trip into the

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Wait, so you gasket-ported the lower intake with the intake still on the engine?

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

I didn't like the idea either. That was all Tyler. He put towels in the ports so nothing would get down in the motor.

To me it was a waste of time. I just wanted to get the car done so there was a lot of time wasted on that while James and I worked on other things.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Yeah... I hope he vacuumed it out before removing those towels.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions