My sexier than Angelina Jolie GTZ

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image

Post by Guest »

K...so maybe she's not all that sexy...and maybe she has an appetite for mailboxes...but hey...nobody's perfect, right? ;)

Picked this beauty up two days ago...got a few (read: 674) issues to work out...but she starts, stops and turns...not bad for $300CDN (about 250US). Oh yeah...Quad4, 5speed ;)

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

That was a frickin great deal for about 260USd.  
If I was around when it was being sold, I would have paid 400 for it no questions asked.

_________
-------------

Post by Guest »

haha thanks...yeah I'm pretty happy with it....definitely needs some attention...but nothing extraordinary

btw...asking price was 750CDN hahaha....but the guy liked me and knew it was going to a guy who's actually going to care about it and not trash it...I told him I"ll give him 2-300 he said make it 300 and we struck a deal....love sellers like him ;)

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

"1990 Chevy Beretta GTZ - Gotta love Quad4 winter beater"
You might wanna find a junker to more fit the purpose if you want to keep it around longer.  

I bought my 90 Z for under 50.00 bucks USd and it looks like shatt and the motor was in pieces in the trunk/back seat when I got it.
Slowly restoring it to my taste.

_________
-------------

Post by Guest »

haha I know what you mean...my truck started out as a temporary vehicle 'till I could afford V8 gas again (used to drive nothing but small-block powered cars). 4 1/2 yrs and thousands of dollars and hours later it's too good to drive in the winter...go figure.

I have a feeling I'll end up keeping the GTZ for a while yet...

if your Z is the on in your sig...good going...sexy car ;)

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

If Angelina Jolie's face looked as smashed up as that.... I'd still hit it.

Looks like a decent project car....

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

(LowriderS10 @ Nov. 03 2005,23:03)Q
U
O
T
Eif your Z is the on in your sig...good going...sexy car ;)
Hahahaa I wish my car looked liked what I have in my sig.

For real, my 1990 GTZ is hit, some would junk it and call it a day.
I couldn't see doing that to the poor POS.  

_________
-------------
MAJ28

Post by MAJ28 »

That's definitely a project, definitely repairable!  Just keep an eye on the underbody for rust and change all the fluids and she might just last.  

How many miles?

»Jason

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   

Post by Guest »

ummmm 243 000kms that would be roughly 150 000 miles

and yeah...I just bought some fuel injector/system cleaner, new oil filter (same as the one for my S10 oddly enough haha), fresh oil and a new air filter (the old one had leaves and crap stuck in it!!!!!) last night....Gotta do that...also top up the coolant....maybe take her in for a tranny fluid change if she starts acting nicer....;)

z284pwr

Post by z284pwr »

Gear oil you mean right?  5spd don't have "trans" fluid, its just more of gear oil 85W or so, or as I call it "*** Oil" since it smells so bad haha

Brian Edwards
'73 Trans Am - 455/Auto
'79 Suburban - 454/Auto
'88 Beretta GT - 3.1/5spd
'90 Beretta Indy - 3.1/Auto
'90 TGP - 3.2 Turbo/Auto
'04 TSX - 2.4/Auto
Obsessedw/Berettas

Post by Obsessedw/Berettas »

That looks like an awesome project car! I love black GTZ's.  

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
- C.S. Lewis

Post by Guest »

thanks guys...yeah I love the black too gear oil...right...thanks ;)

umm....put the new air filter in...tossed in an AC Delco battery (sold my wagon so I had to give it back its battery lol), my buddy found my rearview mirror on the floor haha, put in the injector cleaner, checked the oil...full and pretty damn clean!!!

whatever that stupid hesitation is STILL needs to be worked out, but other than that I managed to lock up the brakes today (they were so rusted before that it wouldnt' do it haha), and I'm noticing that it ain't too bad on gas around the city if I keep it below 3200-ish RPM. Starting to really like this piece of junk ;)

Post by Guest »

It is great that you saved this car from a too common ending for most berettas... It's nice having a variant of the most potent 4 cyl GM ever made isn't it???

Post by Guest »

YESSS!!!! People are always surprised when I tell them that Chevy made a DOHC, 16v 4cylinder that put out 180hp STOCK...nearly 16yrs ago ;) I used to be a total V8 fanatic...'till I couldn't afford the gas anymore and bought my truck...I bought it only for gas mileage and wanted to sell it as soon as I could afford another V8. Well...4 1/2 yrs later the truck is still mine...and has the most built 2.5 in Canada (as far as we know it's the fastest Canadian 2.5 S10 ). Either way...I'm kinda obsessed w/ GM 4bangers now ;)

Btw...is that a Z26 front bumper on yours? I really like the look of those bumpers...though I prefer the smooth grille....wish my hunk of junk would look like your sexy ride one day ;) Also...15.58 1/4 is pretty damn good...any performance mods?

Post by Guest »

That car definitely has potential, good luck with the restoration!