Project Second Chance Pics, Vids, Update PG19!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
90GTZHO

Re: Project Second Chance - Update PG4!!

Post by 90GTZHO »

Nope, they are near mint. Just have a little bit of overspray on them. The other set is in the same condition, just no overspray.

I picked up a mandrel and some cutoff wheels today so i can get the lower rocker stud mounts taken off this weekend, hopefully, and start getting the rocker mounting brackets riveted on. I will prolly also be getting the rear bumper cover installed and mounted up.

More coming...

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Damn your lucky.

keep'em flying!
Koots

Post by Koots »

Money pit Beretta wrote:Man it's starting to look good. The only problem I had with the headlight seals on my 95 is that the frame came off one. Window weld sovled that problem on one of them.
Mine seem to hang out a bit more on the top than yours. Never did get around to putting my better set on. Also still looking for a "nice" set.
Window-Weld is very useful :D

I'm loving the progress and am jealous of all your parts :D

My Corsica is also a second chance vehicle. It's why I was able to pick it up for $100, even with a few brand new or low mileage parts on it.The GR2 struts just had a covering of light dust on them, which can happen just driving down the road around here.

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

So, got some more work done over the last week. Nothing super exciting, but the car is taking shape.

Got the rear bumper installed

Then on Sunday, i got the drivers lower skirt on, only thing holding it up at the moment is the bracket that mounts under the door.

Last edited by 90GTZHO on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Then on Monday, i got the drivers door skirt on. Riveted on in only three places just to make sure it was right and level. Found out after two of them got on that the rivets didnt grip the metal tight enough so now i gotta drill them out and install slightly shorter rivets. No worries there.

And looking down the side.

Geoff
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

So then, i decided it was time for a full walk around. Shes looking alot different then when i got her home...

Im hoping to get the rest of the brackets mounted and the passenger side skirt mounted up. All in all, im happy with the way things are going. I just need to get a couple small things for it still before i move onto the interior. The outside of the car will likely get no paint treatment before the interior starts getting its love (minus the front bumper, i wont drive a red bumper car again lol). I want to have an interior back in it. Im cool with the outside looking like hell, but if im not comfortable, game on.

I should have more coming soon.

Geoff
1988GTU

Re: Project Second Chance - New Update PG5!!

Post by 1988GTU »

Nice! Often do I wish I lived closer to Beretta/Corsica enthusiasts. Would light the fire under me to get more projects done. haha

_________
-------------
themixer

Post by themixer »

please apply some paint to this car!

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Like my last one, paint will always come last. Im a fan of going like hell and worry about looks later. I like the wanna-be sleeper look. People dont expect a car that looks beat up to move or handle ;-)

Geoff
themixer

Post by themixer »

"Im a fan of going like hell and worry about looks later"

How much horsepower does a Z04 body-kit add?

Try a roller paint job just for fun! Would cost less than $100 !

Money pit Beretta

I take it you are trying to get it done before the summer heat. Sure is coming together fast.

keep'em flying!
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

I would like to get it done before summer, but i doubt that will happen.

As far as the goes like hell part of it and the Z04 kit, i never said it was adding power. But everyone whos anyone that has their hands on a 3100 powered L-body knows that the 3100 is only a temporary thing, as is the trans. Some of you may know that i am having issues with the trans and will be replacing it soon. Im looking at trannies from 96-99 Luminas as there are a crap ton of them in AZ and i can pick up a low mile one for like $200 - $300. Why the Lumina trans you may ask, i want the 3.29 gears and ditch the stock 2.92s.

Roller paint job? I have given it thought as i say Ryan's car in person, and it didnt look half bad. I may do that, but we will see. The car is flat black right now from rattle cans, so i will want to remove all that before i go too crazy.

Geoff
themixer

Post by themixer »

i wish there was more beater berettas around my area, i would be driving one all year instead of hiding in my garage.

Money pit Beretta

I don't know Geoff, I really like the 3.33FDR in my GP trans. But.........kind wish I would have went with the 3.43FDR.

keep'em flying!
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Yeah, i want somewhat decent gas mileage still though. I dont want to go too crazy with it. Remember, i have a GTP to suck the gas down ;-) I want to stay in the very high 20s possibly low 30s mpg.

I have the passenger side rocker and door skirt installed now. I just need to finish securing the door skirting and im set. Then all i have left is the drivers side quarter bracket and the screws along the bottom of the rockers and the kits done. I do however still need to get the kit painted better and find a hood thats not warped and crinkled.

I found a 94 Base up in a yard in Flagstaff but i dont have the cash as of now or the time go get it. Im hoping it will be there for a little while longer. Also hoping the interior isnt shot. Thats the next big thing.

I am hoping to be able to get it registered and back on the road soon so i can see how she does with all the new suspension parts and whatnot. Im really hoping all that clunking is gone now. We shall see.

More pics tomorrow.

Geoff