Project Second Chance Pics, Vids, Update PG19!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
90GTZHO

Project Second Chance Pics, Vids, Update PG19!

Post by 90GTZHO »

So, after over a year of not having a Beretta and missing my GTZ, i have found a new car to continue my ownership of the Beretta heritage. Now, the car is not exactly my first choice for an L-body, but shes got plenty of potential. Im actually really excited to transform and save this car from the depths it was headed for.

The previous owner was actually a member on here by the name "kellyu". The car has lead a bit of a hard life and needs more TLC than most people out there are willing to put into a car. On the bright side, for some sadistic reason, i felt the need to get the car and save it. Something spoke out to me about it, other than the $350 price tag and it ran and drove, just need a little work.

He thought it was done for with blown head gaskets but when torn apart, alas, blown intake gaskets, both busted pretty bad. Put in the new steel gasket set, plugs, wires and some seafoam in the oil with new oil and shes running like a top. Trans shifts good, motor is solid and strong, and everything but the dome light and a/c work. I was happy to find out the cruise works. Sad to find out that it did not have rear defrost, but thats an easy fix.

Anyways, on with the pics, hold your laughter, shes gonna be nice when im done with her so keep that mind open :twisted:

Last edited by 90GTZHO on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
90GTZHO

Re: I Have Returned! 95 Base Project

Post by 90GTZHO »

Yup, thats a first gen Tiburon spoiler....yeah, its going bye bye!

Thrush Turbo Muffler and wierd resonator tip

He was preparing for side exit exhaust :no: :fool:

Geoff
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Interior is by far the worst part of this car. Its garnet for starters, and painted over on that. Yeah, if i can find it, grey interior FTW!

Yup, thats interior spray paint on the ceiling.

Geoff
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

And finally the stock engine bay. I have a strut bar and other stuff to go on under here.

I have plans to get the exhaust fixed, better intake, Z04 kit, and some GTZ wheels. I'll update as i go.

Geoff
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

Oh wow, looks like you're going to have your hands full with this one. The previous owner really went to town aesthetically speaking. At least the drive-train is now solid and the body is rust free, function over form FTW!

Now are you really sure you want to lose the rear spoiler...let's not make rash decisions here...I mean that thing is like the Mona Lisa, you can't really put a price on a Tiburon wing and Beretta combo!

Just kidding, the wing needs to die.

Nice find, I look forward to seeing this cars progress!

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Yeah, that wing will be off this weekend. I thought about trying to sell iy but i dont think they are worth anything. I want either a GT/GTZ wing or a GTU wing for it. If i do the GT wing, i will overhang it off the back like i did on my GTZ. Ill find a pic and show you guys what i mean.

And yeah, handful is right. The good thing is, is that i get the satifaction i had with my old car, i will have my hands on every part of the car and will know it inside and out. Will be a whole new car when im done with it.

Geoff
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

The man is back in town!

keep'em flying!
Stencil
Administrator

Post by Stencil »

That is one of THE ugliest 95's I've ever seen sir! You weren't kidding about it needing " a little work ".

What's with the temp running near redline?

-Aaron
'92 Beretta GTZ 2.3L 5M - Undergoing "unibody off" restoration ATM (almost done!)
'93 Beretta GT "MISEREE" 3.1 5M
'95 Beretta Base DGGM 2.2 5M
'96 Beretta "FAUXZ26" 2.2 5M
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Aaron for some reason it relaxes to that spot when the key is off. I have no idea why. It will be a work in progress but im okay with what it needs. I replaced almost everything on my GTZ and i have no problem doing it with this car :-)

Geoff
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

90GTZHO wrote:.. If i do the GT wing, i will overhang it off the back like i did on my GTZ. Ill find a pic and show you guys what i mean.
I am curious about that.. I didn't notice your wing was like that on your GTZ at Bfest 2011

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
themixer

Post by themixer »

i have lots of interior parts that could repair that all in red. Planning to come to canada and time soon?

also have the z26 cluster for that year of car also just send me a PM we can work something out

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

So after having the car home for a bit, i was able to change the oil out of the car and get a couple other things done. Having the Seafoam in the crank case gave the oil the appearance of having been in the car for over 5k miles, its was black as hell! Good thing is, most of the the water vapor that was left behind is gone now :D Now i just need to get a few other things fixed and i can start driving it to work.

Anyways, first mod, strut bar.

Geoff
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I sure envy the lack of major rust in the rear! I could sure use a car like that.
Don't forget the rear MRZ bar.

keep'em flying!
DOHC_tuner

Post by DOHC_tuner »

Glad to see you back man. That sure is a handful right there. Engine bay doesnt look to bad.

I agree with what you said about having hands all over the car and knowing it inside and out. Thats my motto for my Beretta.

I have a GTU spoiler for sale if your interested.

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Thanks man! Im still trying to figure out what spoiler to do. Heres what im looking at so far.

Relocated GTZ/GT/Indy spoiler, closer to the rear:

Before:

After:

92-94 Cavalier Z24 Spoiler:

Or the GTU Spoiler

Im just stuck on what to do and i like all three, but hard choice. Maybe i will get a deck lid with each lmao! :P :crazy: On the up side of things, i have plenty of things to fidgit with in the mean time. I have a bunch of stuff organized for it, just need to bring it all in.

More coming soon.
Last edited by 90GTZHO on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff