Tylers (aka Slinkys) Build

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
GTZfan

Re: Tylers (aka Slinkys) Build

Post by GTZfan »

Music to my ears... my ears are Quad4-tuned, but nonetheless!! Very impressive built.
Only why is the exhayst hanging? :runsies:

1991 GTZ Quad4 black, all original, low miles. Beretta Calendar 2008, 2009, 2015
1992 GTZ Quad4 quaser, completely restored. Beretta Calendar 2011, 2012, 2013 images of the shiny quaser
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Because I didn't make this exhaust, :) it's the exhaust that was off his old 95 and it just does not seem to fit right... I have no idea if something happened to it after it was removed, or if it fit this badly before but I can't see Tyler accepting that when he had it made. It's fully tucked up under the floor pan and gas tank but the muffler points downward and the pipe is extremely close to the rear axle and will hit it when the suspension compresses... I was not hired to make an exhaust for it unfortunately ;)

The fit is extremely weird to me since it's the same headers and same year car so it should fit exactly the same but it just doesn't.

Running out of time to finish the car so now that it is running I'm concentrating solely on tuning it. I'd like to deliver the car to him this weekend and have a solid tune on it that he can run with... Granted no tune is ever done but I want him to be all set for a while and just have to monitor it and tweak it from time to time... As well as we can dial it in a bit more on a later date if we get it on a dyno or at a track together.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

In a year or so maybe even this winter I will get a full SS exhaust for on it

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

That sounds exellent! When I'm ready to swap, I'm hiring you too. Though the swap I want is simple compared to this, I think after seeing so much of your work you're the guy I'd trust most to do it. I'm glad you went this route Tyler, I really liked where the other car was going and I was pretty pissed off when I heard about the rust problems with the other car. Glad you stuck with it man!

1994 AQUA ZED
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Slinky wrote:In a year or so maybe even this winter I will get a full SS exhaust for on it
Plans I eventually have for my car as well... The legacy is all set in that department now.

I don't know if I will do another car... This is my second car for the community and unfortunately they always come down to the wire and also at bad times for my free time as well.... I've blown off the race car since our first race at the beginning of April and concentrated on this car... Our next race is this Thursday and I don't think the car is ready to go. Kinda disappointing but the driver/owner has also been held up at work a lot during a refuel at the Nuke plant.

I also just don't have the free space to build a car anymore... My garage is TOO small lately. BOOO! We'll see how things go though... Things can always change.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

I'll just fly you down and we can do engine builds in my garage! lol

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Never said I wouldn't help in builds but this may be the last one I do from the ground up myself at my place... Without Tyler's help the one weekend he came up I think it would be even further behind than it is.

And I don't fly... mail me a gas card... LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

At lease you'll go out with a bang haha

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Please no bang... bang bad.... LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Just move next door to me jon. I promise, only mon thru sat to work on my projects. Sunday would be all you to decide to sleep in.lol

_________
-------------
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Updates Jon?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Tuning... It's rather boring and mundane... I'm just driving the car logging and making changes right now... Nothing really to report.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

The car ran great for 2 years.. and believe it or not it's back at Jon's house in CT being retuned for the new upgrades.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It's getting there.... Tune is doing well and the car is producing about 13PSI at peak RPM now... Quite the impressive machine. With a more reliable wiring harness I think this will be the car to beat at the track.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Wow that's pretty impressive wonder what numbers is pushing for in hp and what it would be capable of at the track.... Got to say this is one of the top builds in my book

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line