themixer

Re: Tylers (aka Slinkys) Build

Post by themixer »

wow automatic transmissions have a lot of peices

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Take apart a manual and then disassemble the main and secondary shafts and tell me it has less parts... I doubt it does. :)

This is just the input shaft of my Legacy 5-speed, and many of the parts are stacked in groups in this photo... each one of those gears consists of at least 6-8 parts each.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

I hope that trans is getting some paint treatment or a thorough cleaning... otherwise it'll look like crap compared to your nail polish block.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yeah yeah I was going to try and re-paint it black for him. It was already power washed and cleaned. I mean I guess I could put some aircraft stripper on it now that It's mostly sealed and then blast that off... but we'll see.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

3X00-Modified wrote: I mean I guess I could put some aircraft stripper on it now that It's mostly sealed and then blast that off... but we'll see.
Sounds good :twisted:

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

The last progress from this build... Tyler was over this last weekend and helped get everything into place... Now just the small details... lol yeah not very small.

Had to pull the trans apart again due to the Diff housing being wrong and I had to weld up old holes and drill new oil holes. The previous rebuilder swapped out the bad old 95 roller clutch for the better revised 96-99 version but didn't swap the diff housing with it... that worked out for the LSD because Tyler ordered one for a 95 and it fit.

yummm trans lube

95 on the right and the 96 that I need to copy on the left

different style roller bearings, 96 on left and 95 on right.

Info about it

welded up old holes

all back together and yeah I painted it industrial gray... LOL

How we left it after Sat

Headers were NOT easy to get in... They are VERY tight and I think would benefit from the crossover being re-positioned Almost impossible to start all the bolts with the two connected together. They also lay right against one of the transmission pistons on the back of the trans, apparently not designed around a 4t60e, just the 3t40.

Worked on it a bit last night, Only things changed is I installed the PS pump, bolted the TC to the flywheel, installed the starter and evaluated a few line clearance issues... Changing the oiling to the SC, I need to tweak the oil cooler outlet some as well since it aims right at the AC delete pulley.

Ordered heater core lines yesterday as well, Amy may be picking them up today and then I can install the rest of that setup and fill it with coolant to check for leaks before I can't get to those parts anymore... LOL My biggest concern is the lower intake pipe outlet, I hate that thing and it always seems to leak if you just look at it wrong so I want to make sure it's in there right before I have line after line blocking it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

That is 1 SEXY engine and build.

Personally i thought you had to many tranny parts on the table, you could of left out a few, nobody would on noticed it.

Who is AMY, and why is she mentioned?

LOL,

my pistons (quad), were top coated and side coated. the coating were different products(and colour).
IIRC, my 2.3l pistons were much higher then yours, is that possible?

Keep up the great work.

Slinky

Post by Slinky »

You should be able to run the oil cooler lines through the a/c delete pulley frame (what i previously did)
And im thinking maybe you should just change that LIM quick disconnect metal housing since i already got the other one and it will be a PITA to change after the coolant is in..

Thanx black GTZ
And Amy is his wife..

nocutt

Post by nocutt »

Very, very, very nice work...Slinky and Mr. Pinky (Jon)...we need more builds like this in this small niche :beer: cheers guys

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Slinky wrote:You should be able to run the oil cooler lines through the a/c delete pulley frame (what i previously did)
And im thinking maybe you should just change that LIM quick disconnect metal housing since i already got the other one and it will be a PITA to change after the coolant is in..

Thanx black GTZ
And Amy is his wife..
Just wanted to hear you say change it, I don't like letting things nickel and dime someone and me be the cause of it... And Pauly is 100% aware of who Amy is he's just effin with me lol.

and nocutt, the real issue is finding people this dedicated to making a beretta fast and then also having the skills to build something from the ground up since there isn't a hotline for performance parts.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

3X00-Modified wrote:
Just wanted to hear you say change it, I don't like letting things nickel and dime someone and me be the cause of it...
No worries, anything that will save time and either gain reliability or aesthetic appeal is always worth buying IMO, so don't hesitate to ask

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Had to remove the fans and nudge them further to the right, Oil outlet interfered... BUT I test fit the SC to see how it all lines up and everything looks good.

Damn is it close to the headers though.

Hitting the fan and still not 100% in place.

All better! just gotta put the fans back in.

SC inlet vs my Legacy turbo inlet... I guess it pays to have the compressor wheel spin faster they can be smaller.

Coolant hose routing... VERY close all around, I think someday tyler should custom make a outlet for his engine that sits a bit further back to give him more room to make the bend.

I still wonder how the hell all this stuff is going to fit under the hood... LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

Jon - is the shaft that connects the pulley to the compressor inside of the what looks to be aluminum housing?

Like the mounts that attach to the head are not some type of bearing - and that milled down tube has a spinning rotating assembly inside it - right?

I've never seen one of these kits and not sure how the mechanical side of it works.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Theres plentya room LOL
Make sure to use a level and calipers when you attach the coolers/fans again :lol:

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

You wise guy, I'm gonna mount them all crooked now! lol

Yes Craig what's visible is a housing and the spinning parts are enclosed with bearings, this is the first time I've had my hands on this type of setup as well.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"