Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
themixer

Re: My Beretta's sacrificial lamb/ '98 Cavi Z24 Convert

Post by themixer »

can you do burnouts with it now?

GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

Nice i like those cavalier verts. Nice rims too they look kinda like the GT crosslaces

Holy god that shifter look tall!

Amateur

Post by Amateur »

can you do burnouts with it now?
seeing how its an auto cavalier with all seasons, I wouldn't expect much, probably 1-2 seconds of wheel slippage if I were to try.
Nice i like those cavalier verts. Nice rims too they look kinda like the GT crosslaces

Holy god that shifter look tall!
Oh it is tall. Not as tall as the Ford Aerostar shifter that we used to have back in the 90's. Picture pulled from google for reference :

So my Savvy Cavi is finally up to speed and is now my daily driver. I got a new top with a vinyl plastic window vs the stock glass one professionally installed. At the end of the day, it cost me a little over $ 1k which is right where I pegged it. I'm in at about $2700 with this car which makes for one hell of an expensive cavalier but whatevs. I'm not one to let a car waste in neglect and feel kind of good bringing this car back to life.

my daily driver Nissan Sentra rental car while waiting for the top to get installed:

My sister's Dodge Caliber uses a Nissan CVT so I felt right at home with this one. The brakes are remarkably good on these Sentras but the car did feel a little underpowered. IN all honesty, this car kind of felt like an appliance. I'll leave it at that.

Driving the Savvy Cavi to school with the old top:

New top time!

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Sentra's in general kinda of imitate a mobile turd... If turds could be motorized, state registered, and require obeying road laws...

_________
-------------
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Amateur wrote:^I was drooling over that karmann ghia! Those cars are beautiful to look at IMO
I did a seach one time for photos of them. There was a custom one that looked freaken great! It also had a well needed engine swap.

LOL not so cold now with the new top eh? Bet it was a nice change!

keep'em flying!