New DD (not a Beretta)

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
GTU89

New DD (not a Beretta)

Post by GTU89 »

..its a 94 Ford F150 :runsies:

300 i6/E40D, 355 gears, Towing package (PO took the harness and hitch tho), AC, dual gas tanks, had aluminum wheels but gone too has styled steelies as pictured. cloth bench..and that is all the equipment vinyl floor even lol

I painted the bottom gloss black. the bed (was primer grey still doesnt match and needs wetsanding/buffing but better than grey) and bumpers/grill and tailgate.

Interior is literally like new and its surprisingly not rusty.

Seems weird but neat to drive something so spartan now. Now the GTZ won't be seeing any salt and I can go over it good.

Any of you guys have/had anything similar? Loving the i6 so far and its knocking down pretty decent mileage (around 16-18ish city)

FYI both mirrors match just weird lighting makes the passenger look like a faded chrome mirror lol
Attachments
IMG_20141017_171954.jpg
2014-10-17_17-19-08_HDR.jpg
20141010_093248.jpg

1988GTU

Re: New DD (not a Beretta)

Post by 1988GTU »

Had a short bed 95 f150 I6/5Speed. 400K miles and the A/C worked up until the day it was sold. Rust was really getting the best of it.

_________
-------------
GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

1988GTU wrote:Had a short bed 95 f150 I6/5Speed. 400K miles and the A/C worked up until the day it was sold. Rust was really getting the best of it.

Wow hopefully this lasts close to that long. About 168xxx miles as of now. motor is very healthy awesome oil pressure and no ticks/knocks/smoke/anything even on a cold cold start.

A/C compressor is dying on this so I'll have to fix it then. The bed isnt original slightly different color under the bed liner with new hardware attaching the bed to frame and has some rust repair around the wheel wells on it as you can see. The cab and frame are very nice though . rear tank needs replaced has a hideous leak from somewhere on it so I have to rely on the front tank which is actually a bit smaller than the GTZs tank.

Other than a tuneup (bunch of bad sensors. got 2-5 mpg and rolled coal!) its been great so far. tranny filter/pickup was just laying in the pan!

Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

I had one (96 F150 with i6 5spd). Gave it to my father in law. Still runs and drives just fine. Has around 275,000 (last I checked) and still on the original clutch even!

This "hideous" leak? We had to replace the valve that switched from tank 1 to tank 2 before. The back tank would always be emptying into the front tank as you used it and vice versa lol

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
whiteretta

Post by whiteretta »

It seems they all have that stupid issue where fuel goes from one tank to the other... My dad has a '96 300 5 speed, does the same crap.

Excellent trucks though!

1994 Chevy Beretta, mild 3500 swap.
https://youtube.com/@MurphRocks86?si=mpCQc0DnEitPx3Jg
GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

mine doesnt do that but most seem to. mine just dumps on the ground via. rust hole in tank lol

agree tho great trucks, not a ford fan at all but these were some nice old fashioned dead reliable trucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk