GTZryda's 90 GTZ project

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
GTZryda

GTZryda's 90 GTZ project

Post by GTZryda »

My first Beretta GTZ is a Michigan car and is really rusty. The drivers rocker is rusted through and the drivers seat mounts were so rusty it broke on me and now its a rocking chair. I was looking for any Quad 4 powered car to become my new winter ride and came across this on craigslist. Turns out it was Sousas/Mr Beefy's old GTZ. HE sold it to a ricer and her came to destroy a decent shape GTZ and blow the motor. It was a solid body so I picked it up. Now in the process of dropping my HO quad 4 from my old Garnet GTZ ( which runs tip top, 15.3 @ 93, does not leak a drop of any fluid) in to this one.

When i first got it

90 GTZ W41
96 Z26
96 Twin cam
GTZryda

Re: GTZryda's 90 GTZ project

Post by GTZryda »

I got the front end off today and got most of the sensors disconnected.

Soon they will become one

90 GTZ W41
96 Z26
96 Twin cam
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

What from what is going where? Are you using the new one as a base to use parts from your current running one? Is one less rusted than the other too? Progress looks good.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
GTZryda

Post by GTZryda »

3X00-Modified wrote:What from what is going where? Are you using the new one as a base to use parts from your current running one? Is one less rusted than the other too? Progress looks good.

The one in the garage in sousas/MR beefy's old GTZ. The ricer he sold it to blew the motor, well blew a gasket and leaked all the oil out and it seized. The body is in alot better shape than my GTZ. My first Garnet GTZ has a good motor( it was rebuilt with a 93 HO head) but is a rusted out Michigan car. So i'm taking the motor, headliner ect and installing it in the my new GTZ. Then i'm going to save all the good parts from my old GTZ, axles, tranny, wiring harness, ecu, rear axle, brakes, trunk lid, weather striping, doors, all glass except the wind shield, ect ect.

90 GTZ W41
96 Z26
96 Twin cam
Mr. Beefy

Post by Mr. Beefy »

I know I'm digging up old stuff here but what ever happened to this? It still pisses me off to this day that my old GTZ ended up like that. If I would have been able to tell the future I would NOT have sold it to that kid. He showed a lot of interest in it and he was told to watch the oil cause the cam cover leaked. Hopefully it's doing you good.

Back in it's hay day of looking good. I kept the Z rims for the corZica and put the old GT honeycombs on it before selling it.

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon