Beretta 2017 Autocross Spec D-prepared

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Chevy Beretta FF

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Um they are always very different in size... 3500 is no exception either...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themixer

Post by themixer »

get those NKG plugs out and swap them with OEM ac delco, with my old 2.2 I never had any luck with NKG they always cracked for some reason

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Don't be dissing NGK... That's all I run with my Nitrous... They are very reliable plugs.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themixer

Post by themixer »

Not dissing, but never had luck with them in my 2.2. The porcelain cracked and they would Arc against the head. Also had one break off in the head, that was a fun day. I was quite rough on my 2.2 and used all of the rpms. Not sure if that would cause it but it never happened with the Delcos

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

All the non copper ngk's must be carefully gapped and always apply anti-seize when the plugs are torqued into dissimilar/poor quality metals.

With that being said, I run ngk's in the quad 4, 3500, and 2.9l. What's common between all them?
They are all GM products and not driven for mpg and they are exposed to aggressive driving.

_________
-------------
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

3X00-Modified wrote:Um they are always very different in size... 3500 is no exception either...

Can't see the ports in that photo. :)
I must be looking a too many newer V8's as of late. Overall volume is more on the intake manifold runners, sure looks a bit closer than that 2.2L. But those are 300+hp engines. Most have heavy modding too, so the heads may not be stock.

keep'em flying!
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Money pit Beretta wrote:I must be looking a too many newer V8's as of late. Overall volume is more on the intake manifold runners, sure looks a bit closer than that 2.2L. But those are 300+hp engines. Most have heavy modding too, so the heads may not be stock.
2.8/3.1 ports are really close to those 2.2 port sizes...

Was it shown in the past that a 2.2 in/ex port could be ported to out flow a ported 2.8/3.1 in/ex port?

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Money pit Beretta wrote:
3X00-Modified wrote:Um they are always very different in size... 3500 is no exception either...
Can't see the ports in that photo. :)
I must be looking a too many newer V8's as of late. Overall volume is more on the intake manifold runners, sure looks a bit closer than that 2.2L. But those are 300+hp engines. Most have heavy modding too, so the heads may not be stock.
Seeing how none of his photos showed actual ports side by side intake vs exhaust, I thought you were referring to valve port size, hence my photo.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

It was my fault for not making it more clear on the first post. That one photo showed the intake runners without the plenum and the head with the exhaust manifold off. If I put something about that in the post it would have been more clear. Dropped the ball on that one(again).

keep'em flying!
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

By the way Koots now has a 3400 Alero. Just so you know.
that's awesome, I've always liked oldsmobile's styling before they kicked the bucket.

I got slammed with a bad case of the flu and finally recovered enough to see this through.
I fired her up today and the good news is that the exhaust is coming out clean instead of the carbon deathcloud it had before. So I'm not burning any oil! Yay!

The bad news is that I lost my exhaust flange/gasket thingy that seals the downpipe and manifold so there's a gap that makes for a very loud exhaust, see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiL-iJX ... e=youtu.be

Also, I kind of broke the plastic end from my heater core trying to remove a hose. So in the meantime, I made a really bad bypass until i fix it.

Money pit Beretta

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LIL-35440/
Bought the straight one years back for a trim tool, found out it is great for taking off "welded" on hoses. Just got to work it all around the end of the hose(sometimes using one side to get deeper in) and then use it as a pry bar to get the hose off. Most of the time the hose pops right off. Saves the hose and your hands from getting poked by a screwdriver. Also keeps and old hose from ripping...when some half mad person is yanking on it.

It is part of my JY "tool bag" and never go there without it. Even used it to pop out valve cover bolts so the seals could be replaced(metal 3100 V6). That thing has more than paid for its self. Been the right tool for many jobs.

keep'em flying!
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

I sorta lost an endlink somewhere putting the car back together...Sooo totally got some new Mevotech ones to throw in there.

Also I'm doing a superthrift paint job which sounds like a fun way to spend my time. My car is literally 5 different colors right now. Now a proper professional paint job comes after my engine rebuild which might be a year and a half at least. It's all in the prep work andddd I'm having none of that nonsense today. This is a temp paint job that I really only need to last me a year, require minimal work, and be super thrifty.
I mean I did next to nothing in prep and finish when doing my black side mirrors and they are still looking okay after 1+ years of abuse using an off the shelf spray can:

look at that orange peel!

I'm just giving the car a light sanding to wipe off the clearcoat and residual wax, masking, then giving it the go.

Pontiac Beretta?

Spiders!

I'm using this, it's a gloss light gray.

Amateur

Post by Amateur »

Finally started with Operation Superthrift on the front end, laying down the basecoats. Not bad for two and a half cans of spray paint.

themixer

Post by themixer »

getting good coverage ! smooth out those dents with some bondo!

Money pit Beretta

Orange peel....comes standard on cars that cost 60-80K too. Love to laugh at that at a stoplight. Yeah Mr Mercedes your clear coat is not flaking off, but you have just as much orange peel as my car! Guess that shows he has enough money not to care.

Don't get me wrong, still love an AMG.

Dry ice those dents. What are you going to do...hurt the paint? Which in some ways is better than mine and you are repainting anyway! :)

keep'em flying!