Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Rodville

Re: AERORETTA

Post by Rodville »

Reminds me of a Camaro. Nice progress. :beer:

Amateur

Post by Amateur »

This project is draining my soul one day at a time. I did the bezels for the headlights using plastic.

This is where the crossroads are in the Aeroretta. I like the shape, but I'm split on how the headlights should be.
I can snag a pair of Euro headlights and make the car look like a hint of camaro/ geo storm-like.
OR
I keep the stock ones and make the custom tinted covers over it as so:

Of course the covers still need more refining, mounting, and some weatherstripping rubber on the edges.

I'll get a better idea with this once my paint arrives early next week so I can paint that fascia. That bondo is distracting and it'll give me more time to fine sand some of the edges.

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

wtf? why do I like this? :beer: :good: doing good so far bro. I like this new approach your taking.

NMBeretta

Post by NMBeretta »

I don't it looks like a sunbird.

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

wtf? why do I like this? doing good so far bro. I like this new approach your taking.
Beretta.net tells me it's your Birthday, so happy Bday man, hope it's a good one!
I don't it looks like a sunbird.

jk, everyone's got an opinion so I can respect that. Btw, I think you meant Sunfire-

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Sunbird

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

I've installed the headlights right out of a geo storm into my frankenstein of a car. The connectors where a direct plug and play. I had to do some bezel cutting to mount. I've decided to make the headlight covers clear when i make new ones tomorrow. Primer should be on this beretta by the least tomorrow.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Interesting.... Not sure what to say. Have to admit, been thrown by whatever fasteners you used at the top left and right... Please tell me that isn't what you are going to end up with? They stand out bad and make it look "ghetto". No offense.

Outside of that, all you need is some custom made trims around your lights so they look finished, do the paint work... Hell who knows it could work. Definitely different.

Edit:

The thing to do with the ends where they meet, is to find a way to make a nice meeting seam. But it will require some custom body work. Anything else makes it look bad, in my opinion of course. Props to doing something different though.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Amateur

Post by Amateur »

Interesting.... Not sure what to say. Have to admit, been thrown by whatever fasteners you used at the top left and right... Please tell me that isn't what you are going to end up with? They stand out bad and make it look "ghetto". No offense.

Outside of that, all you need is some custom made trims around your lights so they look finished, do the paint work... Hell who knows it could work. Definitely different.

Edit:

The thing to do with the ends where they meet, is to find a way to make a nice meeting seam. But it will require some custom body work. Anything else makes it look bad, in my opinion of course. Props to doing something different though.
Those are good suggestions, I'll see what I can do with the inner headlight bezel tomorrow. I did make the polycarb headlight covers and have to figure out how those are going to mount. I kept the outside mounting screws on it just because I like the look albeit painted to match the body so its subtle. Most of that comes from the awesome machines that Rauh-Welt creates:

Granted, the porsches they tune have a love it or hate it look to it and no two are alike.

Step one Primer:

Step 2 Paint/clearcoat:
NOTE that the hood is not closed all the way because clear coat needs more drying time and it'll look better when the car is washed and not full of dirt.

The front mid-section could use some more smoothing over because it's actually a little rough but I'm not fretting over the details. This car isn't going to Sema, only track-tossing. I hate perfection, I think "flaws" give a car character. (obvioulsy if it's a rusting over hunk a junk, calling that character is a stretch). It's a 2.2, not exactly screaming race car but the engine will receive it's overhaul by next summer. Looking at blueprinting it with forged pistons and a small turbo that spools quick for low end power mated with an LSD. Not going crazy or anything, just small things that work.

Amateur

Post by Amateur »

The car is about 90% done, i just need to put on the headlight covers and some mounting brackets so I don't have to use screws in the inner bezel.

SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

I give u props for doing something different but sorry man that looks like ass and COMPLETELY looks like a Saturn from the front. And tbh the bodywork looks awful. Not trying to be an ass , that's just my honest opinion........ take it as you will.

NMBeretta

Post by NMBeretta »

I hate to say it but I agree with SGR.

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

From what I understood from his earlier posts, this is going to be a rally car. I don't think it will matter from that perspective.... Sometimes different is good. lol

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Amateur

Post by Amateur »

Damn Amateur, you're ride looks like straight ass. better luck next time with the epic fail of yours dude!

it's just a non daily driver, weekend auto-x racer for my free time gents. body work leaves something to be desired but I'm not fretting over the details. could it be better, yes, could it be worse, yes, is it decent for a 23 yr old who's never worked with bondo or fiberglass in my life, i'd say so. At the least I got some valuable experience with the stuff and the beretta gave me something to build on it. In the end, if you hate it, then post your honest criticism and i'll take it with a grain a salt. honestly, call me crazy but I love that the car has a "kit car" look to it where nothing seems to line up quite right.

The whole looks like a saturn, well I would suppose it would have some kind of resemblance in silhouette since I did use an SC1 front clip. Of course if you put a saturn next to it, any decent car guy could tell the two apart because the difference in profile is night and day. Besides I think saturns actually are decent looking cars. not beige but their performance and quality to imports wasn't all there.

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Theres something stuck between your tire and your fender. MASSIVE WHEEL GAP