1996 Mr.Pink

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Cute is one thing but will they put up with your beretta addiction? Mines the best of both worlds, just ask Pat aka Traveler he keeps trying to steal Amy. LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Alpinestar10

Post by Alpinestar10 »

All of those chicks are to hot for berettas haha, But jon you could always go with a manual rack no power steering leak anymore lol

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

He has a point. PS is really only needed at low speeds anyway. And yours isn't built to go that slow. LOL

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Piss on that. These cars are front heavy and it would make manual steering suck! Leaks are one of the things that drive me nuts.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Drove mine with no PS for half a year. Wasn't a problem at all unless you were going like 2 miles an hour. But its better to have it fixed. If he can tie up the leak. lol

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Alpinestar10

Post by Alpinestar10 »

woody90gtz wrote:Piss on that. These cars are front heavy and it would make manual steering suck! Leaks are one of the things that drive me nuts.
DTMAce wrote:Drove mine with no PS for half a year. Wasn't a problem at all unless you were going like 2 miles an hour. But its better to have it fixed. If he can tie up the leak. lol
Oh trust me driving a car with a true manual rack is different then one with a bad power rack

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I bet it is but my whole objective with this car is to roll 12's and still have every luxury that came on the car. And these are just stupid leaks. If this doesn't work this time I'm just going to buy a Delco reman one with tank for $60

I have the same pump in there I'm just using a stock tank from the pump that was on the red car, seemed to fit better.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

3X00-Modified wrote:I bet it is but my whole objective with this car is to roll 12's and still have every luxury that came on the car.

I deleted my a/c... big mistake..

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Well the PS leak has finally stopped... I think that's the last time I ever try a replacement tank. F-that.

Averaged 20.2mpg last tank... LOL I wasn't very nice to it lately but hey I was trying to find weaknesses...

Everything else has been fine but the clunk is still there, Doesn't seem nearly as loud as it was before and I do know the dogbone bolts were looser than what they are now so that's still got me wondering. I'm also trying to source factory brackets for the sway bar and see if I can get those back on and scrap the ES custom ones. I doubt it's coming from that but who knows!

I could also just disconnect the sway bar and go for a ride and see if the noise is gone.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

Dont you have a Go Pro? You could just mount it to the car and see if you can record it?

Cliff Scott
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

Slinky wrote:
3X00-Modified wrote:I bet it is but my whole objective with this car is to roll 12's and still have every luxury that came on the car.

I deleted my a/c... big mistake..
I feel your pain somedays.

Travelor
Global Moderator

Post by Travelor »

3X00-Modified wrote:Cute is one thing but will they put up with your beretta addiction? Mines the best of both worlds, just ask Pat aka Traveler he keeps trying to steal Amy. LOL

1988 GTU
1990 GTZ
Beretta Preservation Society Chairman

"Have you painted your car in a parking lot today?"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I guess I should clear up some information that's been posted, I'd rather post the explanations in this thread than whore up others.

The car did just fine going out to Colorado and back and didn't give me many problems. The only issue I noticed as soon as we arrived was either a noisy valve train, OR loud trans pump... Still not sure which it is yet.

The only issue other than that which actually made me stop for a little while was the climb up Mt Evans... The first stretch of road we were at constant throttle, 3500-4k RPM and apparently that super heated my gas tank due to the metal tank having no heat shield like the plastic one and it pressurized my fuel tank which then was spewing fuel out the filler cap when I would turn left... Fun for the guy behind me to watch... LOL Removed the cap at the base and let the pressure out, and left the cap off for the rest of the trip up. After returning to the hotel me and Geoff returned his axle he couldn't use and I picked up some adhesive heat wrap and some exhaust pipe wrap... I only put the adhesive shield on the tank for now and that seemed to help for the rest of the trip, never had another issue with it, even on the ride home it was fine.

Now back to the first issue of the noise.... The only other related problem that I can possibly see is a HUGE spike in my fuel pressure... It went from driving at 53-55 to 64 at WOT... to being 65psi at idle and climbing to 67 at WOT and only dropping to 56 if I let off the gas and it's engine braking... So there has to be some sort of vac leak somewhere causing the high fuel pressure which could also be causing excess trans pressure resulting in the noise I was hearing...

Once I get done with Kyle's trans then I may have time to dig into it... for now it will just have to wait.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

SO... out of all things... Its the wonderful TCE DRTC... Stretched the chain out like a mother fucker... What gives? I need to call him and find out what the hell is up with this chain... Seems way tight on installation then turns into this after 5k miles...

Side by side to the second setup I bought

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

WTF - that sucks Jon.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS