1996 Mr.Pink

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I guess I should update this...

Well I haven't done anything since Bfest really... LOL

BUT projects in the works as seen in the Koni thread.

Bushings I'm having made to take up the extra space since these are meant for the smaller J-body strut... Much better than using exhaust tubing as some have.

For those who don't know, there are three points on the tube of the strut at the top that are used to center it (I'll get pics of it)... that's why there is a large gap between the tube and the bushing in that last photo.

This crap is getting serious...

Front J-body Inserts waiting for the struts to dry, and Koni Adjustable Saab 900 Rear shocks. Waiting for me to ream the upper mounts and also get my $9 shocks from Rock auto to steal the lower brackets from. I hope to have all of this installed by this weekend since I'm going to Epping for Chevy Fest again. I want to test the new trans clutches, new torque converter, and now the new stiffer rebound suspension. I will also be putting in more spring rubbers in the rear to try and lessen squat more... but I'll only do that if I still notice a lot after adjusting the shocks.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

That yellow looks like a spot on match to the inserts - nice.

Did you have those bushings turned down on a lathe - or CNC'd?

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Hand made on a lathe, and they are unique to left and right

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Don't buy cheap Monroe upper insulators...

The last coil bent the plastic part and cut the rubber insulators, I went back to the factory ones I still had.

Insert in the housing.

Test fitted the rear, end up with 2" of shock travel vs the old 3" not sure yet if the springs bottom out before the shocks but I think they will.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Mmmmmm...adjustability. I'm not feeling the yellow though! haha

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I painted them yellow to be obnoxious and so if someone looks under there you can see they are Koni's without a doubt... Who knows, if they are too loud I may pull them and re-do them black over the winter.

Found a new shock that fits the rear better compression length wise... I think I'll wait before I pull the trigger on another $265... Maybe a winter project since I need to re-design the lower bracket to work.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Are you still using your eibachs?

If not, ditch those beretta upper mounts... There no good. Or try to find the stock diameter of e36 springs. Those mounts are cheap and use a real bearing. Unfortunatly I scrapped my stock springs or I could of helped.

Looking good. Love the custom bushings.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yeah still using the same springs, don't want to get into changing that yet and I've never had issues with the stock upper mount parts... Only this Monroe spring insulator so I just swapped it out for the stock one again. All is good now, car is a completely different machine... Even on fully "soft"

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Nice! Looks good man.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Everything is all in... Car rides completely different... I will say though, do not get the Saab rear shocks. I will be changing these for the new Thunderbird application I found and making new lower brackets to fit. These shocks bottom out exactly at the same time the bump stops do, so if the bumps flex any your just bottoming out the shock completely which is a bad thing, plus the whole thing with the springs falling out from having so much droop.

I will post pics of the new mount I'm making to do those when I recover from these costs and buy another set of rear shocks....

I hope to update this thread tomorrow with some times but the weather isn't looking promising.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

i hope to see you get better times as its been a while since your have attempted. i was hoping to go to the track today myself but rain had the track call it off so i may try sunday as i want to see if i can beat the previous owners time of 14.43 in my car

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

12.78@108 was my best so far... Not the best non stressful conditions to get times either. Had some issues in the beginning that made me miss two runs and have too much on my mind. Next year I will be getting a delay timer because my biggest variation is WHEN I engage the nitrous... I need something more consistant.

Someone else is coming up tomorrow and swinging by my cousins in the morning to get me another bottle since after 5 sprayed runs I think I'm running low.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

Not to bad at all jon.Sorry again i couldn't make it this weekend.I really did want to go.
I would be happy if i have one more chance to race this year.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

12.660@108 was my best the next day and that was at a grand total of 3215 for weight... Yikes...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

well u beat your old time by 1/100 of second. time to figure out some weight saving ideas. how was your wheel spin??? may want to consider slicks for next yr instead of drag radials, it may get you deeper in the 12s