1996 Mr.Pink

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Post by 3X00-Modified »

The tire is not the issue, its more the weight transfer still. I had some wheel spin but no where near as bad as with the BFGoodrich tires. I highly doubt slicks would make any difference and I will never find a slick that will fit my rim and width... its a near impossible feat with the brakes I have.

Another option is to get a progressive system... I think that would help even more. Since I have no wheel spin N/A, so if it wasn't a sudden extra 100HP it would work much better. I also noticed I have an issue with the Nitrous beating the fuel to the engine and I get some KR as soon as it's engaged... This would also be less of an issue with a progressive setup as well as I need to make my fuel feed line shorter to the Nitrous solenoid and clear of heat so it does't vapor lock itself. I think that's what's happening so when I purge the Nitrous line the fuel like has some built up vapor in it from evaporation due to heat and I get a slight lean spot.

I was able to get 14.10 for a n/a time as well which is nice since my best time with these brakes before was 14.3

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

another option is to go with the forced induction that you been tempted to do as it may be easier to deal with it sounds like and no running out lol. i know you like to match up and make your car look good at the track but even doin a 15" wheel with slicks. im not sure as i havent seen you run your car since bfest in toronto and your car was 2 tone then.

i wasnt able to go to the track this past friday but im goin to go this wkd whether its saturday or sunday weather pending i really want to see if i can beat 14.4 in my car before i get ported heads & lim with 3500 uim and lx5 tb installed on my car

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It's not a matter of matching up, I have a 16" rim on the front and a 17" on the rear, the fronts are also silver... I just invested $400 in these tires and I highly doubt dropping another 600+ on slicks would make any bit of difference. I also can not run anything smaller in diameter because then wheel spin becomes even MORE of an issue since you just changed the gear ratio. I need something that is 24.9 or 25" OD on the tire. Finding a slick that fits that spec is not easy.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Congrats & nice time Jon!

Only if my mph was reflective to my time I'd be happier. Oh well.

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Well the reason for that is you have that slower spool up to deal with which results in a non linear power gain... Mine is linear since the Nitrous level doesn't change, at least not yet... LOL If I do go progressive I may end up starting with around a 75 shot off the line and progressing up to a 150 :)

I'll get some slips up tomorrow... I think I got a 1.89 for a 60' too... 2.0's with it n/a

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

Im just going with the M&T slicks.They are the same as a stock tire almost and i can still trap holding third gear.You'll never be done jon.Once you get 12's you want 11's=)

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

It does sound like u getting pretty decent traction if your pulling 60' like that. N last I knew u had matching rims with drag radial and thought u had 17s all around. But must say you done awesome work to get where your at and hopefully u can get 11s but I think you'll need to cage ur car for that if im not mistaken unsure of the rules

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Robert 89gt wrote:Im just going with the M&T slicks.They are the same as a stock tire almost and i can still trap holding third gear.You'll never be done jon.Once you get 12's you want 11's=)
Don't even say I'll never be done... You didn't even give your setup a chance at 13's and you wanted to change it already.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

MY91GT(Z) wrote:It does sound like u getting pretty decent traction if your pulling 60' like that. N last I knew u had matching rims with drag radial and thought u had 17s all around. But must say you done awesome work to get where your at and hopefully u can get 11s but I think you'll need to cage ur car for that if im not mistaken unsure of the rules
I got new DR's for this year 16" Hoosier's and they still do spin almost through 1st gear, so it makes you wonder would dropping a 1/2" diameter and going with a slick give me enough traction to over rule the now even lower gear ratio that would promote even more wheel spin? Not a gamble I want to take.

Another option I always have is to go to a different final drive ratio, like what I ran in Niagara the 3.42 vs the 3.69 and maybe that would help reduce some wheel spin but I don't know what it would do to my overall time.

NHRA rules say at 11.49 you need a cage, so I have plenty of time to shave off before that's an issue.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

3X00-Modified wrote:Well the reason for that is you have that slower spool up to deal with which results in a non linear power gain... Mine is linear since the Nitrous level doesn't change, at least not yet... LOL If I do go progressive I may end up starting with around a 75 shot off the line and progressing up to a 150 :)

I'll get some slips up tomorrow... I think I got a 1.89 for a 60' too... 2.0's with it n/a
I'll be addressing all the spooling and suspension travel next year... traction I kinda am not going to care much about anymore being fwd and all. Ill reinvest allthe money I could be dumping into that into another engine/Turbo combo. :D

_________
-------------
Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

3X00-Modified wrote:
Robert 89gt wrote:Im just going with the M&T slicks.They are the same as a stock tire almost and i can still trap holding third gear.You'll never be done jon.Once you get 12's you want 11's=)
Don't even say I'll never be done... You didn't even give your setup a chance at 13's and you wanted to change it already.
I meant that once you have reached a goal.It's not long after you already want it faster.lol
Don't take what i say out of context=)

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I guess I could add something to this, quick and dirty pipe cleaner proposed nitrous lines...

Still need to do some test bends to see what I can make work.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

HAHA

The new "ricer" look! :P

Nice idea Jon. Looks like an easy way to plan the routing.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

People have used everything from pipe cleaners to just copper wire to get a path idea in mind... I may switch to the copper wire and actually bend it in the pipe bender I have since that will give me a more real world idea of how the tube will bend... I can't get the bends as sharp as I have illustrated with the pipe cleaners so that will give me some trouble at the nozzle end of things.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

So what is your plan on the ICM/coils?

keep'em flying!