1996 Mr.Pink

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
13's or bust

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Post by 13's or bust »

any updates on pinky?

"Berettas are like a sickness...and it's incurable." quoted from woody90gtz

96 z26, 3500 swap, currently awaiting Holset HX35 :) ,also 96 beretta, 3400 swap, rebuilt trans, 15.2 choked up with 3100 older uim & lim.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Haven't touched it in a week or so, been busy with other stuff and very sick today. Maybe ill get the rack all in this weekend and possibly start on the heater core swap.

I did order all the tierods and such and new coolant hoses for the heater core, I also have a guy at work making a jig to drill and tap the exhaust stud bolt holes on the heads.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
13's or bust

Post by 13's or bust »

dang that sucks, i got viral bug also. it sucks, im so close to getting my motor im ordering all the little things first, wicked is welding up my bracket stoked.

96 z26, 3500 swap, currently awaiting Holset HX35 :) ,also 96 beretta, 3400 swap, rebuilt trans, 15.2 choked up with 3100 older uim & lim.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I just got my box of parts today, tierods, hoses, bushings and blower motor. Maybe ill go put some of that in tomorrow if I feel a bit better. Still waiting on the jig to do my head threads. And I need to order a 2" v band clamp for the headers.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
13's or bust

Post by 13's or bust »

did you do energy suspension?

what happen with your heads? broke off some studs? or stripped them?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I finally got to work on it this weekend... After way to long of being sick...

I finished up all the power steering lines, replaced all the rubber lines on the low pressure side with new rubber and used Fuel Injection Clamps to hold them together vs the spring clamps down by where the cooler is. Also replaced the High pressure line with the one from the red car that wasn't leaking. I built the tie rods with the new Raybestos Inners, and outers and installed them, They feel much tighter already and I think that was part of my vibration/noises in the front end.

I also pulled my heater core and replaced that. I must have got a friday afternoon car, because anyone who's done a heater core knows that you remove the vent system that sends air to the back floor area, and then you remove the heater box cover and then you can take the core down and out.... well the plastic piece that the core is attached to, they didn't screw that to the rest of the box... So here I was trying to get the cover out and the whole core and plastic separator kept falling out. Once I finally got it all out I looked up at the box and the three holes that should have been used to screw that part in didn't even have any threads in it, they just totally forgot to attach it.

All thats back in, I just need to re-install the cover part, and the vent director... When your sick laying upside down is NOT a comfortable position... you get queasy really easy.

Once I finished messing with that I decided to take apart the trans... So far everything is looking good... I was not happy with how the 4th gear plates and clutches wore in... I'm not sure if it was due to some debris that was left in there after I lunched the input pack, but there were some precise hot spots on the 4th plates and corresponding dark circles on the clutch plates. This cold also be due to the plates not being 100% smooth. So since I have 80% of a clutch setup I'm going to use the 4th frictions from that to replace these as well as a set of 4th plates from the factory setup that look like they wore in nice and flat. I also found a few dark marks on 2 or 3 of the disc's on the 2nd pack, not all of them but just a few. The steel plates don't show any discoloration or hot spots so I'm almost wondering if it may just be due to some friction material discoloring the red discs... But either way I'm just going to swap out that pack for the one I have. Third and the Input pack look 100% perfect, and to be honest I was worried about the input pack slipping so to see that in perfect condition it makes me feel good. The 4th gear I could care less about, and the 2nd gear if it was due to slip that could be from the shift being too delayed... I may have to quicken that up some. But for a 4t60e running a 12'sec 1/4 I'm quite impressed with how the insides look.

Also got my jig's to do the threads on the heads... For those asking... The threads for the headers are starting to get really loose... I have yet to strip one, but they are close. So its time to Helicoil them so I don't have to worry anymore.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

looks good

i wish my inner tie rods looked like that. i think mine go inline with the rack, at least when i was checking it that's how it looked. they got a boot on them like the axles.

reminds me i should order that outer tie rod for the right side then the left side will get done in a month. not like i'm driving it still need a sticker for that.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
13's or bust

Post by 13's or bust »

pinky looks good lol. cant wait to see it in indy.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

I like where this thread is going. :D

_________
-------------
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Very nice! Pro work there!

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I love the small starters...

Rebuilt the one from red car and painted it up... Finally going in pinky. I also pulled the AC compressor because I was thinking of using that but seeing its condition I may not and may try to figure out where my oil leak is on my current one and possibly repair it rather than replace it since they are so damn expensive.

I also drilled and helicoiled every hole for the exhaust headers, so those are good to go now, new m8x1.25 threads. I just need to order my V-band clamp and get my headers sand blasted then fix the cross over and then I think the motor is done... Also just need to take the 2nd drum over to my cousins place and have him tig weld it where it should be for reinforcement then I can rebuild the trans.

Not a lot, but some progress thats for sure.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

One of the studs on my 95Z starter broke when I took off the sol engage wire, so I'm in the market for a new one. Is yours OEM or a parts store replacement? I've heard lots of issues with the replacement ones.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Mine was a store one that I got probably back in 02 or something like that... got it from my uncles and got it cheap because the solenoid had to be replaced. He even included a new solenoid; it got damaged in shipping or something. So yeah that's been in my red car forever almost... lol so I can't back up those complaints. Still works after tearing it apart, I tested it once it was together.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

sorry if you've already mentioned it, but from what is that starter from??

Haskin

Post by Haskin »

Looks like it's coming along nicely!