Nukkinfuttz Turbo GTZ

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Barry
Global Moderator

Re: Nukkinfuttz Turbo GTZ

Post by Barry »

BUT theres some obvious down sides compared to OEM tuning systems, theres no good base maps to start from, its a lot of extra thinking to use evap and egr, stuff like that. You can do it all but I just dont have the time to satisfy the tree huggers.

nukkinfuttz

Post by nukkinfuttz »

you should check out the tunerstudios new package. I purchased the pay version that comes with their own special "autotune" controller. it is so easy, set up your AFR target table, and then just drive, it does the rest, on the fly, live. no taking datalogs and then updating your tune from those, no, this is real-time! you can be going down the 1/4mi and getting your tune updated and corrected live! very accurate, very easy, I recommend it to anyone.

mickaz

Post by mickaz »

very interesting!! how much is the MS setup?

Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner
nukkinfuttz

Post by nukkinfuttz »

it varies according to how you want to build your system. Check out http://www.diyautotune.com for all of the kits and raw materials you would need to build a system of your own.

I use a MS1 V2.2 with upgraded firmware to MS1-Extra code. The upgraded firmware allows megasquirt to control both your fuel injectors AND your ignition system. Without the firmware upgrade, megasquirt is only capable of controlling your fuel injection NOT the ignition. the firmware upgrades is free, you just have to do it yourself, and its no big deal. Unassembled kit is 150.00 and assembled is 200.00 if i recal correctly

The MS2 is a more powerful processor and it can do more stuff and do it more precisely, but I dont see the need for it on our cars. but you can if you want. My friend with the DSM is using a MS2 kit and the 3.0 board becuase he just wanted the best of the best at the time. Again, I dont think it was nessesary, but he swears by it.

you will need a wideband kit, check out the Innovate LC1, again, its awsome and the price is right. 199.99

Megatune software interface for your laptop is FREE
TunerStudio basic version software interface for your laptop is free.

Tunerstudio can be upgraded for 45.00 to unlock its autotuning feature. You can look into tuner studio at http://www.efianalytics.com

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

I paid 150 for my beretta MS assembled a few years ago. Used

Im getting another MSI for 75, unbuilt I think.

45 bucks for that tunerstudio package is a deal. I have been very happy with megalog but that sounds like a awesome program.

I love it

nukkinfuttz

Post by nukkinfuttz »

Well, i got a small block of time tonight that allowed me to make my next move a little early... go from 10 PSI to 15PSI. I made the change and did 4 test drives to dial it in. I made 412WHP on this setting! Unfortunately, Im finding the limits of my gas tank, when I used to have less than 1/4 tank, i would go lean during WOT pulls. Now that I have much more power, I just ran into that same thing, but I have 1/2 a tank! Im gonna have to make sure I have 3/4 or more from now on with these new power levels, jeez. I'll also look into adding a fuel bucket like a new model, as long as it can flow the 255LPH my pump pulls and doesnt become a restriction. Or maybe find a baffled tank from a SCX maybe if im super lucky.

Anyways, here is 15PSI, next weekend I'll bump it upto 20 and shoot for 500 at the wheels. :D
Last edited by nukkinfuttz on Mon May 16, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nukkinfuttz

Post by nukkinfuttz »

Oh, in case you question how this number is derived, I plug in some variables to MegaLogviewer, and it looks at the rate of change of RPM vs what it knows about my cars wieght, tire OD and gear ratios. It can mathmatically determine HP required to move a known wieght like that. I weighted my car with me in it at work on a tractor trailer truck scale, and it weighed 3000 exactly with me in it.

How cool is that? When you run Megasquirt, you are also in control of your own personal inertia dyno that goes with you everywhere! no more paying 75.00 per hour to get on the local shops dyno and try to move a fixed wieght that is not anywhere close to the wieght your engine normally pushes around. Thats why they say when you tune on a dyno, the optimal settings that make good HP on a dyno are different than when you drive the car on the street. Its close, but no cigar. Megasquirt nails it becuase its YOUR CARS WIEGHT being used for the calculation. way cool.

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Good stuff! Do you trust the autotune to change your high load high boost areas?

The calculator should get you close assuming your on a flat road with NO clutch slip or tire spin.

nukkinfuttz

Post by nukkinfuttz »

Yes autotune is currently tuning my high load area's. I have full confidence it can do it faster and better than I could ever do.

I won't have any clutch slip. But I could get wheel spin and then the calculator will display erroneous information. But that's pretty easy to spot... When ur tires break loose, your RPM spikes up abnormally high too. So if you see something other than a smooth RPM trend line, you can assume the HP reading will not be accurate.

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

this is good sh*t!! I might have to look into that once I get some kind of build going. Would something like this work with OBD-I vehicles or only OBD-II or only with MegaSquirt? sorry, tuning newb.

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

It will work with every car

nukkinfuttz

Post by nukkinfuttz »

I just now realized I posted the wrong link above. instead of posting www.efianalytics.com , that should have been www.tunerstudio.com instead. Check that one out. my bad.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

nukkinfuttz wrote:Well, i got a small block of time tonight that allowed me to make my next move a little early... go from 10 PSI to 15PSI. I made the change and did 4 test drives to dial it in. I made 412WHP on this setting! Unfortunately, Im finding the limits of my gas tank, when I used to have less than 1/4 tank, i would go lean during WOT pulls. Now that I have much more power, I just ran into that same thing, but I have 1/2 a tank! Im gonna have to make sure I have 3/4 or more from now on with these new power levels, jeez. I'll also look into adding a fuel bucket like a new model, as long as it can flow the 255LPH my pump pulls and doesnt become a restriction. Or maybe find a baffled tank from a SCX maybe if im super lucky.

Anyways, here is 15PSI, next weekend I'll bump it upto 20 and shoot for 500 at the wheels. :D
That sounds more like your starving the pump some other way, Or the lines cant flow enough to the injectors. I'm still using my stock tank because the newer OEM metal tanks came with baffles and chambers in it... The stock replacement from what I remember in the red car only had a dish at the bottom where the pump goes.

I have something similar to that HP deal for my Subaru, I wonder what it says I have now... :)

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
nukkinfuttz

Post by nukkinfuttz »

I'm certain its the tank level, I've experienced it many times. And just as soon as I fill the tank the problem goes away.
But when I first installed the walbro pump, I opened my return line and pumped into a 1 gallon container. I forced the pump on and then timed how long it took to fill the 1 gallon. Using this method, I was able to determine my entire factory fuel transfer system will flow at. Least 70gph. The lines, the regulator, the rail and filter.

I have actually swapped in a newer tank from a 95 pontiac grand am, that tank had the fuel bucket setup, but that fuel buckets inlet valves were found to be a restriction at 40 gallons per hour. I had to cut the bottom of the bucket off so I could get proper supply to the pump. Unfortunately in doing so I have to rely soley on tank level now, and that is highly succeptable to G forces.

The stock fuel pump flows about 25-27 gallons per hour

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

sounds similar to what I had to do...

Its getting near that time to install a bottom feed rear tank pickup and in-line fuel pump to eliminate the limitations of this setup.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"