Nukkinfuttz Turbo GTZ

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
1988GTU

Re: Nukkinfuttz Turbo GTZ

Post by 1988GTU »

3X00-Modified wrote:I'll be running 20PSI on my Subaru soon too... I doubt those are forged... But the biggest difference is what is your starting compression?
IIRC his compression is pretty low, 8.5?

_________
-------------
nukkinfuttz

Post by nukkinfuttz »

Yeah 8.5:1
And I'm not really into the whole high rpm thing. My rev limits are at 7200, but I don't ever hit them, they are more like a failsafe. I typically shift at 6800.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

For ROSS that must be too much expectation going off from other ROSS supplied pistons that experienced similar rev's.

_________
-------------
nukkinfuttz

Post by nukkinfuttz »

So, I got ahold of a junk yard HO quad. I went thru it to check its health, all seemed good. The only thing I did was put my ARP head studs in it. Here is a video from tonight making a flyby at 18 PSI on a stock HO motor! hahahahah
http://www.youtube.com/user/EPAnightmar ... iN26AG_u2w

Lets say I got skooled in the art of ignition tuning, and now Im testing my skillz out on this JY motor. I will continue to push the boost even higher in the coming weeks, and if i blow it up, hey, it was just a 200.00 JY motor, who cares? But I think we are in for some suprizes about just how much these things can handle. :D

ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

what made you not just get a LD2 motor?

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

HO was prolly just right there and the HO cams are better suited for boost than the LO cams. Im curious to see what that motor will withstand. How many miles are on that motor your using?

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
nukkinfuttz

Post by nukkinfuttz »

That's right, it was the only thing available. It had 130k miles on the odo. And that's right, ho cams only have 3 degrees of overlap, so that makes then ideal for boost.

nukkinfuttz

Post by nukkinfuttz »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rhf5nQm ... r_embedded
in car vid of a few blasts. Notice the last one goes from a stand still to top of 3rd (or about 100mph) in around 10 seconds. Of course thats not an official time, or an official speed, or an official anything, but it does give you an idea about whats going on here. :) again, stock motor.

DOHC_tuner

Post by DOHC_tuner »

I love what you are doing. Testing the capabilities of a stock motor. Learning its true weak points first hand. Teach me ur obd1 tuning skillz!

Why go with lo quad when u can go big with LG0

Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

Yeah cool car how much boost do you use on the street?
Not a quad guy but looks like a cool setup=)

nukkinfuttz

Post by nukkinfuttz »

Hey, long time no post... I ordered up a set of those cool new Wiseco forged pistons with the small skirts and rebuilt my motor... again. I also switched over to MS2. With MS2 I am able to use the stock reluctor wheel on the crankshaft and no longer have to use that bothersome external trigger wheel that kept giving me problems. Motor has been together for about a year now, running 18 PSI. that seems to be the limit of my fuel pump. I just heard that Walbro came out with a 400LPH intank pump, so Im about to order that thing up and get it installed before the track opens here in March. With that new pump, I will be able to support 30PSI... and you know Im not scared to attempt it. :) Cant wait. I also swapped to a Spec Stage 3 6 puck clutch because I was blowing thru the Stage 2 unit. I threw on a Pyro sensor and "KnockSence" so I can protect my investment better this time around. added a 3" core Griffen Radiator with twin 10" fans to keep it cool. Good stuff :)

I also plan to make it to the BerettaBash this year, so Im trying to find a good front bumper and then get my car repainted before show time. I'll see ya'll there!

latest eye candy...

Slinky

Post by Slinky »

What was your track time at 18psi? Did you ever make it there?

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
nukkinfuttz

Post by nukkinfuttz »

its been mid 13's so far, which is not all that. But Ive been working thru significant issues each pass. I recently switched out to the stock reluctor wheel, to give me more reliable triggering, but that required me to totally remap my entire spark table. While in the process of doing that, I had a coolant hose rupture... stuff like that keeps dawgin me. at any rate, I recently install Launch Control (or anti-lag as you might call it) which allows me to rev up to 6k and hold with the pedal to the floor. Then it starts dropping spark at certain intervals, yet gets the turbo spooled up. This all means I can build boost and launch with 10PSI right out of the hole. With this system and drag slicks Ive been able to get my 60' down to 1.89s. This same system also allows me to "flat shift" so I don't have to take my foot off the gas, and it will drop the RPMs back to 4K or whatever I choose to keep the turbo spooled while Im shifting. I have yet to attempt that, it will take some unlearning in my mind. lol Im running 108mph. I strongly believe with a few more clean runs when the track opens again, I'll have a 12 second pass under my belt.

After that, the walbro 400lph pump upgrade should let me get that boost up another 10PSI, which just might send me into the 11's. That's my hope anyways.

themixer

Post by themixer »

wow and all i want to do is make my car run stock with a 3400. this build looks crazy!

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Where didnu end up.ordering the radiator from