The Red '96 Z26 (78K Miles)

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
2.2H8TA

Re: 96' Z26

Post by 2.2H8TA »

This one seems really old, and all the markings on the buttons are wore off, I can't for the life of me figure out how to set presets. LOL. I'll be gettin' a new system for it in some time.

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

So heres an update... TRUE 60K CAR! Bad cluster :( . Runnin' great, got a new cluster with about 7k more miles on it from rettagurl. So we didn't swap em yet, we know we drive 800-1000 mi. a month, so when we see fit, it will get swapped as accurately as possible. Steering rack is weak, needs rotors. Summer 11' is the summer of Beretta perfection for us. We have connections with the best body shop in our area now, because of how the car looks. He came to us! He's done work on our previous car. So summer project. We hope to have everything done by NE, but we have LARGE plans. I need info on rear disc brake conversions, and we may have something up our sleeves with the rear suspension, from being newer GM owners at one point. Also can't forget PAINT! Overall.. it's a very pleasurable drive, and it'll only get better. This Z26 is getting every cent of my $'s, and it's not even mine! HAHAHAHA! What can I say, my dads the man when it comes to these things, he always keeps me intrested to say the least. More pics comin' this week, I promise, I'm currently chyinta' find a nice backdrop around here. Feedback is always welcome, obviously... Have fun at B'fest folks!
Last edited by 2.2H8TA on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

So it's now in the shop! It will be getting a BRAND NEW steering rack, and the LIMG replaced. Brakes are a non issue at this time, they are still in working condition. This work is getting done for inspection, the rack at least. The intake gasket is leaking a bit, so to prevent any problems down the road, thats getting done too.

1994 AQUA ZED
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Cool. So a pic when it's done?

keep'em flying!
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Sure thing man, when I get it back, I'm gonna give it a good wash and wax, then some better pictures will be up. Should be Tuesday.
Money pit Beretta wrote:Cool. So a pic when it's done?

1994 AQUA ZED
Money pit Beretta

Sounds good.

keep'em flying!
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Ok, got it back Monday. It's got a new steering rack, and the intake gasket was done too. Also fresh inspection, and emissions. Now we have some other crap we gotta do, and sorry no pics yet. So the list continues as follows... The guy who inspected it didn't like the brakes, so we need new rotors, and a wheel cylinder. Also, from the rack leaking, there is now some nasty crap that cycled itself through the power steering pump, so that needs to be replaced. When they pulled one of the front wheels, two of the damn wheel studs broke. It's now in need of a tune up. That is one of the reasons why we had that idle issue, as it still happens a little bit once and a while, damn thing stalled on the start up today. Now we have to sell the 95' base for scrap so we can get some more money to put into the Z. We'll get between $300-$350 for it, depending on where it goes, so if anyone around here wants it for parts, let me know in a PM, and we can work something out. It's gotta go ASAP.

1994 AQUA ZED
13's or bust

Post by 13's or bust »

ill take the carpet stays out of the 95 base if theyre in good condition? shipped to 46323, ohh and the door handles too..

"Berettas are like a sickness...and it's incurable." quoted from woody90gtz

96 z26, 3500 swap, currently awaiting Holset HX35 :) ,also 96 beretta, 3400 swap, rebuilt trans, 15.2 choked up with 3100 older uim & lim.
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

PM sent, and I can't part it, just don't have the time. It's gotta go whole. It's a complete car, just not driveable, and I have no clue if it'll run, if it does, it'll need some serious work, like a rebuild. The headgaskets are most likely toast, we put some stop leak in it, and it ran like crap ever sense. Hasn't been ran in over a year, and it needs a brake line. Just to let everyone know. All body panels are straight, exept the drivers door, and thats really not that bad either. If anyones intrested, PM me, and I'll send pics if you want too. Gonna be scrapped VERY SOON, so jump on it quick if you want it. I know there really aren't many people on here in this area, so I'm not really expectin' anyone to want it, but I figured I'd try, and help someone in need of a COMPLETE parts car.

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

The base is GONE! Sooo sad.

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Sold the base today, took the bra, and put it on the Z26, along with the headlight covers. Still need to install the vent shades, but heres a link to some more pictures, and sorry I'm not a pro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/63315008@N02/?saved=1

1994 AQUA ZED
Money pit Beretta

Now I remember both cars. Sorry to hear that the base is gone. Damn the jerks getting out of the back seat doing that to the door panels! Someone did that to mine before I bought it. The dash is much better than mine. Hope you can find a way to get that dent out.
Thanks for the pics!

keep'em flying!
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Got new brakes now. Front rotors and pads, rear shoes and cylinders. Also got the new power steering pump. This thing just keeps gettin' better an better. A tune up, then the new suspension setup! Still considering options, throw some at me, I wanna lower it a little bit, so I can straighten out the ride hight.
Last edited by 2.2H8TA on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

1994 AQUA ZED
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Just because I noticed it at last fest, but our cars actually lower themselves a bit when at high speeds.... I was looking at pics of my Z when we were rolling along I-69 at 70 or so and it sits lower... Thought it was cool actually.

I know many have lowered their beretta's 1-3 inches... Some have gone further, but I think 1-3 is the norm.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

I like how they look with just the wheel gap gone. Iirc the eibachs give about 1.2 in the front, and 1 in the rear. In my opinion this looks the best. Unless you're going for a different look. My preference is a performance stance, not a lowrider. :D

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW