The Red '96 Z26 (78K Miles)

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
2.2H8TA

Re: 96' Z26

Post by 2.2H8TA »

That 1.2 in the fron, and 1 in the back sounds like about what I'd be lookin for. Eibachs are best?

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Brake light came on when my dad was drivin' today, on the highway at about 65 passin' a truck. It's ok though, they didn't fail. It's leaking fluid, on the rear drivers side. He put more fluid in, made it home. The mechanic just came and took it. SCARY! Not cool, I better not have to pay for his stupid mistake, whatever it was. I'm just glad they didn't fail, but still. Not cool at all.

1994 AQUA ZED
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Was going to say, didn't you just get those replaced?

All I did was take my boys to day care and back in the Z. Tomorrow I go to Pancake Bay about an hour north of the Sault here in Ontario... Yay.

And it got POUNDED twice this evening with hard rain. Yay again.. At least I don't have as much dirt to wash off. haha

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Rainin' like a motha here too haha. Cars back, was a line, he did it for free cause he didn't catch it when he did the brakes. WOW!

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Got new plugs and wires in it today. Last night I was on my way out, and when I started it, it was REALLY rough. It started right up, but about 30 sec. later it started losing power, and getting it back. It was doin' it really fast for about 15 sec. or so, and then it stalled. Right before it stalled I could hear the fuel pump (I think) tickin' away real fast. I started it back up, and it was fine. It was sitting all day, and we got almost 4 in. of rain yesterday. It only used to do that on the cold start, once it got warmed up, start ups were fine. Now it should be good, runs real smooth on start up now, and just in general. I'm happy! :Yahoo!:

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Threw me a damn low coolant light. Gonna top it off, it better not be leakin'. As soon as I get happy, I get shot down. LOL

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

I had a rant written up, but the beretta board god didn't want it posted I guess. HAhaha.
Intake problem, yes it was just done, pics and an explanation to come. Stay tuned.... For a dumb mistake by a certified GM Tech! Makin' good money to fugh up the most common job on 3100's and 3400's. SOOO PIZZED!!!!!

1994 AQUA ZED
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

2.2H8TA wrote:Threw me a damn low coolant light. Gonna top it off, it better not be leakin'. As soon as I get happy, I get shot down. LOL
I hear ya, same kind of crap happens to me.

keep'em flying!
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Been a lil' while, so I figured I'd give a little update. I got my car back 4 days after I sent it back to the guy who F'ed up the intake gasket job.
He fixed his dumb mistake, FREE, but it took way too long. 4 days for a couple hour job is just simply unexeptable! I'll get some pics of exactly what he did wrong tomorrow, as I can't really explain it.
It runs real nice, and it's no longer leaking coolant, however for a few days the low coolant light was stuck on because the sensor got messed up from pretty much all the coolant being drained I guess. Yesterday the light went out, no the sensor didn't fix itself, the light burnt out! When I start the car that light no longer lights up, so I'll just visually check it frequently now.
I have not replaced the cluster yet, so when I do that problem will be fixed. I'm either gonna buy a whole new coolant bottle, or just the sensor, I don't know yet, probably gonna replace the whole thing.

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

I've also been having a stalling problem lately. It has brand new plugs and wires. When I start it cold, it starts right up, but sometimes it'll start to idle oddly, sometimes it stalls, sometimes it'll correct itself. Sometimes it will not idle oddly, but once I get driving it, it will stall once, soon after I start driving. I know the throttle body needs to be cleaned up, because I had my mechanic up here and he took it apart to look. Something tells me thats not the whole problem. Anyone have any Ideas on this? I'm also thinking it could be the MAP sensor or something. I don't know, I'm stumped, and so is my mechanic. He hooked it up to the scanner and it didn't throw any codes while it was idleing like that. When I take more pics tomorrow, I'll start it up, and if it starts to act up, I'll record a short vid, maybe that will help someone shed some light on the situation. Once it's warmed up there is no problem, starts right up, idles fine, and dosen't stall.
:unknown:

1994 AQUA ZED
wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

The sensor sticking is common, even on newer tanks. Tap the sensor till the light goes off. Just replace the bulb in the cluster.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

I got a bit of a diffrent veiw of the car on cold startup today. My dad was leaving, and I was on the porch, he started it up, and after about a min. or so it started to idle all F'd up. I was behind the car, and from my porch I can see underneath. I noticed the tail lights dimming and coming back to normal rapidly, and I could also see the exaust moving back and forth. It stalled about 15 sec. after it started acting up. He started it right back up and it was fine. Someone please help me out here! I have no idea why it's doing this!

1994 AQUA ZED
2.2H8TA

Re: 96' Z26 (Stalling) HELP!

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Seriously... no one has any suggestions on what may be causing my car to stall like this?
I haven't been able to get new pics or a vid due to dead batteries in my camera, but I'll get some ASAP and put a short vid of it actin' up. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hate having no clue whats wrong with this thing.

1994 AQUA ZED
Money pit Beretta

Re: 96' Z26 (Stalling) HELP!

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Mine does it from time to time. I've changed everything but the crank sensor under the pulley. Well less the timing chain and guide.

keep'em flying!
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

2.2H8TA wrote:I've also been having a stalling problem lately. It has brand new plugs and wires. When I start it cold, it starts right up, but sometimes it'll start to idle oddly, sometimes it stalls, sometimes it'll correct itself. Sometimes it will not idle oddly, but once I get driving it, it will stall once, soon after I start driving. I know the throttle body needs to be cleaned up, because I had my mechanic up here and he took it apart to look. Something tells me thats not the whole problem. Anyone have any Ideas on this? I'm also thinking it could be the MAP sensor or something. I don't know, I'm stumped, and so is my mechanic. He hooked it up to the scanner and it didn't throw any codes while it was idleing like that. When I take more pics tomorrow, I'll start it up, and if it starts to act up, I'll record a short vid, maybe that will help someone shed some light on the situation. Once it's warmed up there is no problem, starts right up, idles fine, and dosen't stall.
:unknown:
Yup, I know what's wrong. You need a new mechanic. I'd lay 100:1 odds he fucked up the LIMG install and you now are the proud new owner of leaking LIMG's and/or UIMG's. And by leaking , I mean vacuum leaks. That will cause ALL of the issues you are describing.