Looks like I have two options.

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
gustafsyn

Looks like I have two options.

Post by gustafsyn »

Option 1: I can keep my current 1990 GT, with the hail damage, the dents in the quarters, the offset headlights, busted muffler, and shot interior and spend the money to damned near rebuild it from the ground up. Pics are around here somewhere.

Option 2: I can start looking for a GTZ or a Z/26.. preferably HO (I know, not the Z).. and some other things it would be a bitch to add into mine (power windows/locks, sunroof, newer style dash, etc.) In the end..

I want something that aesthetic wise (which is what I'm worried about at this point in time, at least moreso..) has the body package, newer interior, hopefully the features I want. I plan on adding euro or e36 lights, a mach 1 lip, strut braces, LED sidemarkers/3rd brake, and hopefully finding a black interior (which, I KNOW where one is.. and they want $100 for the entire interior.) I just have no idea where I want to go with the whole project atm. Advice?

DTMAce

Re: Looks like I have two options.

Post by DTMAce »

Sell the one you have, get what you can out of it and put that toward what you are looking for?

Sounds like a fair amount of work to make what you want out of what you have... I guess its a matter of how much of a project car you want. Do you want a lot of work to do, or rather have it mostly like you want then just finish it your way? That would be my line of thinking.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

always keep in mind when you are looking to buy a quad powered car... you are getting used, likely beaten, likely a headgasket leak, possibly warped/cracked head, and how long has the previous owner driving on a leaky head gasket? severely shortens the main bearings' life.

really depends how much you are looking to spend on it, dont rely on 'rebuilt' or 'new', unless there are receipts to prove and work done at a decent shop that hopefully has some experience with quads.

and it is getting harder to find rust free berettas. also getting rarer to find all the options on one car as well.

from your description, you may be happier starting with a new project. but if your 90 gt is still keeping you happy and you are attached to it, you can always add the gtz/z26 bumpers and skirts on it, and then go from there.

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
weba

Post by weba »

These cars are 20~ years old, there is a point when they all turn into piles that need to be re-built from the frame up to have nice one.

I'd say the time for Beretta as daily driver is almost gone even for the newer models.

gustafsyn

Post by gustafsyn »

I'm considering just getting rid of it and putting the money into something that isn't a Beretta..
Earlier Cavy Z24s
Lumina Z34s
Third Gen Camaros
Fox Body 5.0s (Already have a full GT body package)
Hell, I'm to the point where I want an Eclipse (1998 GSX AWD Turbo)
I wouldn't mind having an E36 328i or M3, either..

Something that I can use as a daily driver, modify to look good, and use as a drift car as well.. Which is why half of that list is comprised of FR Cars. I'm just to that point in my life where my next car is going to be something that I have for an extended period of time.. Like.. until I get into my mid 20s.. Has to last me up through college, two to four trips from Nebraska to Cali and back a year, and as I said: High powered, aesthetically pleasing, and a good daily driver and drift car..

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

well unless the parents are feeding ya lots of coin, i would try to get something half decent on gas. and as little to no repairs as possible... earlier z24's, you are dealing with most of the same issues as with the beretta's. but they a bit easier to find v6 5 speed... now that is a quick and die hard combo. just do the regular maintenance, and your good. but look for rust issues, rear subframe, shock towers, rocker panels. eclipse in any shape or form, keep up on maintenance, awd=a lot more parts to break and or just maintain. bmw=cost of parts/repair. fox body 5lt mustang= cant get one in decent shape for under $4000 usually, and just as old as what you have... maintenance. and if you are just about to enter college, that = more of a chance you'll exercise the 5lt ponies often, sometimes at the wrong times, = speeding tickets, = wrapping around a tree? anything is possible. and party responsibly!

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks