It's been a while ('90 GT Updates)

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
gustafsyn

It's been a while ('90 GT Updates)

Post by gustafsyn »

Whoah, guys. It's been a while. First off, I would like to say that I will get pictures up when it's bright enough to take pictures (it's kind of dark).

Updates since I last posted: Last time I posted, I believe I was looking for a new motor after it got blown up about this time last year, correct? Yeah. Well.. we DID find a motor for it, and had her up and running with minimal effort. In fact, it's a 3.1 out of a '90 Cavalier, 104K. She ran strong since.

This past June (it has been a while) I lost control on a gravel road, and put it on its side. Will post pics later. The front bumper, passenger fender, and headlights were screwed. We found a bumper off of a base in the JY, as well as fenders and everything else that was needed.

About mid October, the door handles decided that they wanted to break on me. I was completely locked out of my own car, and ended up breaking the passenger window (again) in order to get into it. Not long after, I met a guy on CL, that had door handles, as well as a strut brace. Not to mention, he was sort of a Beretta freak! He has every single part you could want for these cars.

Three days ago, some idiot from Iowa (go figure) couldn't decide what lane they wanted to be in and before they had the chance to decide, slammed on their brakes. Messed up the new bumper, the hood, driver's fender, and headlight. Luckily, Chris (aforementioned Beretta freak, haha) had all of these parts. This is where it gets good. I will post pics when I first got it, pics after the first wreck, and pics from after the second wreck (now).. We found a fender off of a silver base, and (TIP: WALMART RED SPRAY PAINT IS THE EXACT SAME SHADE AS BRIGHT RED ON A BERETTA.) spray painted it gloss red (cost me $1.28 to paint it.), we also went to the JY and picked up a headlight and header panel, then we dug out an old Z/26 bumper that he had that did have a slight tear in the lip and a little sag, but we've tied it up for now. The hood we found was already off of a purple car, so it was easy to paint a gloss black. Needless to say, the car looks as sexy as a Beretta can when it's been put through punishment like that. I will post pics later - possibly after we find the rest of a Z/26 kit and finish the interior up.

Also - random update - I bought a black 1998 Firebird with T-tops for $500, no problems with it except for a front seal in the tranny being bad. Will post pics of that too.

Money pit Beretta

Re: It's been a while ('90 GT Updates)

Post by Money pit Beretta »

It has been a long time.

keep'em flying!