Not a Beretta but still pretty Cool

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
beretta

Not a Beretta but still pretty Cool

Post by beretta »

My new play toy.
Not a beretta and not a chevy but its still pretty cool

1990 ford thunderbird super coupe Anniversary edition. 3,731 made.

Power windows
Power seats both sides
Power sunroof
Leather seats
Black interior :) black rims, black paint
Has in the box, front and rear light covers GTO brand not some cheap knock offs
Firm and auto suspension settings
Fog lights
Auto High beams
4 wheel disk
Independent suspension
keyless entry

Has a old school sound system LOL. but it does work.. alpine cd deck, alpine EQ, orion 260 amp powering 2x12 inch pyle (of Poop) subs in a massive ported box, precision power PPI-4100AM 4 channel powering fronts and rears, all professional wiring heavy gauge everything, big gauge rca wires too, probably cost alot back when it was new.

Pretty sure its a 1 owner car, had $3000 worth of work and new parts put into it a few years ago, the harmonic balancer broke off for a 2nd time VERY common i guess with these engines, had to move it from where he parked it and been sitting for 2 years had no other storage so my dad bought it, he knows the guy i guess, its been babbied its whole life, fairly low millage.

Tryed to start it today, with the balancer off just to see if it would fire, part of its still pressed passed the oil seal so its not leaking out or anything, just the crank sensor does no good, maybe why it didnt fire im not sure. it has old gas in it, added some regular fuel (i know its supposed to take premium) but the super charger isnt running atm without the belt on, it should still fire. had to press the brake pedal so it will even crank like a safety feature i guess, i did notice a siren in the back so thinking there might be some sort of alarm on it with security crap stopping it from firing or it just needs good gas and the crank sensor functional.
I tryed unlocking the doors from the keyless entry, got in it put the seat belt on, pressed the brake pedal still wouldnt fire, im sure its something simple, could be the coil pack, there is like 5 new ones in the trunk cuz they are famous for that too, pretty sad you gotta carry spare coils LOL.

My dad had one of these a few months ago that he scrapped cuz it was rotted to the ground and interior was shot too, it did run but it also took us half a day to get it to start but you didnt have to hold the brake pedal and what not in it (was a 92 SC)

........The 35th Anniversary Edition Thunderbird debuted in January 1990 to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the introduction of the Ford Thunderbird. The Super Coupe was chosen as the model to be used and there were 3,371 produced. All 35th Anniversary Edition Thunderbirds were painted black with titanium silver lower body cladding and had a special thin blue pin stripe running along the middle of the doors and fenders, special 35th Anniversary medallions on the front fenders, and unique hood and taillight emblems with blue accent. The wheels were painted by a multi process- basecoat, clear coat procedure developed by Reynolds Aluminum of Italy and used unique black center caps with blue accented bird emblems. The interior seats were a combination of black leather and titanium gray suede inserts outlined by thin blue piping. There was a smaller version of the 35th Anniversary fender medallions on the inside of each door. Some but not all had sunroofs.

From the Ford 35th Anniversary Press Kit, the standard equipment is a five-speed manual transmission (with the four speed automatic overdrive available as an option), anti-lock braking system with four-wheel disc brakes, special handling suspension with automatic ride control, Traction-Lok rear axle, performance tires, performance analog instrument cluster, and articulated sport seats. Options include anti-theft system, power moonroof, all-season performance tires, Ford JBL audio system, compact disc player, keyless entry system, and a light convenience group. The Preferred Equipment package was also available containing an AM/FM cassette stereo radio, speed control, tilt steering wheel, power driver's seat, power lock group, and rear window defroster. Clear side marker lights, that illuminated the side of the front corner of the car when the turn signals and headlights were used, were an option to be specified as well. ..........

Automatic trany was an option.. that sucks that this one isnt 5 speed, thats about the only thing i dislike about the whole car LOL

And the best part of the whole car.......

Gtzman

Re: Not a Beretta but still pretty Cool

Post by Gtzman »

Im not a ford fan but these are nice. Wouldnt mind have an early 90s Taurus SHO either. Sucks it isnt a 5 speed. How much did your dad get this for?

beretta

Post by beretta »

my dad did have another one of these not long ago but was a 92 and really bad shape, rotted to the ground been sitting for 10+ years in the dirt. this one has sat 2 years on gravel, really clean underneath very little rust no holes, solid as they will come for this age.
This 1990 is a pretty rare car after i just done some re search on it.. 3,731 of them made.. and auto was an option, came standard with a manual.. why someone would order it with automatic is beyond me LOL. if i get it up and running and still have it in a years time, ill be looking for a 5 speed.
Apparently the trany was rebuilt in it too and had a whole bunch of stuff done to it. $3000 worth of work throughout the whole car just before it was parked from the balancer breaking off it again.

My gf actually had a SHO Taurus when i got with her, had it a few years before, it broke down... had water in the rad and i think it froze, her ex had it towed to his relatives who is also like my 3 or 4th cousin i think somehow LOL.. car sat there for 3 years, i was getting my gfs dad to pick it up who has known this guy for years. i had talked to the guy where it was stored and told him were coming to pick it up soon and what not and hes was all cool with it and shot the crap for a couple hours with him. went to get the car a couple months later and it was gone, said the township got after him and he had to clean up.... he has a small hobby shop in the country with like 20 cars sitting around like a mini garage for years.. i think he sold it to be honnest... and my gf's ex paid $4500 for it from a dealership... it was spotless not a mark anywhere on the whole car.

I dont know how much he paid for it, i bet you it wasnt $300 knowing him, if he wasnt going to make money on it just by scrapping it he wouldnt have bought it. however.. hes charging me $800 for it, still fair i think. i could part it out plus scrap whats left and make that and then some off it... he would have parted some of it out, he knows someone looking for a SC for one, so theres $200 easy for the setup. plus other parts, like interior ect thats spotless besides the seats.. the suede on the seats is dryed out from sitting closed up and not sure even what i can put on them to soften it up so it dont crack. but theres lots of other parts he would have sold off it, plus $400 ish over the scales in scrap weight..

As it sits.. if i get the balancer for it and installed.. the bolt is broke in the crank super common i guess on these.. but easy to get out with the right tools and a welder.. if i get it fired up it could be driven as is.. its got good rubber on it, everything works. all the power stuff works, lights ect. brakes ect all been serviced regularly by a mechanic that i know well. so i know the car will be sound mechanically. just the harmonic balancer issue is why it was parked.
Last edited by beretta on Sun May 27, 2012 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gtzman

Post by Gtzman »

Thats not bad. Ive paid $600 for a 89 cavalier z24 2.8 auto convertable that didnt run.

beretta

Post by beretta »

Gtzman wrote:Thats not bad. Ive paid $600 for a 89 cavalier z24 2.8 auto convertable that didnt run.
i paid $300 for my 88 beretta, rust free... i paid $500 for the 96 Z and ive gone from 224,000 Km to sitting at 312,000 in a year..

$800 is alot to pay for this car not running. but i know it wont need much and the body is in great shape and i know how rare it is, its another one of those cars you dont see every day. my parents used to have one for years when i was a kid but it was just basic N/A not the Super coupe.

Talking about cavys.. i stopped and looked at one in my town forsale today.... 92 i think it was.. convertible. engine is pooched.. 3.1 in it auto.. timing chain broke, had one put in and wont run, was told the valve train is bent or something, its still partially apart from who knows how long ago. has new paint on it who knows how many years ago now lol. all the dew strips ect are bad shape, the roof looks dry and looks like its about ready to start falling apart.
Hes asking $1500 for it.. the most id pay for that is $500 tops and i can find the engine quick and cheap and install it myself but the cars just not worth it for the amount of work it needs, its a base with z24 kit he put on it and its not even attached proper yet, the bumper is just hanging on it still lol.
$500 for it would be almost too much.. spend $1000 getting an engine in it and running, get all the other stuff repaired on it and make it driveable.. way to much time.. and only be able to sell it for $2000 tops around here if it looked mint.

The 90 supercoupe... there is a few i found online for sale around here.. none are the 35th anniversary ones.. one was a 91 asking $6,800. other was 92 or something asking $3000 +

So $800 for a 1 in 3,731 car.. the rims and everything. seats ect are one of a kind to this 1990.. i could spend $500 into it. harmonic balancer ect, a good wash and wax it would shine like brand new. i could flip it for $3000 easy. much more profit in it. but i think ill end up keeping it once i take it for a spin lol
Last edited by beretta on Sun May 27, 2012 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gtzman

Post by Gtzman »

Nice lol im going to get this on Tues. http://lawrence.craigslist.org/ctd/3025713600.html

beretta

Post by beretta »

Gtzman wrote:Nice lol im going to get this on Tues. http://lawrence.craigslist.org/ctd/3025713600.html
thats a nice cavy... ive been waiting one for a while now, but has to be the old school style and be a z24. i couldnt believe this guy today wanting $1500 for his and dont run, its auto. its not even all put together and needs a new roof, i bet if you put it down and up a couple times it would tare.

I didnt even know my dad had the super coupe till i went there today to check out a 99 grand am he has with the 3400 he was going to sell me the engine and scrap the car, i sent pictures to my gf of the car now im buying the whole car to put on the road for her to drive and i still dont get my 3400 :(

Soon as i sat in the tbird i knew i had to have it lol

beretta

Post by beretta »

How could you not want to be behind the wheel in this thing... dammmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6U7B00U ... re=related

5 speed is much cooler and faster.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy8levQlwEI

Gtzman

Post by Gtzman »

Yeah i know how it is when i find a car no one wants anymore lol its like mine mine mine i buy any car i can sometimes.

beretta

Post by beretta »

lol... same way, when i have the cash... i really just wanted the engine from the grand am for the beretta, my dads plan was the same.. i was going to his place today to pull the engine out he planned to scrap the car.. then i seen the super coupe.. and i had sent pictures of the grand am to my gf, she wanted the car to drive, if i hadnt said yeah ill just take the whole car, she would have been pissed if i just got the tbird for myself, so i had to take both lol..

i got a 97 chevy truck reg cab, 2x4 4.3 vortec few weeks ago for free, already on the road lol. i have 2 beretta's, a 99 lumina in the driveway. a 84 firebird.. apparently now im getting the 99 grand am, and the 90 tbird..

I dunno how im going to insure them all lol.. i called a new company the other day.. got an awsome cheap quote for 3 cars but they cant sell it to me till next year when one of my fines drop off lol.. she asked why i had so many cars, i said because i like them, and the 3 wasnt all i had just the ones i want to be able to drive atm lol

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

beretta wrote:Tryed to start it today, with the balancer off just to see if it would fire, part of its still pressed passed the oil seal so its not leaking out or anything, just the crank sensor does no good, maybe why it didnt fire im not sure. it has old gas in it, added some regular fuel (i know its supposed to take premium) but the super charger isnt running atm without the belt on, it should still fire. had to press the brake pedal so it will even crank like a safety feature i guess, i did notice a siren in the back so thinking there might be some sort of alarm on it with security crap stopping it from firing or it just needs good gas and the crank sensor functional.
I tryed unlocking the doors from the keyless entry, got in it put the seat belt on, pressed the brake pedal still wouldnt fire, im sure its something simple, could be the coil pack, there is like 5 new ones in the trunk cuz they are famous for that too, pretty sad you gotta carry spare coils LOL.
Beretta, it is pretty simple. No harmonic balancer = No crank signal, No Crank Signal = No Spark, No Spark = No Start. ;) There's a metal ring with notches on the back side of the balancer that pass through the fins of the CPS giving it a crank signal to the ECM allowing it to energize the ICM and coils and make spark! :burn:

Have you priced out a new balancer for that car yet? Ya sitting down? They run about $250-$350 or more depending on where you look! Enjoy! :D

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
beretta

Post by beretta »

well i wasnt sure if it needs the crank sensor to start but i kinda figured it did.

My dad scrapped one of these that was running i think it was early this spring, it was rotted to the ground. Im hoping its still at the wrecking yard and i can get the balancer for 20 bucks.

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

I saw one at a local yard not too long ago too, but I can't remember which yard it was. I'll wonder through the Ford rows next week and see what I see.

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

ignition modules are famous for failure. you can check them at the parts store.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
beretta

Post by beretta »

there is a box in the trunk with 3 or 4 coil packs plus i think the modules as well. sad you gotta carry spares with you to drive to the grocery store LOL..

I also found a harmonic balancer too for $75 should be in the mail this week thats the only thing stopping it from running and driving. it was on the road.. had $3000 worth of work done, new u joints or whatever is in the rear.. its 4 link setup. trany rebuilt and all kinds of stuff, i know the mechanic that worked on it, thats where i take my vehicles for safety checks. the balancer broke for the 2nd time and the guy parked the car, was at his mothers and she passed they had to clean out the house and sell it and the car had to go thats when my dad got it last week. only thing stopping it from driving is the balancer.

If i give it a good wash it will shine like new, its pretty spotless. the interior is clean too.. it think its even cleaner then my beretta but then it gets driven every day so... theres no dust or nothing on the dash or anywhere, the carpets are spotless.. the only issue in the interior is the seats... they are leather but the centers are suede and its dryed out from sitting closed up..

what can i apply to the seats to soften them up so they wont crack ?. the driver seat has already started, i dont want to spend the money to have them re done to spec and i dont want to cobble it up with seat covers because the seats are one of the best parts about this car, its what makes it that 1 of 3,731 built of the anniversary edition.