The GTZ's Replacement 00 GTP, Photoshoot PG 6!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
90GTZHO

Re: The GTZ's Replacement 00 GTP

Post by 90GTZHO »

So for being untuned, with 100 octane in the tank along with a small mixture of 91, i didnt do too to bad at the track. It would have been nice if i could have gotten her to hook up, but heres the official slip on fastest time:

I hit high 14's a few times, the other other 3 times i ran, i hit low 15.1 with zero traction and once with forgetting to put the car into third (ran a 15.5 that time), opps.

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

are you monitoring for KR or anything during your runs. would kinda suck to blow a hole in the block.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

I dont have any way to monitor it right now. And im still waiting to get the wideband O2 bung welded in so i can get that hooked up. So far, i havent been having any problems with the motor, shes still running nice and strong, no detonation or anything.

Geoff
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

the 100 octane i know helps out if your running any kind of knock. what kind of plugs are you running??? and what thermostat do u have in there(180 dilled)??? if you wrap your crossover also it helps incoming air temps and can reduce knock slightly

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

I have Autolite 104XPs with a 180 stat, and the JHP 10.5 wires.

Geoff
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Sorry but I'm going to be honest... 100 octane or not, not a very intelligent thing to do. Just because you have 100 octane in the tank doesn't prevent the motor from running lean and knocking from that, that would only prevent you from getting knock from having to aggressive of a timing table for the boost level. With all of your changes to the intake tract then chances of going leaner than desired is higher since the MAF sensor has not been re-scaled to represent the actual flow of the intake.

I say it over and over again and many just ignore me or call me an ass hole, BUT if you can't tune a car then don't modify it till you can find someone to do it for you because you will only go backwards. Or at least keep it off the track till you can get it tuned, there is no point to beat on it till its right.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

3X00-Modified wrote:Sorry but I'm going to be honest... 100 octane or not, not a very intelligent thing to do. Just because you have 100 octane in the tank doesn't prevent the motor from running lean and knocking from that, that would only prevent you from getting knock from having to aggressive of a timing table for the boost level. With all of your changes to the intake tract then chances of going leaner than desired is higher since the MAF sensor has not been re-scaled to represent the actual flow of the intake.

I say it over and over again and many just ignore me or call me an ass hole, BUT if you can't tune a car then don't modify it till you can find someone to do it for you because you will only go backwards. Or at least keep it off the track till you can get it tuned, there is no point to beat on it till its right.
I preach the same thing to people. Tuning is key. I know its not always easy to find a tuner right away, but you still shouldn't delay it anymore than you have to.

_________
-------------
pontiecast

Post by pontiecast »

Love the GTP. I owned a '99 and a '00. Both 4-doors. Bone stock on a HOT Vegas afternoon, The '00 turned an embarrassing 15.7. Smaller s/c pulley, CAI, Random high flow cat with u-bend delete, stock mufflers and a computer from ZZP got me to a 14.2. When the '00 was totaled, I bought a '99 and transferred the go fast parts with the addition of headers. The result was 13.9. These cars sure do respond well to bolt ons. When I did race mine, there were a few guys running GTPs that drove up from California. In Vegas, they ran low 14s. At Pomona, they were running mid 13s.
Anyway, not trying to tell you what to do, just wanted to give you a comparison since Vegas and AZ have similar temps.

Good luck!

1994 Chevrolet Beretta 3100 V6 White/Burgundy- 207,xxx SOLD :cry:
2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Red/black 5.3 V8
2004 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red/Black 5.7LS1 6-speed
2016 Subaru Outback Premium package/some dark grey color
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Eh... I know from experience that the supercharged 3800's are fairly accepting of bolt-ons and more boost before you have to worry about KR issues and tuning. I'm sure Geoff knows this too as he researches everything he does instead of just slapping on mods. No way in hell would he take a chance sacrificing all that hard work, time and money just to lay down a time if it were an issue driving it as-is... Just saying, don't generalize every engine and racer if you don't know the ins and outs of the engine and the owner. ;)

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Everyone is a ricer and if you mod cars you also speed thru school zones too.

:-o

_________
-------------
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Thank you Brett. Yeah, Jon, im not even gonna waste my time responding to your "words of wisdom". You've seen my threads, you know how i work, you should know better.

Still trying to figure out what 1988 is talking about...?

Geoff
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Wow... Um ok wasn't trying to be a dick but everyone makes it seem that way. Forget what I said then, have fun.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Its the way you word it Jon, you just kinda come off as, well a hot head. Wording things a little differently would help that ;) I know you know what your talking about, but try not to flaunt it as much i guess is what im getting at.

I research everything i do, and i make a sound conclusion based on what i have seen. I dont do anything without first talking to someone or reading about it first. So yes, to the average person who thinks they can bolt on a bunch of crap to a car and get away without tuning it, yes, very bad idea. However, im not the average person, not to toot my own horn. Ive been around these engines enough to know what they can, cannot and should not handle with and without a tune. Needless to say, so far, there are no ill effects of what i have done, and have seen people do more without tuning and still going. I see the line to cross and take about a step or two back from it.

Worse case, the motor blows, and i build a stronger, better one :)

Geoff
LX9Power

Post by LX9Power »

the knock system on theses engines are very Sensitive...People would be suprised how much you can put them through before something fail. At one point you will need to do something about the knock sensor to reduce its sensitivity, because it will play against you *hint*

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Heres a quick vid i made starting about 10mph and running up to 80. Gonna try and get some better vid. Also need to get a vid of the new exhaust since its pretty worn in now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4R4xGNVreQ&feature=plcp

Geoff