you guys might be happy about this one!

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Re: you guys might be happy about this one!

Post by 1990BerettaGTZ2.3L »

Wish making a mold was easy cause I would use urethane to reproduce them my self or instead of urethane best rubber as a 2k mix such as fusor products this is why I want to start getting rear beretta fillers mostly the early clear ones and find a solution to soak them in to seperate them. Then once they seperate clean them inside and out thoroughly and possible but new mounting suds while apart and what not in. Then reseal them with Fusor plastic bonding adhesive and water check them for leaks then sell them as a OER type part available to people who need them badly.

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad,226 cams, 3.94 W-41 trans
1990 Beretta GTZ Quad 4, 3.61 muncie 5 speed (project)
1968 Chevelle 300 deluxe 327ci 4 speed M-21, 12 bolt 4.10 posi
1978 Chevy K10 Z77 Sport 4x4
1977 GMC Sierra Classic 25 454 crew cab
-Ryan
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

1990BerettaGTZ2.3L wrote:Wish making a mold was easy cause I would use urethane to reproduce them my self or instead of urethane best rubber as a 2k mix such as fusor products this is why I want to start getting rear beretta fillers mostly the early clear ones and find a solution to soak them in to seperate them. Then once they seperate clean them inside and out thoroughly and possible but new mounting suds while apart and what not in. Then reseal them with Fusor plastic bonding adhesive and water check them for leaks then sell them as a OER type part available to people who need them badly.
Problem is, they are heat bonded together. No "solvent" is going to soak and cause them to un-melt. Ask me how I know?

The other problem is, the plastic as it aged has become EXTREMELY brittle. So just trying to physically remove the rusted mounting studs from the plastic will result in the plastic breaking at or below the metal mounting stud, rather than it being removed from the plastic. I have bought several clear upper and lower fillers over the past year. ALL of them have been a nightmare. Mostly due to brittle plastic. And from what I have seen, they appear to be heat bonded, not "glued". Or using a chemical that causes the same process. I doubt soaking them in anything is going to cause them to miraculously come apart.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

BerettaMN

Post by BerettaMN »

What ever happend to this?

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Well..........can we say he was banned and leave it at that?

keep'em flying!
themixer

Post by themixer »

i would save a lot of money and time if i was banned

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Tylerlp was not banned from this site... It's just that he never follows through with anything and this "project" he had lined up fell through and didn't go anywhere. I still have the only and best solution to replacing the dew strips.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
BerettaMN

Post by BerettaMN »

3X00, what's the solution, I was just asking in case I get another betetta because I know that's one of the hardest items to replace.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 30#p137073

You have to buy universal strips, cut to length and then slot them to line up with the holes that are on the existing strips so the tabs will hold them and the screws will go through to hold the whole assembly on the car.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"