2014 Beretta.Net Calendar!

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Styluss
Global Moderator

2014 Beretta.Net Calendar!

Post by Styluss »

AND WE'RE BACK! *Z 105*........ Anyone?

Alright, let's do this. I've been passed the torch from Wanako and I'll be running the calendar this year with the help from good old Woody.

There are always some minor exceptions, but these are some general guidelines:

Pictures must be of high quality. Cropped to 8.5x11 at 300 dpi, or 1024x768 resolution minimum. If you're unsure, just set your camera to the highest quality. Any pictures with insufficient resolution will not be accepted, and the member will be notified.

Please include your member name, your real name and location (city state) when submitting your photo. Also, please include what you would like your car listed as; model, year, engine, transmission, etc. The minimum to be included is the year, model and engine. Send all submissions to: Stylusskid@msn.com

You're welcome to change your submission at any time... just e-mail me a different picture and notify me of the change.
- Pictures must be of high quality. Cropped to 8.5x11 at 300 dpi, or 1280x800 resolution minimum. Better yet, just set your camera to the highest quality it can take and submit that. Any pictures with insufficient resolution will not be accepted, and the member will be notified. It is 2013 and everybody should have a decent camera nowadays of at least 5 Mega Pixels.
- Submissions must be received by November 10th, midnight Mountain Standard time.
- There will be NO deadline extensions. So everybody get out there and shoot! And remember, Corsicas are more than welcome!

I think this should be more than enough time for everyone to get ready. Once it hits Midnight on my side of the country it's done. I must have a minimum of 12 (duh!) good pictures to make this work, so everybody get out there and shoot!

Voting will commence on Wednesday, November 13th-ish and will end on November 20th-ish at Midnight MST. This will give me and Woody enough time to get it all sorted out, edited and complete for ordering in time for Christmas!

REMEMBER, we're a mighty picky group these days... This photo should be top notch!
Here are a few pointers from numerous members over the last few years:

- Location. Pick somewhere unique and exciting... your driveway doesn't cut it.
- Light. Early or late in the day is best for natural light. Midday sun is flat and doesn't provide much shadow or detail. Colors get washed out.
- Get rid of the junk. Crop out or use Photoshop to remove distractions. There are several members that can help with this. Just ask in the Photoshop section.
- Clouds are your friend. Clear skies may be great for going to the beach, but your pictures will be more interesting with clouds.
- Mergers. Watch out for for two or more objects overlapping... such as a light pole coming out the hood of a car.
- Angles. Get high up or low to the ground. If you take a picture of a car from standing height, it's probably going to look like any other snapshot.
- Get closer! You're taking a picture of the car, not all the crap around it. Unless you're trying to show the scale of the scenery, get close and show us the car!
- Color. This goes along with light; I saw a lot of washed out pictures. Vivid colors = excitement!
- Photo Quality. Dude, that old bar phone from 1996 isn't going to cut it. We have image size and resolution requirements that are posted below.

As always, I'm more than happy to completely rip apart... I mean critique your submission if you would like some thoughts from a 5 time calendar winner!
Let's do it! I expect to have A LOT MORE submissions to choose from this year with the addition of our 400+ member Facebook page.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
SummitBalt08

Re: 2014 Beretta.Net Calendar!

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Good to see this going! I hope I can get my custom axles back in time to get my Z on the road to get some good pics. I have a nice spot picked out just need my car to get there lol.

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Glad to see the ball rolling on this one.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

SWEET - But I only have some shots of my car when it was last running in June.... gotta dig through some and see what's what. Can we submit more than 1 pic for consideration or does it have to be just one?

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
speedy

Post by speedy »

how about a different theme this year for the calender? rather then just 12 beretta's, maybe throw a few different shots in, like one of a really sweet engine bay, or one of an extremely clean interior or something.... just something different?

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
DUBS28

Post by DUBS28 »

Like that idea Speedy! Or say each month has smaller pictures of the engine bay and interior of the car of the month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

GW Bancroft (on FB)
'91 Black GTZ
'93 Quasar GT 5-Speed (Under Construction)
Echoes71

Post by Echoes71 »

speedy wrote:how about a different theme this year for the calender? rather then just 12 beretta's, maybe throw a few different shots in, like one of a really sweet engine bay, or one of an extremely clean interior or something.... just something different?
Since I am new here - fairly new - I can definitely post some immaculate interior shots and my phone - Galaxy S II - takes AWESOME photos AND I am good in Photoshop. So, I am planning on washing the car on Monday and will find a place to get some nice photos. I'll probably submit several - if that's okay - but my car looks perfect. Just turned 56,000 today. Actually at 56,009 right now. And with winter approaching my driving will become even less and the car will be taken care of properly throughout the winter months.

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

So... I'm the new man! The calendar guy, senior calendario! I'll get the details together and get them posted Sunday night. In the meantime, go get some pics before it gets too cold or winter sets in! I can tell you the dealine for submission will be November 10th!

To answer quick questions... Speedy, if people submit engine bay shots or something besides the typical car pic, they will get voted on. Which leads me to GW's comment which I truly enjoy the idea of. However note that we will not be making a second shot of any kind a requirement, simply an option. Remember that some different style pics have been submitted in the past, and won! Action shots of racing/driving were the two I can think of. Use your imagination! Plus, a member typically starts a "Which pic should I choose" thread that can help you decide which pic to submit. I'll be gathering all information as mentioned above and will have the details posted in an official thread soon!

Until then, check out Calendar winning pics from last year to help you all with some ideas. And always, if you want help taking a great pic just let me know and I would be happy to help!

http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11381

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
whiteretta

Post by whiteretta »

I haven't submitted a good rear end shot of mine for the calendar in the past, but I think I have the perfect photo for this year ;)

1994 Chevy Beretta, mild 3500 swap.
https://youtube.com/@MurphRocks86?si=mpCQc0DnEitPx3Jg
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Slightly Off Topic!

There are 400 Beretta people on Facebook? Whatever the hell Facebook is.

I need to get into the 21st Century.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

There are 400 people in the group... Doesn't mean all like/own a beretta... That's the only problem with it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DUBS28

Post by DUBS28 »

Even if you just make a Facebook profile to interact with the "Chevy Beretta Owners Group" and nothing else it would be worth it. I love Beretta.net for information but for interaction Facebook is the place to be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

GW Bancroft (on FB)
'91 Black GTZ
'93 Quasar GT 5-Speed (Under Construction)
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

DUBS28 wrote:but for interaction Facebook is the place to be.
It could be the same here if they would just visit... :P

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

I'll be finalizing all of this tonight!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car