Finding NOS OEM parts.

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
NJ93TY

Finding NOS OEM parts.

Post by NJ93TY »

So several people have asked me about finding and locating NOS OEM Beretta parts. I personally have been collecting and searching for parts over the part year and a half to restore my 90 GTZ. First thing I do is I call the dealer with my VIN and get an exploited view of what parts I'm looking for. Similar to this...

Then I will get a list of part numbers indicating what parts are what number. Similar to this...

Now there are several places to look when you have an OEM number. What I will usually do is see if it is available through the dealer still. Unfortunately most parts are discontinued. Then I will check E-bay. If no luck there I will check www.vpartsinc.com. If no luck there the dealer can do a worldwide part locator and provide a list of dealers that shows that part in inventory. That's how I found a NOS 90 drivers door. NOS side front windshield moldings. Rear windshield molding, front and rear bumper supports, fog light and parking light brackets and much more. The parts people at the dealer actually laughed when I called and asked about it and told them I wanted to buy the drivers door. So having an OEM part number is the key to finding what you need. If a dealer does have a part in stock somewhere they will usually negotiate price especially if its something they have had for 20+ years. Most of the time they are willing to ship the item also. Also if its not on E-bay don't give up right away. Check regularly, I looked for a door handle bezel for almost 2 years and 2 sets popped up on E-bay so I bought them all. Sometime these things take time. I hope this helps some of you in looking for some hard to find parts. Good luck.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Finding NOS OEM parts.

Post by 3X00-Modified »

You can also find many part numbers and exploded diagrams on this website if you don't have a friendly dealer to get these print outs from.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/

Many will also let you buy if they know vpartsinc.com has them in stock... and many of the numbers used to not be listed but luckily now they have the discontinued PN's on the site.

010 22588344 DOOR. Floor Console Compartment Door
DOOR,F/FLR CNSL(GRAY)(CONTAINS HINGE ASM)(PAINT TO MATCH). Required: 01
For: L F/CMPT FLR CNSL(D55),INTERIOR TRIM COLOR(14I) (1993-1993) (1993 - 1993).

PN# 22588344

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

People that think im crazy, part number 4 is that shift boot retainer ring ive been searching for. Anyone have that peice? Lol

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

You are crazy and so is their drawing... it's not a ring that PN gets you just a clip...

CLIP; RETAINER.
This genuine part fits your 1991 Chevrolet Beretta Base 2DR.
CLIP,I/P COMPT(10.240). RETAINER,F/ST BELT UPR OPG ESCUT(10.240). RETAINER,HDLP SW(10.240). RETAINER,I/P DRVR KNEE BOLS(10.240). RETAINER,I/P SI T/PNL(10.240). RETAINER,RR S/D I/S HDL APLQ(10.240). RETAINER,W/S DEFR NOZ GRL(10.240). RETAINER,I/P CTR AIR OTLT DFL HSG(10.240). RETAINER,I/P LWR T/PNL(10.240). RETAINER,I/P LWR TR PLT(10.240). CLIP,AUX A/C AIR OTLT DUCT(10.240). RETAINER,F/FLR CNSL TR PLT. RETAINER,F/SEAT A/RST CVR(10.240). RETAINER,F/SEAT BK BODY PNL TR FIN PNL(10.240). RETAINER,FRT S/D I/S HDL APLQ(10.240). RETAINER,I/P COMPT(10.240). CLIP,F/FLR CNSL TR PLT(LOWER PLATE ASM). CLIP,I/P ACSRY TR PLT(10.240). RETAINER,F/SEAT CUSH SI CVR(10.240). RETAINER,FRT S/D TR FIN PNL APLQ(10.240). RETAINER,I/P ACSRY TR PLT(10.240). RETAINER,I/P CSTR TR PLT(10.240). RETAINER,I/P CTR AIR OTLT DFL(10.240). RETAINER,I/P OTR AIR OTLT DFL(10.240). CLIP,F/FLR CNSL TR PLT. CLIP,I/P CSTR TR PLT(10.240). CLIP,I/P TR PLT(10.240). RETAINER,F/SEAT A/RST OPG CVR(10.240). RETAINER,I/P TR PLT(10.240). RETAINER,I/P UPR T/PNL(10.240). RETAINER,F/ST BELT RETR CVR(10.240). RETAINER,I/P DRVR KNEE BOLS PNL(10.240). RETAINER,I/P LWR EXTN T/PNL(10.240). RETAINER. CLIP. Air Distributor. Floor Console. Instrument Cluster. Instrument Panel Trim. Instrument Panel Compartment Door. Air Outlet. Capsule/Headlamp/Fog Lamp Switch. Door Lock Inside Handle. Front Door Trim. Front Seat Arm Rest. Front Seat Back. Instrument Panel. Instrument Panel Pad. Seat Belt. Windshield Defroster.

Stock Code 22570333 ; 10062366; 25761796
Manufacturer GM
Categories Air Conditioning and Heating > Defroster; Air Conditioning and Heating > Ducts, Inlets, Vents; Air Conditioning and Heating > Evaporator; Body > Doors, Mirrors and Interior Trim; Electronics, Charging, Wiring and Ignition > Lighting; Instruments and Gauges > Other; Interior Trim > Door; Interior Trim > Other; Interior Trim > Seats

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine-GM- ... 0874787274

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

If you are lucky you can still find the printed parts book. I remember looking for parts for the 90 back in 2000 and finding them all discontinued. The manual shift console plate w/boot was over $130 new from GM, it's discontinued now in which i accidently ordered one 12 years ago. Luckily i still have it in the box. I also have the rest of the center console in NOS..very $$

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
DUBS28

Post by DUBS28 »

90GTZHO wrote:People that think im crazy, part number 4 is that shift boot retainer ring ive been searching for. Anyone have that peice? Lol
Discountoeparts.com has that part listed for $1.13 I almost ordered one but then I see it switches the part number in the shopping cart to a defroster retainer clip. So close, yet so far.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

GW Bancroft (on FB)
'91 Black GTZ
'93 Quasar GT 5-Speed (Under Construction)
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

If you are looking for a console center piece with the boot for a '91+ 5-speed, I have a MINT one.

No rips or tears to the boot and the plate does have the trunk release hole.

If interested let me know, but it's not cheap!

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Im looking for the retainer ring that screws into the bottom of the manual shift plate to help retain the boot. I know they still Exist, Eric Wood said his car has one too.

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress