Conrods

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
ladaok

Conrods

Post by ladaok »

good afternoon,

I'll give you a quick intro : names robbie, I reside in a small South Pacific country, namely, New Zealand, which is about 1200 miles to the SE of Australia. The township is Te Puke, you may wish to google it ?

Anyway, I have a project on, it requires mods to pistons and conrods to fit a 4 cyl inline 1600 cc engine. To date, the best rod is from a 2.3 lt Quad 4, not the 2.4lt. I doubt if more than 4 > 5 cars that use this engine have ever been imported to NZ

So the question is, would someone here, have a reasonable set of OEM rods I could purchase, or point me in the right direction. thanks, robbie

woody90gtz

Re: Conrods

Post by woody90gtz »

Hi Rob, I'm really of no help, but would like to say hi. We recently took a vacation to Australia and really liked your part of the world. Good luck in your search. Have you tried eBay or anything else of that sort?

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

hi woody, did you get to New Zealand ? pity if not. You'll have everything we have, over in your country. It's just ours in a much smaller package. I guess it's pretty cold up there at present, still spring is just around the corner ..... a bit like your new President..... ready to spring out around the next corner ??

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Haha. Everyone who heard our American accent asked about trump! We didn't hit NZ, just Brisbane and Port Lincoln, but we will definitely be back and NZ is on the list. It seems more laid back. Made me want to build a Beretta Ute!
bute.jpg
We went in December and it was nice leaving snow for the beach!

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

Very nice, the BUTE that is .... is that your handy work ? ...... we don't have an auto manufacturing facilities here, all our cars, trucks etc are imported

what impression did the Holden commodore and Ford falcon have

Yip, you can keep the snow up there thanks, ..... our summer at present , well meant to be, would have to be the coolest summer I can remember, must be global warming eh. lol I'm a small time beekeeper .... and this season so far has been dreadful, still 5 > 6 weeks to go, still, who knows ?