Beretta GT into a Beretta GUTZ INDY

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Beretta GT into a Beretta GUTZ INDY

Post by 3X00-Modified »

For one year? I highly doubt that... Remember this was not GM who made these skirts... C&C did these body kits... I'm sure they didn't have as much disposable income as GM did.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Rettax3

Re: Beretta GT into a Beretta GUTZ INDY

Post by Rettax3 »

3X00-Modified wrote:For one year? I highly doubt that... Remember this was not GM who made these skirts... C&C did these body kits... I'm sure they didn't have as much disposable income as GM did.
Of course the mold was redone at the end. Sorry. The Indy skirts are 1/4 inch shorter than the GTUs'. They terminate BEFORE the edge of the fender, GTUs had their skirts wrap to and over the front edge.

Did C&C know the Indy would be the last year they would make these parts? Hmm.

How much work did it take to redo the front of the mold, to make what, ~4600 sets? Small enough effort, and it could even save a little on plastic material for anyone counting pennies. They had to make a new mold for the black insert piece anyway, that would be the real 'expense'. I'm sure when GM cracked the whip, C&C jumped.

ASC made the third-gen convertible Camaros in a similar post-factory modification deal with GM, and guess how many variations there are of those parts? About every year or two trim pieces changed, latches were redesigned, even the back windows changed size and the width of the top itself was altered, meaning the entire framework was retooled.

They aren't one-off parts, but they are still small-level production, so minor changes are actually to be expected year to year.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26