Stink bugs!

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
ifixalot

Stink bugs!

Post by ifixalot »

Our country has imported Chinese stink bugs and it's that time of year when they look for winter shelter.
They stink a bit but not like skunk. It's smell is kind of like rancid oil with pine.
I was working on my 88 when I kept smelling the bug's smell. I look down into the alternator
and this little guy is looking at me! I hate those little bugs. They get in the house and crawl up
the wall. Squish it and it releases the odor. I got one of those electric swatters and it sometimes
kills them before they can emit their stink. This guy I sprayed with bug killer.
Attachments
HPIM1574.JPG

EPfiffner

Re: Stink bugs!

Post by EPfiffner »

ifixalot wrote:Our country has imported Chinese stink bugs and it's that time of year when they look for winter shelter.
They stink a bit but not like skunk. It's smell is kind of like rancid oil with pine.
I was working on my 88 when I kept smelling the bug's smell. I look down into the alternator
and this little guy is looking at me! I hate those little bugs. They get in the house and crawl up
the wall. Squish it and it releases the odor. I got one of those electric swatters and it sometimes
kills them before they can emit their stink. This guy I sprayed with bug killer.
My wife and I with our demented sense of humor: any time we see a stink bug on our kitchen window screen, we flick the screen as hard as we can and see if we can get the stink bug to ricochet off of one of the cars in the drive or the siding on the house.

GT_Indy

Re: Stink bugs!

Post by GT_Indy »

Get a piece of toilet paper and let them crawl onto it. Then wrap it up and flush down the toilet.

Stink bugs leave scent trails like ants. Once you get one, more will follow.

The nice thing is they are not destructive or hard to kill. They are just anoying when you see them clumsily flying around the light bulbs.

Before I moved I used to catch them and feed them to the spiders outside the house. I would watch now and then as the spider ate his dinner. lol.