Who still remembers?

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
QuasarBlueGTZq4

Who still remembers?

Post by QuasarBlueGTZq4 »

I still see names floating around here that I haven't seen in a while.

What's up guys? How has life been in the Beretta world?

Jack
86 Porsche 951 - Lindsey 3" exhaust, Lindsey MAF, Lindsey chips, ProfecB boost control.
83 Porsche 944 - Stock, converted to 951 look.
02 Nissan Altima SE 3.5
00 Ducati Monster 900i.e.

Past cars:
92 Beretta GTZ - Quasar Blue
88 Conquest TSi - Fiji blue SHP
98 Grand Prix GTP
SuzukiGhostRider

Who still remembers?

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Welcome back! Dunno you,but hey, WELCOME!

3100SFI

Who still remembers?

Post by 3100SFI »

Holy poo! Jack's back.

I'm still here and I still like smilies.    ÂÂÂ

Have you talked to Jason Summers at all lately? I haven't chated with him for quite some time.

Kyle
2003 VW New Beetle
BerettaLove32

Who still remembers?

Post by BerettaLove32 »

Oh snap, it's the man who schooled me on car audio back in the day.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Who still remembers?

Post by heavywoody »

DAMN! Look who returned from the dead!

How ya been Jack? I haven't talked to Summers in ages... him and Tonya did get a divorce, but that's about all I know.

Things are maintaining here in the L-body world... but it just hasn't been the same without ya. Still living in Kansas?

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
QuasarBlueGTZq4

Who still remembers?

Yep, definitely looks like a lot of the same faces, er... avatars  

I haven't talked to Jason in over 5 years. They used to send us X-mas cards and called every now and then, but then we moved(phone number and address changes). I didn't know their marriage was on the fritz, but then again, it was a pretty fast start. I think I fell of the face of the planet when I stopped using AIM, and fell out of contact with EVERYONE. I remember the last time I chatted with him, he asked if I'd visited Berettatalk lately. I told him no, and he said, 'Well, it's not there anymore.'

Yes, still in Kansas, Wichita to be exact. I've gotten out of the car audio scene, my age was catching up to me, body-wise, I just couldn't stand kneeling next to cars and climbing under dashboards anymore. I got myself into Wichita's leading job marking, working in the airline industry. I work for NORDAM, building high end aircraft cabinetry. Decent work, it pays the bills and allows me to buy my toys(see sig).

So, what's up with everyone here? I'm seeing some of you aren't even driving Berettas anymore, but you are still hanging here, eh?

Jack
86 Porsche 951 - Lindsey 3" exhaust, Lindsey MAF, Lindsey chips, ProfecB boost control.
02 Nissan Altima SE 3.5

Past cars:
98 Grand Prix GTP
Ribz80

Who still remembers?

Post by Ribz80 »

Last I remember you had a Conquest.

Now I see a 951 added to the stable

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006
QuasarBlueGTZq4

Who still remembers?

(Ribz80 @ Apr. 18 2008,11:50)QUOTELast I remember you had a Conquest.

Now I see a 951 added to the stable
Yep, the old Conquest had to go to the great rust bucket in the sky

It was fun while it lasted though. But the 951 beats it in just about every aspect but cost. Just because it's a 'Porsche' means that EVERYTHING costs more.  It also isn't as mod friendly as the Quest. You could bolt on anything to the Quest, and it was happy. With the 951, you have to plan everything out, and follow it up with a new chip to take care of the add ons. I'm on my 3rd chip at this point.

My next stage would be to go with a programmable MAF controller, then I can simply twist some knobs when I need to tweak the fuel maps.

Jack
02 Nissan Altima SE 3.5

Past cars:
98 Grand Prix GTP
spacecadetz26

Who still remembers?

Post by spacecadetz26 »

howdy

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
3100SFI

Who still remembers?

Post by 3100SFI »

Glad to hear you're doing good. I love Porsche too, but like you said, everythings expensive and I can't afford it. I hate even paying for the high cost of parts for my bug.

I fell off AIM too. Haven't talked to anyone since. I have no idea why I still hang here. lol I get bored I guess.

Remember the "and well" filter you put on btalk? The thought of that still makes me laugh. "I need a thesaurus"

Kyle
2003 VW New Beetle
zach82

Who still remembers?

Post by zach82 »

Wow, it has been a long time... wb

1994 Purple Pearl Base (RWD conversion project)
1973/77 Ford 3/4 ton 4X4 long bed
1987 Suzuki Samurai / heavily modded
My site  http://www.zcm82.net
QuasarBlueGTZq4

Who still remembers?

(3100SFI @ Apr. 18 2008,23:23)QUOTERemember the "and well" filter you put on btalk? The thought of that still makes me laugh. "I need a thesaurus"
Holy crap, I totally forgot about that  

I'm still an *** My work place has weekly meetings, at which the leadership team gives us announcements, and overall company performance. They then break down to some individuals that might have special activities planned. There is one individual that drives me absolutely crazy, as he has no public speaking skills, what so ever. I have rectified my distaste with this issue by providing my co-workers that work closely with me, the 'And Uhm, Uh' report, at which I accurately report exactly how many 'uhs' and 'and uhms' I count in his speeches.

IIRC, I had several 'filters' running over there on Btalk, but that one in particular seemed to go un-noticed by the person I  started that filter for.

Those were some good times.

As to the high price of German parts/services, I've always been a thrifty shopper. The internet is your friend, and I do all of my work myself ;) I can't believe how people actually would pay a dealer $1600 every 30k miles for a timing belt job. $400 in parts, and a few hours in the garage and I'm back on my way.

Whenever I want a good laugh, I pull out the pile of receipts that came with the 951. There was one in particular that the PO(previous owner) took the car in for a clutch replacement, that bill was nearly $5000. I have another receipt for a radiator leak, that totaled up to $4000, the radiator was only $381 on the bill. It's as if those mechanics can 'smell' Porsche owners coming.

I replaced the heater core on the '83 this winter, I never got around to it, but I REALLY wanted to call the dealership to get a labor quote. I'm sure the cost of the labor would of likely been higher than the blue book of the car(you have to pull the console, dash, a/c system and finally the heater box itself). The core itself was only a $50 VW part....

Jack
02 Nissan Altima SE 3.5

Past cars:
98 Grand Prix GTP
pimpz26

Who still remembers?

Post by pimpz26 »

[QUOTE]Yes, still in Kansas, Wichita to be exact. I've gotten out of the car audio scene, my age was catching up to me, body-wise, I just couldn't stand kneeling next to cars and climbing under dashboards anymore. I got myself into Wichita's leading job marking, working in the airline industry. I work for NORDAM, building high end aircraft cabinetry. Decent work, it pays the bills and allows me to buy my toys(see sig). [QUOTE]

My dad lives down there in Wichita.  I get down there a couple times a year.  My retta hasn't made that 300 mile trek ina couple years.  I MIGHT be coming down toward's the end of June, might have to meet up.

'94 Z26, running a newer 3100, euro tails, and extremely loud air horns.
'86 Cavalier Z24 clone
'94 Kawasaki 550sx
'88 Kawasaki JS300 with a pp 550sx engine
snowblindburd
Administrator

Who still remembers?

Post by snowblindburd »

Welcome back!

I never knew you but it's the thought that counts right!? Heheh.

I recall hearing stories of the btalk days, but I wasn't around then.

1991 Beretta GTZ
wicked-irocz

Who still remembers?

Post by wicked-irocz »

I enjoyed reading the schooling you did.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo