Hit a Deer... Well the deer ran into me...

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
blindmandesigns

Post by blindmandesigns »

So after hanging out with Pat yesterday, I forgot to take some extra crap out of the quazar that I wanted to trash (old wiring from alarm system, broken tail light etc...

It was nice and cool out so I decided to take a drive on the backroads.  I am just driving along actually under the speed limit because I had nothing to do... I see one deer dart out on the road, I put the brakes and and avoid a collision with it.  I see out of the corner of my eye another deer who was a retard or something becuase he PLOWS right into my front fender!  

I was moving at about 10mph from slowing from the first deer makings it's way across the street and this retard just plows right into me crumpling my bumper in and denting the driverside of my hood at the very bottom.  

There is NO front end damage at all... because I did not hit the deer but the deer infact hit me.

Driving the car it would scrape when I turned right, I went to the closest place that had good lighting and got out my almost dead digital camera and snapped a picture of it.  Then I proceded to pry up the crumpled fender to give some wheel gap clearance.

I dont have full coverage on my cars but I hope something like this is considered an "act of God" seeing God made a retarded deer that infact Hit ME! I will try to get a picture up later on tonight.  it's fixable but it still sucks ***.  I am going to call the insurance company later today to see what can be done.

Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

That sucks. I had a similiar incident in my base. I was going about 30mph when I saw a deer in the road so I hit the brakes. I stopped about 20 feet in front of it and it ran off.  A couple seconds after I started driving again another deer ran directly into my door. No real damage though, just a couple of scratches.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
blindmandesigns

it was on that road I took you on too near the shop that was really windy going down... I was coming up doing about 30mph or so...

The front fender and hood are a mess.  I did draw a picture of a dead deer on it and "BAMBI WAS HERE" in big letters on the fender that is trashed.

All the more encouragement to get the quazar inspected and road ready.

wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

that sucks man, though I did just spend $525 taking care of what someone did to my car.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
blindmandesigns

I would be willing to sell the car but this wouldn't be for a little while.  I have put (looks at tallied up list) 2210 into this car as it sits right now, this is not including the fidanza flywheel and spec stage 3 clutch w/lightened flywheel that is sitting in the garage. (approx 650 for the pair)  This is only the things I can think of right now that I have changed and I am sure there's a few hundred dollars elsewhere whether parts from the junkyard or whatever.

I would be swapping the good parts from the 91 onto the 92.  Otherwise I am getting totally raped on just selling it.

It would come with the 3.94FDR transmission from the 92 GTZ, works fine but I want the adjustable master cylinder rod for clutch pedal height and my 94 tranny only has approx 20k miles on it.

Would come with the full exhaust from the ported manifold back. and W41 chip which still throws a code 26 due to not being able to find an N-body quad in the yard here to get the appropriate relays.

I will have to see what to do. but it wont be available for maybe 2 months or more.