i cant get a beretta, what about trans am?

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.

Post by Guest »

well i saw this beretta for sale today $3000 40,000 miles i was just getting ready to buy it so i called my dad, and he said cant get it   because he had a brother that lost his life in a beretta, and my dad thinks i would get hurt in one.....so i was thinking about getting a trans am with the ram air on it what are the positives and negatives about them? or what about a mustang cobra, or saleen? i still love the beretta and if i could get one i would, and does anyone know a site for mustangs or trans ams? kinda like one for beretta's like beretta.net

paintgod93

Post by paintgod93 »

The Beretta is a tank.  You would be much less likely to get in a serious wreck in it compared to an F-bod or something like a Cobra.  The speed difference is quite different.

1996 zed26 Worst
2000 Katana Better
2006 Gsx-R Best
BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

If your lookign at cobras andd REAL saleens not the clones then you must have a lot of money to spend. I would not want to be driving a V8 everyday with gas prices. **** if I had that money I'd be looking at a BiTurbo S4     But that's just me. Back to reality though buy the beretta safer reliable as hell and better gas mileage. Win win.

Ne14a6tee9

Post by Ne14a6tee9 »

The Beretta really isnt that safe, is it? Didnt they quit making it because it didnt pass the new accident standards they passed in 1996 or 1997? And also because they were too cheap and lazy to redesign the passenger side of the car....maybe I'm just losing my mind....

Get a Grand Prix GTP. I love my car, just make sure to get one with low miles....these transmissions in these cars go pretty often, usually around 100K I believe.

-Chris
‘90 Teal Indy 5 speed :Yahoo!:
'17 HRV EX
gar187er

Post by gar187er »

berettas a tank as they said....if failed side crumple test IIRC...big deal....

but i dont get how you go from a 3k beretta to a cobra?!?!?! ***!!!

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!

Post by Guest »

i have now idea how i went from a beretta to a cobra.....i would love to have one but i didnt think about that v8....with gas prices jumping up and down i have to reconsider....i was going more towars the trans am anyways because my friend has one with ram air and he said he would sell it to me for 1300...its a 97 with 30k on it so this is a deal u cant pass up! whats the MPG on a trans am? if i cant get it (which i dont see why not) what are sum other options something with two doors not TOO expensive and that gets up and goes? not a rice rocket either

gar187er

Post by gar187er »

mpg on a T/A....depends 8 cylinder or is it a 3.8 6cyl?

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!
Ne14a6tee9

Post by Ne14a6tee9 »

I still dont see how Berettas are considered "tanks."

Don't get me wrong, I loved mine when I had them...but they're just made so cheap. Not as cheap as my Cavalier was tho...

-Chris
'17 HRV EX

Post by Guest »

its an 8 cyl.......my dad had a 2001 f-150 with the 4.6 v8 in it he had really good gas mileage he could drive from houston to ganado TX (about 45mins to an hour away) about 2 times before he had to fill up again i was thinkin about gettin a pickup truck maybe a ranger or f-150 to haul my cr125 and kx250 around in december or summer of next year

paintgod93

Post by paintgod93 »

(Ne14a6tee9 @ Aug. 20 2006,12:08)Q
U
O
T
EI still dont see how Berettas are considered "tanks."

Don't get me wrong, I loved mine when I had them...but they're just made so cheap. Not as cheap as my Cavalier was tho...
I'm not saying its reliable and tough like a tank, im saying it can get all beat to hell and back but still be running.

1996 zed26 Worst
2000 Katana Better
2006 Gsx-R Best
Ne14a6tee9

Post by Ne14a6tee9 »

(paintgod93 @ Aug. 21 2006,23:44)Q
U
O
T
E(Ne14a6tee9 @ Aug. 20 2006,12:08)Q
U
O
T
EI still dont see how Berettas are considered "tanks."

I'm not saying its reliable and tough like a tank, im saying it can get all beat to hell and back but still be running.
Gotcha.

I'll agree with you on that one.

-Chris
'17 HRV EX

Post by Guest »

yea i agree.....i saw this beretta on a site and when the guy bought it everything was wrong with it....dents in the body..ALOT of motor problems, interior, and when the guy was finished with it the car looked brand new!!!...i was amazed....im pretty sure he put a pretty penny into that car...if i find the site again...ill post some before and after pics

BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

Aren't all trans ams V8s? Firebirds were the same body but  had V6s? There's no way your scoring a V8 F body with 30K for that price unless it's basically a gift.

Decipha

Post by Decipha »

x2 gift indeed

(4) 90s, 91, 92, 93, 94, and a 95 Supercoupe (x9)
98 Camaro SS 6spd
2000 Lincoln LS 5spd (1 of 2,331)
95 Beretta base

www.efidynotuning.com
ettore

Post by ettore »

Orange Mica Z26 205,000k Click to See