i cant get a beretta, what about trans am?

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
yellow3800

i cant get a beretta, what about trans am?

Post by yellow3800 »

I'm not even reading all the posts here:

can't get a beretta?  

TRY HARDER, in fact, I'll quote yoda.  "Do or do not.  There is no try."  I Love that quote!

Second, the beretta is an entirely different animal from a trans am.  FWD vs RWD... um.. blatent differences.

BERETTAS HAVE TRIPLE GALVANIZED STEEL!  wooo hooo! [less rust, which is why all the bodies are in great shape and the engines have sign of use]

name me another car that has that.

If I ever went RWD I'd try to avoid the rust issue [sorry mustang, camaro, 240sx].  Then again, its not a problem where I live in TN... so thats to take into consideration.  Corvettes with SMC / fiberglass if you will, exotics, fiero is RWD and a HELLA platform.  I never endulged in a fiero though.  I think I'm missing something.  

TA is very nice.  I like them, excluding the body material.

Dollar for power and CAR,  I don't think the '90-'96 Twin turbo Z's can be beat.  Don't even mention supras... UGLY interior... Z has its own computer climate!  great interior.  Now they don't go too far in mods. 450hp before it starts getting really expensive and extensive.  Who wants more than 450hp  and tq for a daily driver?

come now, gas prices.  liability for tickets... no one needs that!  

Andy

oh, ps.  Just because someone died in a car does not make it BAD.  Just the obvious... many cars have had flaws that were just accidents waiting to happen.  Remaining compassionate here, just to name two:  60s mustangs put the gas tank in the trunk and rear collisions would send gas over the occupants [back seat would break allowing all fuel to enter car] and MANY people lost their lives and have been scarred for live if they didn't burn to death.  Ford, not to pick on them too much cuz I don't want to write a book here, also made the pinto which had not put covers on the differential bolts I believe and collisions would blow the car up when the gas tank would puncture and erupt with a spark.  something like $8 corrected this problem by putting insulators over those bolts.  The Beretta, coming to its defense, does not have a record of accidents.  The side impact standards changed as mentioned above, and this was just one of the reasons it was dropped.  Triple galvanized steel lasts along time, and 3400 conversions keep them updated.  I think this makes them superior to the majority out there.  Stick with us.

Andy

in 2001 98% of all NTSB reported accidents were in cars / motor vehicles on the street. [atv's snowmobiles, boats and airplanes, etc. all fit into the last 2%]