what did you do to your ride today?

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
themadness

Re: what did you do to your ride today?

Post by themadness »

dropped her off at the shop for a full tune up and run through. belts, plugs, wires, fluids, electrical..........and on and on. hopefully it will be done tomorrow but most likely monday since the shop does a half day on saturday. then its to the jy to get mah hood!

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Bah.

If you don't have enough oil under your car, it only rusts faster... LMAO

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

beretta

Post by beretta »

Sweet im going to need some of those when i repaint the car some day unless the originals can be peeled off without destroying them.

The engine lights be on in the Z again assumed it was from the gas cap again. grabbed the scanner last night and checked it. its giving me..
P0341.. CMP sensor circuit out of range
Diagnostics says.. DTC will set if PCM detect CMP signal is not synchronized with CKP signal

I have no clue what DTC CMP or CKP is lol but i cleared it and hasnt come back on.
Also once in a while when i start the car or rev it up and let off it slurges for a few seconds then clears up always been like this, if i watch misfire data on the scanner while its doing that it says misfires on 4,5,6 it does a count but soon as it clears up a few seconds the count drops back to 0 so its not giving it a code to stick. it has newer wires on it im assuming it has new plugs as well. doesnt show any problems while driving at least its noticeable.

Also the temp gauge sits at 1/4 the scanner shows im running @100. if i open the hood after the cars been running for any length of time i can not touch anything its feels so hot, i pulled the air intake tube off last night to relocate the IAT and even my cold air aluminum pipe was hot. Scanner shows air temp around 40-45 while warmed up and idling.

Need to get some ABS pipes and try and get the filter down below the rad support where it can suck fresh air.

The weather has been ridiculous all week here. 45-50/c with humidity.

And the power steering leak im pretty sure was just the line, i cut it and joined with some clamps and steel line temporary until i can buy the proper line but i think its still leaking somewhere else, possibly is just the line but where the fitting is pressed onto it down near the rack, its still buring some fluid off the exhaust but could just be from when it was leaking.

Edit...DIAGNOSTIC AIDS
If the condition is intermittent, refer to Intermittent Conditions. Electromagnetic interference (EMI) from the ignition coil or from the spark plug wires could cause a faulty signal condition in the CMP signal circuit to the PCM. Ensure that the routing of the CMP circuitry is correct

Edit..
DIAGNOSTIC AIDS
If the condition is intermittent, refer to Intermittent Conditions. Electromagnetic interference (EMI) from the ignition coil or from the spark plug wires could cause a faulty signal condition in the CMP signal circuit to the PCM. Ensure that the routing of the CMP circuitry is correct.

Edit..
A code P0341 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Cam sensor wiring routed too close to spark plug wiring (causing interference)
Poor wiring connection at cam sensor
Poor wiring connection at PCM
Bad cam sensor
Damaged reluctor wheel

Think i got it figured out at least what it means LOL... maybe with all the power steering fluid spraying at the firewall and coil packs made it misfire and made it not read the correct cam sensor signal or something. ive been driving it all week with the SES light on and didnt notice it running any different

KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Cool, one of those will look good on my tool box.

93 GTs
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I was just looking for something else completely un related when I happened across those. So I bought both of them, just in case I decide to reinstall them onto the car. He actually had 2 of the door stickers. No bumper one, but that's ok.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I sprayed it with the powerwasher since its taken on daily driving status for the past two weeks...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

ok lets catch up..... installed z steering wheel. drove everyday like usual. got it dirty. gotta wash it tomorrow. found out that a/c still works great but cuts power like a mother fucker. and while a/c is on she spits and sputters and cuts out like crazy. soo keep on with the windows down lol. found my ol wrecked 93 base and am goin to get it back for free!!! using it for donor on 5 spd swap. and other parts. YES! WIN!

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
13's or bust

Post by 13's or bust »

well yesterday i had to retighten my crank trigger bolts since they decided to back out of the motor....fixed that and havent had a starting problem since...it was really hard starting when you ckps isnt exactly in the right spot to line up with the crank trigger wheel...yay me. although on the other hand got me a new job so hopefully soon..ill be ordering parts for the winter.

"Berettas are like a sickness...and it's incurable." quoted from woody90gtz

96 z26, 3500 swap, currently awaiting Holset HX35 :) ,also 96 beretta, 3400 swap, rebuilt trans, 15.2 choked up with 3100 older uim & lim.
beretta

Post by beretta »

Took my 88 for a drive tonight to go fishing, decided to back down into the boat launch and see if she can float LOL. only backed in enough so the muffler was under water, sounded like a boat but i dont think it would have floated like one :(

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Glanced outside to my driveway and wondered why the hell I still have four of these pieces of junk.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

No offense directly Chad, but what is the deal with you lately? Can't tell anymore if you are just bagging on people to be funny, or if you have been taken over by an alien. Fess up.

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Got the brakes done, front rotors and pads, rear wheel cylinders. Also got a new power steering pump!

1994 AQUA ZED
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

DTMAce wrote:No offense directly Chad, but what is the deal with you lately? Can't tell anymore if you are just bagging on people to be funny, or if you have been taken over by an alien. Fess up.

Who was I bagging on other than Mike? Touch screen on my phone is messed up so I'm being concise, sorry if I hurt peoples feelings. :/ Other than being off topic for the sole reason to get Mikes goat, didn't think I did anything wrong.

But no I really am wondering why I can't get any further on any of my projects. House and cars are both at a standstill, and my Xbox gamerscore keeps going up.... I can't figure it out.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

Well, it rained so i didn't wash it today. drove to work and back very casually for some odd reason, no excessive speeds.. hmmm... wierd. anyway, then i stopped on my driveway and put headshots on two groundhogs from the drivers seat with the Marlin .22LR that stays in my backseat for those certain occasions. can't have those fuckers rippin up my horse pastures. one was about 55yds and the other was maybe 65yds. then parked the car and sat and thought about how much more i'll like the car when it has a mani trans. lol.

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH