what did you do to your ride today?

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
beretta

Re: what did you do to your ride today?

Post by beretta »

Been driving the 88 for over a week due to having a power steering leak in the Z, i got 525 KM to a tank in the 88 which seems pretty good to me considering i was not all that easy on it and im lucky to hit 500 KM in the 96 auto.

Tempted to repair the pressure line on the power steering on the Z and just kept leaking so i gave up on it for a week or better and tryed to fix it this weekend again so i could drive it. joined the line with a piece of steel line, flared the ends groved the crap out of it, double clamps both sides and was still leaking after a test run. so i repaired it again and was certain this time it would hold, had my gf in the car turning the wheel so i could watch for leaks, then i seen the line start pushing off turned my head and got covered in power steering fluid LOL. i was not happy almost tempted to drag it over the scales.

Phone around and found a line for 56 bucks.. every where else i priced it was $70.00 and i know rock auto has them for 23 or 26 bucks but didnt want to wait for shipping and thought i could have found a used one at the junk yard but i went to the junk yard last weekend and there was nearly nothing left... maybe 20 gm cars tops and a few trucks and such but compared to being packed full last time i was there i was disappointed. i said to one guy in there the yards pretty empty, he replys ya pretty upsetting we might have to start buying new parts lol.

went and bought the new line and got it on in the pouring rain, i was pretty soaked.

I think i fked up my hood, after i got blasted in the face with steering fluid i turned around slammed the hood down and walked away before i broke something lol. was looking at the hood up close today and i think i kinked the crap out of it :( :( :( oh well just something else for me to fix.

Up until the last while my cars never let me down and all of a sudden both of them are breaking starting to get to me having to fix something every time i turn around but slowly getting things done now, the 88 has a wheel bearing starting to go now and 1 of the new cv shafts i recently put in not 6 months ago is going also. 1 thing after another. maybe i dont drive them hard enough.

beretta

Post by beretta »

Went to a local yard with my dad so he could get a few things and found a beretta got the heater control knob and front ash tray i needed for the Z.

Also spotted something pretty interesting... a z34 with a 3.4 L 5 speed. no idea what he wants for it, i asked and he never really gave me a price id like to get the whole car but no cash right now :(

I had the vin on my phone and it got broken does anyone know what 5 speed these cars had ? is that the 285 getrag ? should i try and buy the engine and trans to do a beretta swap ?

car didnt look all that bad either, had 4 wheel disk brakes and such as well

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Cussed a lot at mine today.

Took more stuff apart on the base. Did other work, built a computer too. Yay.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

JAWS89GTU

Post by JAWS89GTU »

drove the gtu a little hard for the 1st time since completin the resto on her was messing with some srt 4 from light to light that was fun since i knew what would happen since i also have one of those as well but id figure what the heck lets try it anyways.. but for the age of the beretta shes still got some kick to her! kept up with the neon til he 3rd

beretta

Post by beretta »

you let a neon smoke you ? you need to drive that retta harder lol i dont let nothing by me

JAWS89GTU

Post by JAWS89GTU »

it was the neon srt 4.... the turbo version of the neon... i have one of those as well

srt4 hp stock=250
gtu hp with a few mods= 155ish lmaooo

SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Yeah, the SRT4 is no slouch. It's not your "typical shitbox" Neon. Pretty peppy little Dodge.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:Yeah, the SRT4 is no slouch. It's not your "typical shitbox" Neon. Pretty peppy little Dodge.
Still a neon... they just put a snail on it to try and make it popular... Bottom line I wouldn't be caught dead in one.

I think I remember beating one at the strip once when I did my 13.9 in my red car... He was rather upset to say the least.

Oh Yeah, I killed two mice in my red car last night... one in the door pannel with a shovel, and then the second one under the hood with a trap... Damn thing has been sitting too long, its time to tear it apart and get rid of the mouse hotel...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

You killed 2? That means there are at least 20 in it. Maybe more.

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Yeah, I'd say it's time to part with it. Make love to it one last time and kick it to the curb lol.

I'm taking mine to a body shop today to get a quote from my mishap Sunday night.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Mishap? Did I miss something?

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Since you aren't on facebook, yes. lol.

Cliff notes: Dog (pitbull or boxer) jumped out in front of the Z. Slammed on brakes, dog too close, hit bumper, ran over dog.

Dog dead, bumper broken in 3-4 spots, lots of paint missing. Happened on the night before my birthday too (joy).

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Ouch. Sucks man. At least you should be able to get it fixed without too much trouble. And go ahead with the items you said you had yesterday. I think I sent you a PM, can't remember. haha

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

needs bigger brakes... lol

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Srt4's are quick and can be made really quick really easily. Luckily for us, the toolbag to real driver ratio of srt4 drivers is like 3 toolbags to 1 driver.

I have ripped on a few myself with a much slower car.