Beretta convertible

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Alpinestar10

Re: Beretta convertible

Post by Alpinestar10 »

Nope all z24s had the strut tower braces verts had extra bracing on the four corners of the dog house tying the fenders to firewall and the fender to upper core support

1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Post by 1990BerettaGTZ2.3L »

Alpinestar10 wrote:Nope all z24s had the strut tower braces verts had extra bracing on the four corners of the dog house tying the fenders to firewall and the fender to upper core support
no the strut tower braces that go in the engine compartment were only on convertibles trust me took a long time for me to find this out working at a salvage yard and looking for one myself and we had 2 convertible z24s and both had them and 3 z24 coupes which did not but I did yank one off the convertible for my beretta, now the newer cav convertible strut bars do not fit because of a different strut bolt pattern, also found this out just to let u guys no so u don't go through the same I did finding one, but back on the GTZ, that thing is awsome I know he only did parts of the roof and it's not finished but when I do mine I'm gonna go back to the salvage yard I worked for and get a don't-call-it-a-rollbar structure from both supreme convertibles they have before the crush them

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad,226 cams, 3.94 W-41 trans
1990 Beretta GTZ Quad 4, 3.61 muncie 5 speed (project)
1968 Chevelle 300 deluxe 327ci 4 speed M-21, 12 bolt 4.10 posi
1978 Chevy K10 Z77 Sport 4x4
1977 GMC Sierra Classic 25 454 crew cab
-Ryan
Alpinestar10

Post by Alpinestar10 »

No trust me i know my fair share of cavi knowledge seeing ive already owned 3 j bodys and planning on buying my 4th, All z24s came with strut tower braces as far as i remember and the older ones even had lower subframe braces this was not only for the vert it was for all z's, If you ever looked on the yard cars they may have taken them off but as far as i remember ALL z24s had these braces. only newer cavalier verts 95+ had strut tower braces where the z24 counterpart did not.

Koots

Post by Koots »

From what I've researched in the last little while (overactive mind), the verts were the only pre-92 Cavvy to get the strut tower brace (different bolt pattern than our cars), the 92-94 Z24 and convertible got the upper and lower brace (Lower fits 3spd auto and manual only).

I have no idea about what further bracing the Convertibles got other than the front frame braces. But the previous info is what I gathered from the internets.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Pre-92 Cavaliers don't have the same bolt pattern on the strut tower as L-bodies do. 92-94 Z24 coupes and convertibles have the strut tower that works for our cars.

This isn't new knowledge... it's been widely known for years which STB fits our cars. I think some people could benefit from reading the FAQ...

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

heavywoody wrote:This isn't new knowledge... it's been widely known for years which STB fits our cars. I think some people could benefit from reading the FAQ...
Why? they don't read the new users rules and the sale threads either!

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Rodville

Post by Rodville »

3X00-Modified wrote:
heavywoody wrote:This isn't new knowledge... it's been widely known for years which STB fits our cars. I think some people could benefit from reading the FAQ...
Why? they don't read the new users rules and the sale threads either!

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

LOL guys! You're all wrong! The strut tower bars that fit our cars will be found on ANY FE3 equipped 92-94 J body (Cavalier or Sunbird)! The one on my car came off of a 92 Cavalier WAGON with FE3 suspension! The suspension RPO is what determines if it had the bar, not the model! Hope that helps... :D

*note* Please don't argue this, it's VIN verified via Compnine.

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

I'll VIN verify YOU via Compnine... lol

Thanks for the tip on that Brett! I'm curious to see how many wagons came spec'd out with FE3.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Yeah I swear I saw one on an RS. And by the way they also fit on 92 Grand Am's lol.

keep'em flying!
Koots

Post by Koots »

heavywoody wrote:I'll VIN verify YOU via Compnine... lol

Thanks for the tip on that Brett! I'm curious to see how many wagons came spec'd out with FE3.
I forgot about that, my buddy has one on his 94 Cavvy from a V6 wagon.

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

heavywoody wrote:I'll VIN verify YOU via Compnine... lol

ROFL! I'm a bit of a GM parts nut, but everyone already knows that! If Compnine was still how it used to be, I could actually look that Wagon info up. Oh well...
Money pit Beretta wrote:Yeah I swear I saw one on an RS. And by the way they also fit on 92 Grand Am's lol.
Yup! They will fit ALL:
L Bodies (Beretta/Corsica) 87-96 (Tempest) 87-92
J bodies (Cavalier/Sunbird) 92-94
N Bodies (Grand Am/Achieva/Skylark) 92-98

:wink: :good:

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
PGTMR2

Post by PGTMR2 »

Sorry to kick up the dust in here. My automotive tech school had one of these Indy pace cars back in 96-97. Yes, it was a convertible, not one of the coupes sold to the public. This particular one had a standard 3.1 V6 under the hood. It did not even occur to me there was anything special about it at the time. I remember seeing some pink on the side of it, I do not remember seeing pace car or Indy, anything like that on the side, yellow reflectors in the trunk panel. It was a good looking car, I kept looking at it, but could not figure what it was. I was thinking GTU,GTZ, Z26, I'd never seen the pace cars or the race they were in. Used it for transmission class, just a simple gasket filter service kind of thing. I did not notice any extra bracing, inside or out, I was a noob, I wasn't looking and this was 20 years ago. The roll bar was a cheap plastic over a flimsy piece of metal. No strength to it at all. Just enough to keep the light bar from being a buzzy blur I guess, or maybe so the door handle wouldn't snap the plastic part if closed too hard. The interior looked completely stock all black. 2 years later I was reading a magazine and I saw a short article on those cars and that's how I found out. So now the rarest thing I've ever driven (short distance of course) is a Chevy Beretta. What could I possibly ever get the keys to that was fewer than 1 of 5? Just thought I'd share the story with you guys. As to the car, it was a donated car, as such it couldn't be titled or sold and has probably been crushed by now. :/