Berettafest App ***Beta Update Available*** Updated 2/15/13

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Berettafest App ***Beta Update Available*** Updated 2/15/13

Post by Rex 2.0 »

I am currently taking an android app programming course and have to create an App for my final project. Part of the service learning part of it is that it has to be for a non-profit group or organization. Why not Beretta.net and BerettaFest.

So the idea of the app is mostly for Beretta Fest itself. It would be used while attending Bfest and whenever you want to remember those fond memories of your Beretta family.

App would include a clickable itinerary. If you click on an event it would bring up a new screen for the event with the abilities to get directions, find info for the event such as rules for the car show/racing or a few interesting facts about the museums, parks, areas we visit.

I would also like to include a database of past events. This would include results from racing/car shows, group photos, memorable moments and more from past years. I think this would be handy when we get drunk and start arguing about who won what each year :beer:.

As far as writing the program I am going to start off with a mock Bfest in Philadelphia since that is where I live and would be easiest for me to setup and test the app. This should be easily changed for the winner for 2013.

This is where you come in. I am going to be needing lots of info, pics, and videos from everyone. ESPECIALLY the long time members and committee members from previous events.

I am open to input about things to include or not to include so post your feedback.

<<<<<<<UPDATE>>>>>>>> 2/15/2013

I started updating the app with itinerary for Bfest 2013 in Denver Colorado. Ryan (Styluss) has been helping me with extra info I may need. I need someone that is good at graphic design. If you look at the most recent app under previous year winners they are not that good and not uniform as 2 different people tried to make them. If anyone that wants to help with this aspect of the app it would be much appreciated.

Also people that try the app let me know if you see any spelling mistakes as there is no spell check for the programming.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Re: Beretta/Berettafest App

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Easiest way to download currently is via QR code.

Use a code scanner on your phone to take a picture of the code below. It will download to the phone. Once completed click on the file and install.
Make sure "unknown sources" is enabled in the application settings

V1

This first version only shows the functionality of the app. Much of the "data" is not present yet. The top sections of each screen are most likly to work best.

Things I know that are not working or I am in the process of doing:

Home screen will have rotating images of different Bfest group photos Done. Download new version below
QR code button does not show a qr code. This will not happen until the app is completed. As far as I know I can not update a QR code without paying a fee.
Many past winners fields are blank. I know, I am getting the data together. Added some more
Days of events are blank. Again, I know and I am filling in data. Mostly done
Buttons look funny, buttons not lined up, landscape is stretched. I will tweak these before the released version. Not essential to the initial coding aspect. Mostly done

I also added a screen to make sure the user wants to exit. Major PITA as I had to recreate an entire screen. With out further ado here ya go.

Bugs.
On my phone it does not show the full screen. Does this happen on any one else s phone?
The screen seems to twitch on start-up. This is due to the exit screen. Still trying to find a way to eliminate it.

V2

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Sweet, ill download and beta test for you.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

SO AWESOME. I'll be a test mule as well. This is such a friggin' awesome idea!!

As for this year's action?
- BMAN, Best new interior
- Peggy, Best old interior
- 3X00, Best of BFest
- Kyle, Best engine bay
- Styluss, Endless Ride
- Chad, BFest or Bust

I'll need help with screen names / real names / last names! Plus validation that what is in my head is actually correct. Those are the 6 I can remember. And I believe that we have pictures of each of us receiving our awards.

EDITED for correctness.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Beretta_gal

Post by Beretta_gal »

I have my pic recieving my award if ya need it! (Peggy)

Beretta_gal
It's a BERETTA thing...All others just don't understand!!!
2012 Bfest Winner
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Thanks everyone. I was going to ask if people had pictures of the cars that won. Maybe ones with the awards in them. I could do one pic of the person accepting the award and one of the car.

Did they do the other awards like the watermelon and tin foil awards? If so I would like pictures of people accepting the awards if possible and why they won them.

It will be a couple of weeks til I have something people can play with so please be patient. I will post a QR code on here when it is somewhat working for people to try.

Beretta_gal

Post by Beretta_gal »

Yes....Ryan won the "tin foil" award, and I believe Pat won the "watermelon" award!!!! I have tons of pics, as I'm sure everyone else does as well whenever your ready!!!

Beretta_gal
It's a BERETTA thing...All others just don't understand!!!
2012 Bfest Winner
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I will have to get you a pic of mine as well then... LOL Its 1st and last bfest trip, complete with a million mile award. :D

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Pics are going to have to come from somewhere else, but here are the trophy winners:

Best of Bfest - Jon Chmura (3X00 Modified)
Best Stock Exterior - Paul Keller (gtuturbo)
Best Stock Interior '88-'90 - Ken Wilson
Best Stock Interior '91-'96 - Cliff Scott (can't remember username right now)
Best Custom Exterior - Brad Johnson (username?)
Best Custom Interior '88-'90 - Peggy Christensen (Beretta_gal)
Best Custom Interior '91-'96 - Marc Martel (username?)
Best Stock Engine Bay - Kyle Askins (berettaboy)
Best Modified Engine Bay - Dustin Bainbridge (username?)

Million Mile Award - Chris Lucy (DTMAce) - 293,000mi
Garage Queen Award - Linda Little - 42,936mi
Tin Foil Award - Ryan Haenny, Toni Curtis, & Kevin Pettner (Styluss)
Gopher Award - Chris Lucy (DTMAce)
Watermelon Award - Pat Boutwell (Travelor)
Endless Ride Award - Ryan Haenny (Styluss)

I just realized I am not so good on the usernames!! Fill in the blanks as needed ;)
Last edited by quad4berettagtz on Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
berettaboy

Post by berettaboy »

berettaboy = Kyle Askins(me) haha and I will also volunteer to be a beta tester! I love me some android :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

96 BRM base converted to Z26 - 2012 bfest winner, best stock engine bay
94 BAM Z26 - bought with 1 owner from VA
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I have the entire pile of award pics that Paul from Ontario took during the presentation. :P With the exception of his I think.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Wow, I love the enthusiasm for this app. Good news is I should have others in my class helping me on this app and should have it working sooner than anticipated.

I updated original post for winners and others to send in pictures or info. I will be asking the others working on this project with me to create accounts on here to get feedback as well. Please make them feel welcome and provide as much info as possible when requested.

Thanks for the list Mike. If this works I hope you have lists of winners for a long time. It will be something unique to the beretta weirdos that love these damn cars so much.

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

quad4berettagtz wrote: Tin Foil Award - Ryan Haenny, Toni Curtis & Kevin Pettner (Styluss)
I would like to humbly request that the Tin Foil Award be listed as shown above. They did after all do a lot of the lunch work and now have the trophy on their fireplace mantle!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Styluss wrote:
quad4berettagtz wrote: Tin Foil Award - Ryan Haenny, Toni Curtis & Kevin Pettner (Styluss)
I would like to humbly request that the Tin Foil Award be listed as shown above. They did after all do a lot of the lunch work and now have the trophy on their fireplace mantle!

Edited in my listing post!!

Also Pat, I do have winners list for a long time on the show awards, but I will have to do some recon on the fun awards. Give me some time to compile a list. Might be able to go all the way back to when it started in '05...

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

I have not received any info or pics from people that won awards. Please send what you want in the app to the emailberettafestapp@gmail.com . If you do not give me anyting I will fill it in the best I can but it may be wrong. I need to get started on this app.

Thanks Mike for the list. Any other info is much appreciated.