Corsica--beretta

Frequently Asked Questions

Corsica--beretta

Post by Guest »

Quote (yellow3800 @ Dec. 20 2003,00:23)I hope I'm not spilling a secret.  Erich Dethloff mentioned to me a few days ago that an achieva dash will fit in a beretta, climate, gauges, ducts, everything.  sure would be nice to rid the vinyl problem forever!
yes i was talking to the only person i have known to do it awhile ago, the problem is they where designed to be put in through the windshield from factory, he said putting it in is a major pain, also he said not to use the acheiva doors, they come an inch or two short. actually i just found his response to my questions:

hey bud,
thanks for liking my idea. unfortunatly i wouldnt recommend any one ever do it. first, i never realized that dashboards were installed at the factory through the front windshield before the windshield is installed. even with the steering wheel removed, you had better be using some KY Jelly to get that sucker in and outta there.
next, theres so much crap as far as connectors and such that all has to be changed. dont do it man! then, when talkin about the achieva, that car has all of its headlight, windshield wiper switches, and stuff all mounted on the steering column, so you will have to figure out where to mount your switches since they are made to go on the dash. i did explore the idea of swapping steering columns to recify that issue, but its just not possible. im tellin you, you dont wanna put yourself through this. next, the door panels will not line up correctly with your dash and will look like crap unless you add fiberglass to your existing door panels to fill in the blanks. i also looked into trading out to achieva door panels, but that will require changing all of the structure and mechanical stuff inside of the door to make it work properly. dont do it man, you'll be sorry.
damn, do you think that project really pissed me off? LOL

nice talkin to yas, if you really hate yourself and you decide to do it, feel free to hit me up with technical questions you may have. just make sure you not suicidal, this project might push you over the edge. good luck buddy.
shawn goldner

89GTZ

Corsica--beretta

Post by 89GTZ »

Quite an optimist isn't he?  

89GT(Z)
15.904@85.15 - many years ago
spacecadetz26

Corsica--beretta

Post by spacecadetz26 »

sounds like he tried to remove the dash without removing the steering column -which would be nearly impossible to do. Dashes are pretty easy to remove. I don't see why this cant be done without a little ingenuity. Its about the same work as installing a 91-96 interior into a 87-90. I've looked into it, also pulled a few N-body and countless L-body dashes. . It IS alot of work if you don't know what your getting yourself into. I could probably do this swap in a week tops.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package