Corsica--beretta

Frequently Asked Questions

Corsica--beretta

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know if the later 80's(88,89) corsica dash will fit in a 1990 Chevy Beretta?

Corsica--beretta

Post by Guest »

all 87-90 Corsica dashes should fit...it'll be different, but it should fit....you might need to wire in the cigar lighter, that's about it.

Edit: I forgot to mention, you'd need an 89-90 Instrument panel bezel and switches for the wiring to work out perfectly.

Corsica--beretta

Post by Guest »

Thanks

yellow3800

Corsica--beretta

Post by yellow3800 »

I hope I'm not spilling a secret.  Erich Dethloff mentioned to me a few days ago that an achieva dash will fit in a beretta, climate, gauges, ducts, everything.  sure would be nice to rid the vinyl problem forever!

Jimz90indy

Corsica--beretta

Post by Jimz90indy »

Quote (yellow3800 @ Dec. 20 2003,00:23)I hope I'm not spilling a secret.  Erich Dethloff mentioned to me a few days ago that an achieva dash will fit in a beretta, climate, gauges, ducts, everything.  sure would be nice to rid the vinyl problem forever!
Say what? No $hit!?? Someone say it's so!  

"Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. "

cramez

Corsica--beretta

Post by cramez »

It will fit, and so will the door panels with some minor modifications.  I was hoping to pull this off before anybody else figured it out.  Changing the dash is about the same as upgrading to the newer one though, it's a real pain.

2002 Monte Carlo SS - Daily Driver
1984 Z28 - 355/5-speed
1978 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade
1955 house - sucks up all the car money

Ebay Beretta Parts (changes weekly): http://motors.shop.ebay.com/cramez/m.html?...from=&_ipg=
Jimz90indy

Corsica--beretta

Post by Jimz90indy »

Quote (cramez @ Dec. 20 2003,03:38)It will fit, and so will the door panels with some minor modifications.  I was hoping to pull this off before anybody else figured it out.  Changing the dash is about the same as upgrading to the newer one though, it's a real pain.
I am pretty sure that if you already have this in the works you'll be one of, if not, the first to pull it off. I have "other" things to worry about right now besides a dash. lol.  

89GTZ

Corsica--beretta

Post by 89GTZ »

A member of bstuff has done this with the achieva dash already.

89GT(Z)
15.904@85.15 - many years ago
Canada

Corsica--beretta

Post by Canada »

I think even used a dash out of a SCX....I don't know if there is a difference or not....anyone have pictures of this?

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 2500HD
-2006 Chevrolet Impala SS
-1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta
Jimz90indy

Corsica--beretta

Post by Jimz90indy »

I looked at a dash today in an Achieva. It's nice, but it has Oldsmobile embossed on the passengers side. Not too keen on that. I am sure there would be a way to cover it with something BERETTA. I would love to see pics of an Achieva dash or anything other than a Beretta dash in a Beretta. Someone point me the way.

89GTZ

Corsica--beretta

Post by 89GTZ »

Quote (Canada @ Dec. 20 2003,16:27)I think even used a dash out of a SCX....I don't know if there is a difference or not....anyone have pictures of this?
I think the big difference was the 140mph speedo.

89GT(Z)
15.904@85.15 - many years ago
spacecadetz26

Corsica--beretta

Post by spacecadetz26 »

i think you could easily glue the old style 87-90 "BERETTA" dash emblem in place of the "OLDSMOBILE" on the Achieva dash. These dashes are very plentyful and come in alot of different colors than Beretta interiors. I would say its worth the swap. You also have more years of cars to search through 91-98 is alot of dashes! Me and Cramez where checking this swap out a couple weekends ago. Its about the same work as upgrading to 91-96 style interior, with a couple minor tweaks. And also keep in mine the newer Achievas used a double din radio, so you can have factory CD and Cassette in the same unit.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
1988GTU

Corsica--beretta

Post by 1988GTU »

How long would this take to do (swapping achieva for beretta) and it fits in a 88 beretta?  Whoa.  I have never did a dash swap yet and looking forward of it.  Although if it causes too much electrical mending then i dunno.  Anybody find some pics of this yet?

_________
-------------
cramez

Corsica--beretta

Post by cramez »

Quote (1988GTU @ Dec. 30 2003,11:00)Although if it causes too much electrical mending then i dunno. ÂÂÂ
Yes, LOTS.  it's the same thing as swapping out the pre-91 dash for the newer style, everything needs to be wired up on its own.  Big pain, but nice when done.  If you're not sure ask a professional shop.  Dash swaps can be complicated and require a lot of skill to do correctly.

2002 Monte Carlo SS - Daily Driver
1984 Z28 - 355/5-speed
1978 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade
1955 house - sucks up all the car money

Ebay Beretta Parts (changes weekly): http://motors.shop.ebay.com/cramez/m.html?...from=&_ipg=
1988GTU

Corsica--beretta

Post by 1988GTU »

So no plug n play?  If not then I dont thinks me gonna do it (not enough time).  But if %75% plugs then %25% cut and sodder then maybe be.  Any pics of it done?

_________
-------------